Why the nerf-heavy approach to Tusk?

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by Raisen223, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raisen223

Raisen223 Banned

I know that all of you will flame me for saying this, since Tusk had just been released and it hasn't even been a week yet. But I checked his Dota 2 Wiki page, and I couldn't help but notice the absurd amount of nerfs, so I'd like to ask you people why was Tusk nerfed so much?
  2. Tyru

Tyru Well-Known Member

He's been in Warcraft 3 Dota for a while. Those are just parity
  3. Green Yoshi

Green Yoshi Well-Known Member

When he was first released his Snowball's speed scaled with his allies' movement speed which means with a full team you can get a speed-of-light Snowball that Blinks your whole team on top of the poor guy. Simply put, he was imbalanced and needed some nerfs to bring him to his current balance (which I think is pretty good for now)
  4. GGlink

GGlink Well-Known Member

So you have never seen the speed a 5 man snowball (even 3) could get? It was like cent's ult but without being an ultimate.
  5. The_Reaping

The_Reaping Well-Known Member

I miss the old Walrus punch. :(
  6. Raisen223

Raisen223 Banned

Come on, don't try to be a smartass, it's fairly obvious that I'm talking about Dota 2.
  7. Tyru

Tyru Well-Known Member

I'm not being a smartass, I'm answering your question
  8. Disaster_Lord

Disaster_Lord Well-Known Member

He answered trully, those nerfs happened when he was released at wc3, aka DotA 1, dota 2 just added the hero(that was nerfed in d1) to the pool, while showing you the nerfs he has had trough hystory, watch the dates of those nerfs, D2 project didnt exist back then.

I feel like an oldfag now.
  9. Raisen223

Raisen223 Banned

You're missing my point completely. I'm not trying to ask when were his nerfs issued, but why were they issued.
  10. ArchDragon

ArchDragon Well-Known Member

cause he was OP, Tuskarr literally invented the deathball meta we are in now with snow.
  11. LavaDeath

LavaDeath Well-Known Member

Who knows ?
    Ask icefrog smartass ..
    Dota 2 right know ONLY port hero from dota 1 ..
    Any sort of buff nerf will still be based on dota 1 .
  12. Aspects

Aspects Well-Known Member

And he answered your fucking question and you decided to be an asshole to him. Tuskarr was strong. He got nerfed. That's all there is to it.
  13. Raisen223

Raisen223 Banned

*facepalm*...the retards in these forums....
  14. Tyru

Tyru Well-Known Member

You asked why he was nerfed in Dota 2. Maybe you did not intend to ask that, but you phrased your OP in that manner. Thus why you were answered with the fact that those are parity

The reason he was nerfed after release in Warcraft 3 Dota, is pretty obvious. He was in need of balance changes... the same reason why any other hero gets nerfed or buffed
  15. badmafa

badmafa Banned

You asked why he was nerfed. People have repeatedly told you it was because he was OP. What the fuck are you trying to ask?
  16. LavaDeath

LavaDeath Well-Known Member

Don't feed the troll
  17. Person.Boi

Person.Boi Well-Known Member

GJ OP. You did ask for it, both directly through the OP and also indirectly by being an asshole. Thing about this forum, don't flame first and no one can call you anything.

EDIT: Other than a noob.
  18. qmau

qmau Well-Known Member

The best thing was playing with a meepo and look at the snowball go.
  19. Raisen223

Raisen223 Banned

And still none of you have truly answered my question. My question was, what's OP about him. I'll try to be "nice" this time, so can you please answer my question? *rolls eyes*
  20. Person.Boi

Person.Boi Well-Known Member

Imagine Tusk + Cent vs anything. Snowball -> stomp -> shards -> Double edge -> walrus punch -> stampede = 120 + 150 + 280 + 400 + ~300 + ~100 = 1300, approx 1140 dmg combo after reductions at lvl 7. YOU CAN'T ESCAPE NORMALLY. Only one of the many pairs involving Tuskarr that result in 100% won lane.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.