Zoom out - Dota 2

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by Funzinho, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Funzinho

Funzinho Well-Known Member

Is it possible?
  2. Taff

Taff Well-Known Member

why i mean the camera is exactly the same as in warcraft 3.
  3. Shoox

Shoox Well-Known Member

hopefully in spectator mode - I like -zm too =)
  4. itwasnotme

itwasnotme Member

Probably will if they don't have now.
  5. hideinlight

hideinlight Well-Known Member

Last time I checked DOTA2 already had like 40% larger viewing area already.
    Think it's for a new comparison shot, so if anyone from the beta want to prove me wrong go ahead.
  6. dofeer

dofeer Well-Known Member

I'm already fine with the default zoom however if you want to zoomout more you can.. I hope Valve and Ice will check this out to make players more comfortable of there games. Maybe a "Mouse Wheel command" to zoom in and zoom out..

P.S. I'll provide a screenshots when in not in office for now.. maybe i'll support your post later after office hours.. ^ ^
  7. TheTrollolol

TheTrollolol Well-Known Member

should have been implemented in their console just like cs 1.6 console.
  8. foolnidiot

foolnidiot Well-Known Member

Zooming during actual gameplay may cause some balancing issues. Maybe be possible when viewing replays though.
  9. Trubsz

Trubsz Banned

10. ~foul

~foul Well-Known Member

Not unless they're retarded.

Would be good for specs though.
  11. Nincinerator

Nincinerator Well-Known Member

if it was active while you were playing it might give some people an unfair advantage
  12. hypnotize191

hypnotize191 Well-Known Member

Lol funny pictures =P
  13. Head|Bang

Head|Bang Active Member

why do we need to zoom out anyway?
    err, for spec is a good idea.
  14. Killmodengaged

Killmodengaged Well-Known Member

put in "-console" to the shortcut.
  15. Blarrg

Blarrg Well-Known Member

Wait what?

Last I heard the field of view was actually larger in DotA 2 than in DotA 1, it was one of the flaws of DotA 1 actually. I remember there being a thread comparing LoL, HoN, DotA, and DotA2 FoV and in DotA 2 was significantly larger than DotA 1.
  16. Terin7

Terin7 Well-Known Member

There is a console command that lets the camera get farther. It looks weird, though, due to fog and some of the stuff that's normally off-screen not rendering. Let me find the command and take a screenshot.

EDIT: The command is dota_camera_distance. It's default value is 1134.

At 2000, it looks like this.

Then at 3000...

The fog also changes colors between the Radiant and Dire side, which looks really jarring when you cross the border with a further camera. However, with disabling the fog, and maybe doing something with the draw distance, some cool stuff could be done with it.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  17. 300thecat

300thecat Well-Known Member

^Wow, had no idea to be honest. But it should be only for spectators. Incredibly inbalanced for players.
  18. Dark3If

Dark3If Member

Does this works on multiplayers because I saw that it only works in servers with sv_cheat enabled..
  19. Dwarrior92

Dwarrior92 Well-Known Member

default camera of dota2 is indeed larger than dota1
    has for the commands to zoom out on the console, shouldn't be allowed, cause it will be too influential in the game.
  20. Dark3If

Dark3If Member

there are hacks available but they work by injection .dll code into server.dll... they should really increase the zoom out or else people will have to use these hacks.. AND DOUBLE TAPING to center camera ??? They really need to fix the controls and layout which I find very furstrating