Windrunner Item build

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by DotAJerk, Oct 5, 2010.

1. DotAJerk

DotAJerk Member

I was just wondering the item build for wind runner? early game, mid and late
  2. NoThlnG

NoThlnG Well-Known Member

There are many builds for her actually. But my build is PT (INT or STR), Orchid, Mjolnir, Agha, Guinsoo, Linken / MKB

Oh, the order is randomed BTW
  3. Disraeli

Disraeli Well-Known Member

Welcome to PD! There are lots and lots and lots of useful guides written on just about every DotA related subject imaginable. Here's some on WR, they include item/skill builds, game play advice and all other such things. Enjoy:

Ingolf's Guide to Windrunner - DotA Guides By: The_Juggernaut

Embrace the focus fire By: Spyckie
  4. BlizziC

BlizziC Well-Known Member

Battlefury, BKB, DR, BoT, Basher/satanic/SnY and agha
    Windrunner skill+Bkb gives full immunety to both spells and physical dmg
  5. nebulak187

nebulak187 Active Member

for gods sake do NOT buy phase boots. and later i like linkens/guinsoo and after that deso or mjollnir.
  6. Lories

Lories Well-Known Member

Oh, just a little bit above 20k on a semicarry? If that's all.
    Phaseboots are decent since they have one of the cheapest damage/gold ratio in the game, which is ideal if you focus on making ff effective early. If so PB/BM/Any damage item+aghs will do fine. Sometimes force staff.
  7. DotAJerk

DotAJerk Member

guys watabout early game when u only have like 600-800 gold?
  8. NoThlnG

NoThlnG Well-Known Member

Some usual builds. Buy some GG branch and tangos/pots, then get wand and bottle, then pt, etc.
  9. Dream Weaver

Dream Weaver Well-Known Member

2 mantles, 2 gg branches, 1 salve, 1 tango, make gg branches into wand later on. maybe make the mantles into nulls if you want.
  10. Disraeli

Disraeli Well-Known Member

Any of the generic cookie cutter starting builds. Some combination of regen and stats.

You strike me as a boots+tangoes first player. If so you have a lot to learn.
  11. Bad Apple

Bad Apple Well-Known Member

Dagger + Basher/MKB + Deso pretty much does it for me, the rest is luxury.
  12. BlizziC

yeah, because i often switch battlefury, sny/basher/satanic with DR, at the end of the game i switch agha to a dr too
  13. Bad Apple

Bad Apple Well-Known Member

if 800 gold try

2 bracers, urn of shadows recipe, and 1 Salve + 1 mantle and 1 branch or magic stick. Urn of Shadows coupled with her Powershot gives you monstrous killing potential early game.

if 600

try a combination of magic stick clarities, tangoes/salves and branches.
  14. BlizziC

i buy wards and regen, for all the money, i get boots and then rush a DR in 8 mins
  15. †André†

†André† Well-Known Member

actually battlefury rocks on her.. basher also.. with her ulti..
  16. Estraz

Estraz Well-Known Member

Battlefury is only the best choice in few games, really. If you really need the hp regen early on... other than that orchid is superior in every way other than the 300 or so extra gold it costs.

Either phase boots or power treads, imo. I get phase myself, because of how important mobility on windrunner is, as well as raw damage items. However, a bit of IAS for when your ult is down is always welcome, and so is the early cheap hp boost from treads. If you get treads then don't invest too much in IAS from other items, imo.

HotD is very nice on her, imo. It gives the things she needs. Her armor is low, and she makes very good use of the raw damage bonus. Lifesteal gives her a way to get her health back up (that way you don't need the hpr from battlefury at all anymore), especially when you get some additional damage items. And ofcourse you can dominate a centaur for an additional stun. Finally, lifesteal works over full damage rather than 70% when using ultimate (unless you got aghanims, then mechanics change and your lifesteal works for only 70%).

One big mana regen item is always welcome, meaning guinsoo or orchids. Both would be a waste of the mana, but I would say it's still acceptable.

Raw damage items. MKB is nice, or desolator. Desolator should ofcourse not be used if you have hotd, but otherwise it's a very good damage item. Battlefury is decent, but as I said I think there's superior items out there.

Finally, there's utility items for windrunner that also help with damage. Force Staff, Blademail, possibly even BKB. Should also mention RoB I guess. If you have a build like Phase Boots, Orchids, HotD, Force Staff, you don't have any pure damage items, but even so, it gives you fantastic mobility, all the mana you need, and still a very good dps.
  17. Cp6uja

Cp6uja Well-Known Member

1. Start withe exatly: Ring of Protection / 3 GG branch / 1 tango / 1 salve

2. Proceed with Ring of Bausilius, Magic Stick.

3. Get preservance.

4. Get Boots -> Phase Boots

5. Ultimate orb -> Linkens Sphere

6. Maestrom -> Mjollnir

7. Sell Ring of Baus -> Get Guinsoo (this is for like 80+ game play)
  18. ulysses

ulysses Well-Known Member

19. QqEr

QqEr Well-Known Member

I agree with the first 2,then buy phase and proceed with ultimate orb for either hex or linkens.i dont like WR as a carry,i surely prefer her to be more like a supporter.maybe a late MKB will do,but imo all these options you (all) suggest are bad.
  20. Lories

Lories Well-Known Member

^agree, except 6. The dps item you get after linken's is fluid imo, can be mkb vs evasion, deso vs low armor, mjollnir vs high armor.. etc.