Troll Warlord in DotA 2

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by Bloodmoth, May 28, 2012.

1. Bloodmoth

Bloodmoth Well-Known Member

I couldn't help but notice, that even though by now we have leaks for most heroes, there is no indication of Troll Warlord being worked upon in Dota 2. The train of thought that follows leads to the assumption that he is maybe getting a full rework?

I mean, we already know that:

a) Icefrog said he is working on a number of hero reworks for the next version.
    b) 2 of those heroes that are known to get a rework, Pit Lord and Phoenix, are among those heroes with the least progress in DotA 2.
    c) Troll Warlord shouldn't be too hard nor concept-wise nor programming-wise to make. And still he has zero progress.
    d) Troll Warlord is among the most infamous "boring" DotA heroes: Right click wonder, even though his active has seen a fair amount of changes over the course of time.

What do you think? Is it possible Icefrog will turn the rightclicker into a different kind of hero?
  2. Smoke_of_Deceit

Smoke_of_Deceit Well-Known Member

Same for techies, tuskar, terrorblade, the 4 new heroes......
  3. LegendTroll

LegendTroll Well-Known Member

No, because we already port enough troll to Dota2.
  4. Noxonius

Noxonius Banned

Pit Lord

5. Quiesce

Quiesce Well-Known Member

And AM isn't a right click hero.
    And SK isn't a right click hero.

6. Bloodmoth

Bloodmoth Well-Known Member

They are ported already.

Also, most of the heroes you guys mentioned are either last priority heroes (Techies), the 4 new heroes (Xin, Shredder etc), in need of overhaul due to Blizzard copyrights (Terror) or already confirmed for overhaul (TC, Pit Lord, Phoenix). I, for once, still think a total hero remake for Troll Warlord is a possibility.
  7. Smoke_of_Deceit

Smoke_of_Deceit Well-Known Member

TC was not confirmed for overhaul and TB does not have copyright problems
    And the 4 new heroes aren't heroes? they deserve to be ported as much as anyone else
  8. badmafa

badmafa Banned

Part of it is popularity. No one plays Troll or Visage, hence those two not being worked on as energetically as shit like Barathrum. You can blame pubs, once again.
  9. BattledOne

BattledOne Well-Known Member

In competitive! Pubs love him though.
  10. badmafa

badmafa Banned

They really don't. I haven't seen Troll in a pub in quite a while.
  11. CynthiaCrescent

CynthiaCrescent Well-Known Member

They figured having to click G more than once per game is too much work.
  12. RaidenStorms

RaidenStorms Banned

Troll isn't a about right clicking, he's about quickly changing between melee/ranged form and nuking others.
  13. BattledOne

How often do you play DotA and what platform you use?
  14. badmafa

badmafa Banned

I play on DotACash and RGC mostly, most days of the week 1-3 games. The last time I saw a Troll was probably over a month ago, played by Kris. Closer to 3-4 months last time a random picked it.
  15. UtC.5tryker

UtC.5tryker Well-Known Member

Lets just wait and see then.
  16. BattledOne

Never played on those platforms.
  17. Lune722

Lune722 Well-Known Member

1. Why exactly? I don't see anything wrong copyright-wise with just porting TB to dota2.
    2. Where is it confirmed? Link it please.
  18. NoxZA

NoxZA Member

Lycan? He's even a more right click hero than troll.
  19. ShadowThanatos

ShadowThanatos Well-Known Member

Go to Suggestion sub-forum and head toward Request.

I believe VALVe works on heroes that are popular in Pub-scene or Competitive Scene. Troll is not that popular I believe, so as Visage.
  20. Shtaudeyy

Shtaudeyy Well-Known Member

please do not make terrorblade shit. please keep his awesomeness.