Your PC specs

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech' started by Fr3, Apr 24, 2012.

1. nugistaja

nugistaja Well-Known Member

I'm a bit confused, how did you download the latest drivers for your card?
    Did you disable the onboard video?

The antialiasing etc. options are irrelevant at the moment.
  2. Fr3

Fr3 Well-Known Member

Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Display -> Change Display Settings -> Advanced Settings - there you can download latest drivers for your graphics card and monitor.

As I restored my PC to factory settings, it automatically accepted my Radeon HD 6670 as my main videocard and never asked or installed to download CCC.
  3. nugistaja

4. Fr3

Fr3 Well-Known Member

Ye then we got stuck, but thanx for yoru help anyway. Still need to go for new PC though, but its gonna be a cheap and old one as it is supposed to be since WC3 is such an old game and dota is built on that - dota just need slightly better spec. Messiah recommended pretty good PC. Pentium 4, 3 GhZ, 2-3 GB DDR2-3, some cheaper GPU and Windows Xp should be good enough.
  5. Xmarksthegank

Xmarksthegank Well-Known Member

My laptop is worse than your desktop and it runs the game at 60 FPS.

Download the latest MSI Afterburner BETA and install it. Works with a video card of any model, not just MSI. You can download non-beta as well but it doesn't record sound (at least last time I used it).

Install the program and open it. Ignore the overclocking options, instead go to SETTINGS, open VIDEO CAPTURE, put video capture to a desired hotkey (one that does not conflict with other hotkeys). Set video format MJPG and use ~70-80% quality*. Put the framerate to 30 FPS, youtube doesn't accept more anyway.

*The quality means how good a picture you'll record. Leave it as high as you can, but don't put it too high or then your HDD simply can't capture all video and then the video becomes a slideshow.

Watch the video you just recorded and see if it shows the program you had. Upload the video to youtube, and put the link here.
  6. nugistaja

Instead of getting a new computer I would get an SSD and use it to do a fresh install of windows. There is no way that this is hardware related.
  7. alieNATION

alieNATION Well-Known Member

CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9650 (2.3 GHz)
    RAM: 4 GB DDR2 (800 MHz)
    HDD: WD15EARS (Western Digital 1.5 TB Caviar Green)
    PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus Series 500W
    GPU: ASUSTeK Radeon HD 4850 (1 GB VRAM)
    MOBO: Not sure, but it's definitely not a good one

I can play DotA 2 on high settings with no lag most of the time. I do get the occasional 'freeze' once or twice per game. I get lag spikes frequently, but that has to do with my internet connection (or faulty wireless adapter) than with my computer's hardware.