Would You Prefer Dota To Only Have 20-30 Heroes?

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by Tyru, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Draguuro-Manchi

Draguuro-Manchi Well-Known Member

Re: Would You Prefer Dota To Only Have 20-30 Heroe

Congratulations.

Seriously, that was the stupidest argument I've ever tried to work out with online for years.

Anyways, you know that the validity of our argument is much better than yours, I don't want to meddle in with your imaginary victory but seriously, you had me explaining shit around five times then you avoid the topic itself and you shift on to argue to another person, where you start losing sense.

Anyways congratulations with your so-called "default" victory then. I guess you earned it for all the effort.

2. Tyru

Tyru Well-Known Member

Well you can't declare yourself the winner of a "theorycrafting" debate, when you only call it "theorycrafting" in an attempt to illegitimize an opposing point. Either we're all theorycrafting, or none of us are

Pick one

3. Draguuro-Manchi

I pick that none of us are theorycrafting, but then read the part where the validity of my post is much better than yours, because we all know that it is.

Even if we can't say for sure, it's almost a no-brainer. So I'll go back to the argument that you started with me earlier, about me upvoting about DotA's charm(having a big roster) over it's balance, because, well, it makes sense that that's the reason players stayed.

Sure there are people leaving because DotA is imba, but then again, as what I've said, that's the bread and butter of all A-RTS/MOBA game.

Anything to back up your claim about players staying even if the roster is changed to 30 balanced heroes, which should be created from scrap and not picked from the current hero pool, which I asked you to do for several times?

Anyways, enjoy your imaginary victory, I can see flying colors by now around your front lawn.

4. Tyru

Tyru Well-Known Member

You are simply wrong

The game would not suffer any noteworthy loss of players, just by removing some heroes

5. Draguuro-Manchi

Dude, I thought you said the heroes should be made from scrap?

So...

And let's see, current hero roster goes to around 110, right?

Then you want it to be lessened to around 30, yes, which is as much as 1/4 of the current hero pool.

Hmm, true, true, I guess it would not suffer that much of a loss considering that YOU FUCKING DELETED 75% OF THE GAME'S CONTENT.

No, skip that. What you want to happen is to have a new game.

You're not trying to keep the playerbase, you're trying to cater to the old one to play your new game.

Here's some more colored confetti for your victorious online argument, I hope you're enjoying it.

6. Tyru

Tyru Well-Known Member

I said that removing all existing heroes, and starting from the ground up with a smaller number in mind is an option

Read: option

Do you know what this word means? If not, please use the links below to gain a better understanding of the concept -

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/option
    http://thesaurus.com/browse/option

7. Lycan

Lycan Administrator

the best balance isn't perfect balance it's imperfect balance since that forces player to counterpick and allows for metashifts. and no i like dota with tons of heroes.

8. SanKakU

SanKakU Well-Known Member

If you like that idea, why not play LP mode?

9. Tyru

Tyru Well-Known Member

Countering can still be an aspect of a balanced game

For example, in Starcraft you have Collosi which effectively counter light infantry units, flying anti-air that hard counters Collosi, etc., and this doesn't make Starcraft imbalanced by the inclusion of counters (though Starcraft is of course not 100% balanced)

10. Draguuro-Manchi

And option?

And that's not an option.

@your post above,

You do realize doing so means MAKING A NEW GAME and not just simply rebalancing dota to make it as close as to being balanced.

Just think about it, first you want it to have only 25% of the current hero pool, then you want all of them to be made from scratch, and lastly you expect the players to not leave the game even with the most atrocious changes.

That's like playing chess, but then changing it to checkers, making all pieces only move in one way and having a "coin toss" first just to make things even between the two(they both have an equal chance to get the first move, so it's balanced).

Do you realize where you're going with this now?

11. Tyru

Tyru Well-Known Member

Wrong

The game is already made, the only required work is some hero resdesigns

12. sweetsourpanda

sweetsourpanda Well-Known Member

LOL...I see you don't know what "balanced" means. It means the elements of the game are balanced as is, before player input is added to the equation. The only imbalance in chess is the fact that white moves first. You sound stupid.

13. Shibubu

Shibubu Banned

Are the mods really gonna let him spam this shit?

14. Draguuro-Manchi

Ah christ, this is getting really stupid by now.

Anyways,

firstly, you never said that starting from scratch would be an option, you're even more into it than "reworking the heroes" because as you've said,

It's kinda tiring retyping shit again and again, so if you have anything else to say, I'll just copy paste stuff that I've kept on saying for some time now like that part that I bolded on the post that you just quoted.

Added:

Read the last three words. I was incorporating it to dota, because dota changes to cater with the skills of players, and sure, chess doesn't do that catering part, but then again, if we put all of these whining babies out of the game, then changes will be less. If we apply that logic to chess, if the players of chess keeps on whining about white being first, then maybe they'll decide to just let black start first.

You getting where I'm getting here?

15. Tyru

Tyru Well-Known Member

English isn't your first language is it?

Please tell me your native language, so I can translate this for you, instead of repeating myself all day

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

How is this thread spam?

It's the only Thread that I've made on the subject

16. Draguuro-Manchi

Okay, then translate it to perfect tagalog, cause it's my fault I'm reading your post in the wrong way.

Well, since you might not be able to do that then tell me, since I too have been repeating shit for like three pages now, what do you want me to understand here?

That what? You want to balance the game?

I already answered that. DotA can't be balanced because it runs in a "fanservice" way of updating. It will keep on updating to cater to everyone and to make everything fresh. It's not "adding a little bit of flavor", it's "serving an added side dish".

That you want it to have 30 balanced heroes and expect the players to not leave?

That these heroes should either be made from scratch or picked from the hero pool which I asked you to pick yourself, which you said is a stupid idea?

Tell me, what part of your post did I not understand?

17. Us3rn4m3

Us3rn4m3 Well-Known Member

is is sad how many people baited....

18. Draguuro-Manchi

It was a good bait. Haven't done this in years.

19. Tyru

Tyru Well-Known Member

I did not say that the only solution was to remove all of the currently existing heroes. I stated that as an option, which they could choose, if picking a certain amount of heroes, and trying to balance them around current their current state was not their desired course of action

In Tagalog -

Hindi ko sabihin na ang tanging solusyon ay upang alisin ang lahat ng kasalukuyang umiiral na bayani.Ko nakasaad na bilang isang pagpipilian, kung saan maaari nilang piliin, kung pagpili ng isang tiyak na halaga ng mga bayani, at subukang balansehin ang mga ito sa buong kasalukuyang kanilang kasalukuyang estado ay hindi kanilang ninanais na kurso ng aksyon

20. Draguuro-Manchi

I never said it was the only solution, I only said that you were more into that idea than balancing heroes from the current hero pool. See: or better yet.

Added: sure, I said you're not giving the "PLAYERS" an option because you're not rebalancing the game, you're changing it. It'll not be DotA anymore if this change of yours ever occurs.

And please don't tell me you google translated that shit cause it's not even funny.