What Is The Best Items For Axe?

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by ra3ed, Jul 6, 2010.

1. ra3ed

ra3ed Member

I Want To Know What Are The Starting Items??
    Then What:rofl:
    Then The Core??
    Thnx!

2. Kwanz4

Kwanz4 Well-Known Member

The old Axe used to look like this for starting items:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The new Axe does this for starting items:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

You then get boots and a magic wand.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next comes blink dagger.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Next is Vanguard. This is your core build.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Next is bkb or hood and then blademail - I normally go bkb though.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    OR
    [​IMG]

Drop the magic wand and get a heart and BOTs.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    OR
    [​IMG]

Finally you say goodbye to vanguard and get shivas, not AC.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    OR
    [​IMG]

Why Shiva's? you ask. Well it's because you are not the carry - you're an initiator. It also has great armor and adds to your bad mana pool. Shivas really helps during chasing and the addition to your mana pool makes it so that you can initiate non-stop.
    The heart is for independence from the fountain and the nice addition of 1k hp.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  3. PNutz

PNutz Well-Known Member

Dagger is the number one item. Others include vanguard, hood, blade mail, hot, shiva, bot.

4. Disraeli

Disraeli Well-Known Member

As Kwanz4 says above for starting, then aim for Phase -> Vanguard -> Dagger, those are his core imo, then luxuries gotta be a Shivas. Just remember your not the carry, once you've got a dagger your pretty much farmed up you just need to concentrate on initiating. Hope this helps!

Edit: Kwanz4 is too good at this.

5. Kwanz4

Kwanz4 Well-Known Member

Thank you :D.

6. Disraeli

Disraeli Well-Known Member

So why do you go BoT over Phase Kwanz4? I mean obvs late game BoT > Phase, but early ~ mid game I find phase so useful, sprinting through creep lines and the like! Im assuming your a pro axe given your in depth item explanation! Dis

7. Kwanz4

Kwanz4 Well-Known Member

You can do phase - I've done it a few times. It's just that I kind of never get around to it.

8. PudgePie

PudgePie Well-Known Member

Start with some tangoes, stout shield and stats items, then go for a ring for vanguard, if you get good farm and kills get your dagger first and complete vanguard. My boots choice is travels, then go for Shiva and Hot, sell your vanguard and get a blade mail and the game should end after that.

9. iKrivetko

iKrivetko Well-Known Member

Sometimes getting Vanguard before Blink is more rational.
    Getting BKB on Axe is stupid. You want to soak up as much damage as possible, not shift the focus from yourself.

10. TehMoep

TehMoep Well-Known Member

Sry but why BKB?
    Its much better when you soak up the nukes than your carry or nukesupporters.

Edit. :ninja:ed

11. Kwanz4

Kwanz4 Well-Known Member

You won't get close enough without getting blink first. If you rush blink and get it early game then the 60% chance to block 20 damage along with your +20 armor from berserker's call should be sufficient. I get bkb on Axe because unlike other tanks, he can make people attack him. While under berserker's call, people from afar can nuke you down.

I agree, hood is probably best but I still get bkb for some reason.

12. iKrivetko

Vanguard lets you jungle so you could get that dagger safely.

13. Kwanz4

Kwanz4 Well-Known Member

Stout shield does that as well.

14. iKrivetko

Good luck farming big camps with a stout.D:

15. Kwanz4

Kwanz4 Well-Known Member

As I have done so easily the past 50 times. An early blink dagger gives you the advantage of surprise initiation.

16. iKrivetko

Undoubtedly it does. The question is whether it is needed that much, as more or less massive team fights don't (usually) happen that early anyway.

17. bR0k3N

bR0k3N Well-Known Member

start with:
    :stoutshield: + any combinations of :salve:/:tango:/:ggbranch:
    for reference, 1x :ggbranch: 1x :tango: 2x :salve: is good.

if you're laning, lane with a ranged disabler. follow-up with your disable. if you're jungling, be sure to stack as many camps as possible and use a salve afterwards.

buy at the side shop:
    2x:ror:+:helmetofironwill:+:planeswalkers:=:hood:

buy:boots:and:mwand:at a time that's convenient for you. early:boots:is good if you've enough regen.

carry build:
    :hood: :dagger: :soulring: :bots: :agha: :assaultcuirass:

support build:
    :hood: :basilius: :phaseboots: :dagger: :forcestaff:+:tp:'s

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  18. Lories

Lories Well-Known Member

Consider Aghs if you do carry, since Axe is far from bat it.
    €: oops, too slow. though i wouldn't advise soul ring.

19. s.ops_Freak

s.ops_Freak Well-Known Member

Start you can go for Stout, 3 GG branches, a Tango and a Salve or basically any combination of items once it consists of a Stout shield.

Mid game you should either have one of these 2 items or if you've had a great game, Blink Dagger or Vanguard. Your invent should look like Boots, Vanguard, Magic stick or Boots, Stout shield/ Poor man's shield, Dagger, Magic stick.

Late-mid game you should have Phase, Vanguard, Hood, Dagger.

Lategame you would want BoT, Dagger, HoT, Assault Cuirass, Pipe and Radiance/Blademail.

PS: I knew the fact that Axe's Counter helix procs before an attack but I couldn't figure out for myself (thanks to some mechguy) that if you get Butterfly, you'd still be able to spin just as much even if the attack missed. Although I've never tried it myself I think it might be viable if you want to increase your tanking abilities a bit without recieving dmg.

20. Knoppers-

Knoppers- Active Member

First get Dagger. Then, when you have decided what to get (Hood or Vang) you get the tanking part of the items, means ring and stout shield or Helm of Dorminator. Then you go Phase Boots and then finish the item. Then Shiva, Heart, Blademail and then you must decide between AC, Radiance, and a second heart. (Maybe gem ?!)
    If you got hood -> pipe.