World of Warcraft DOTA

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by SlamBam, Oct 21, 2011.

1. SlamBam

SlamBam Well-Known Member

2. Lycan

Lycan Administrator

moved to video games
  3. _Rinnegan_

_Rinnegan_ Well-Known Member

serius ?
  4. Twilice

Twilice Well-Known Member

Sounds legit.

You play warcraft, then you defend some kind of ancient.
  5. DoomSlayers

DoomSlayers Well-Known Member

Why not? If it makes the game more enjoyable, there's nothing wrong with it...
  6. Dota2Panda

Dota2Panda Well-Known Member

Blizzard is plastering DOTA all over their games.
  7. DoomSlayers

If it's a popular mod, why not add it? Got a problem with that?
  8. Dota2Panda

Nope. It's just fun to see Blizzard FINALLY taking note of Dota after all these years.
  9. DoomSlayers

Your point?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say to be honest.

Is it because Icefrog and Blizzard?
  10. Dota2Panda

DotA has been a popular custom map for Warcraft 3 for over half a decade yet Blizzard never made a stand-alone / hired IceFrog / created a Dota map.

They only made a move when Valve announced Dota 2.

It's long overdue.

Overcompensating by adding Dota modes in 3 separate Blizzard titles.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  11. DoomSlayers

Which game did Blizzard release after Wc3 FT? WoW only (bash it all you want, it's the most successful game ever... from a business point of view). Their next game (other than WoW) was Sc2. They had the intention of making a custom map ala DotA. You could blame them for taking forever to make a game...

Beside, Blizzard was already supporting DotA in its own way. They released a few patches to help DotA out... as well as increasing map size. When the custom maps were dangerous (virus), DotA had access to information and had time to modify&fix the map (correct me if I'm wrong on that point). Blizzard never attempted to obstruct Icefrog's efforts.
  12. wesai

wesai Well-Known Member

Dota2Panda is right, Blizzard is too slow and they took an eternity to do this. I can't wait to try that out along with HotS! :cool:
  13. Domenico

Domenico Moderator

Actually, there is a community-created mod of WoW which represents DotA (with existing characters).

Well, it was matter of time for Blizzard to import the idea. As you know, it's the thing they do best :lol:
  14. Sven2k

Sven2k Moderator

YAY!!! Being a big blizzard fan, seeing a dota map/arena/battleground is super fucking great news!!!
  15. The Observer

The Observer Banned

Wow, nice, someone should tell him that WoW textures, skins, etc. cannot be extracted and used for other stuff.

I mean, I was surprised why the grahics of the map looks too good, and I realized it's because he just extracted I think Arathi Basin's map texture.
  16. OrNy

OrNy Well-Known Member

valve took icefrog and create dota 2 . blizzard was like: loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool !! THIS IS WAR BITCH !
  17. Super-sheep

Super-sheep Banned

If you thought that that was in Warcraft III man you are so dumb.

Its a modified World of Warcraft client with different models and stuff. The UI of the Warcraft III was just pasted into the video.
  18. Amaranth Angel

Amaranth Angel Well-Known Member

But isnt Strand of the Ancients bit like dota already?? Well i still support the idea. I like every bg :D
  19. R.U.Sty

R.U.Sty Well-Known Member

Theres no need to hire Icefrog if they're aiming for a lot of changes and totally overhauling the content/mechanics. They notice icefrog may not develop DotA anymore so they want to continue the legacy or atleast give someone a platform to become the next euls.
  20. FireEel

FireEel Well-Known Member

Prepare to see the Icefrog worshipers hate.