TI 2016 predictions

Discussion in 'Competitive Chat' started by henpara, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Siraraz.

Siraraz. Well-Known Member

Wings is the azn hope

2. HyP-

HyP- Well-Known Member

Well, they're asian and they aren't chinese so dota wise they're SEA :stuart:

3. RisaStoleMyHart

RisaStoleMyHart Well-Known Member

Nobody thinks MVP is a SEA IRL. But out of NA, China, EU and SEA, SEA is the most appropriate since KOR region is not justified. MVP is like the only Korean pro DotA club.

4. Max_LKC

Max_LKC Well-Known Member

Then could you even call DC a NA team with only two players that's from the NA region? LOL. At least EG has 3 players...but still it's more of a "brand" being in the region than the players.

5. Ninjerk

Ninjerk Well-Known Member

While I've got you guys here: I haven't played or watched anything DotA related since September (apparently); where did this Manta/Diffu Faceless Void build come from?

6. Nicolas_Cage

Nicolas_Cage Well-Known Member

Can you call Secret EU when their 5/7 players are from NA?

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

When FV no longer a pos 1 cary but instead an offlaner. Manta and diffu are for cheap dps and to purge silence.

7. Ninjerk

Ninjerk Well-Known Member

Thanks. The first game I saw the Manta on him there was a DP on the other team and I thought that must have been the reason, but I've noticed it being purchased on him in pubs and other games so I was curious if this was some response to some other change in the meta.

8. JJE92

JJE92 Moderator

We don't, not when they play like this :cat:

9. RandomFlamer

RandomFlamer Well-Known Member

What 2 players? Only Moo is American. W33 is Romanian, Resolution is Russian, Saksa is Macedonian I think and Misery either Danish or Swedish, forgot which one.

But surely the NA fanboys will swear that they are pure NA, lol

Anyway gotta feel bad for Puppey(ok, I don't). If that leaked conversation is true then he did reject Resolution, which means DC has 3 Secret rejects on their team while doing much better than what the current superstar Secret managed to achieve. What a humbling experience indeed.

10. Nicolas_Cage

Was it a running joke that DC would ever achieve anything good in their life? I mean people used to say shit like DC will win TI6 ironically.
    If I not wrong people used to call them a shit NA team also.

11. Max_LKC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_countries_by_population

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Digital_Chaos

Misery is from denmark, and denmark is in the North American region so two players.

Nope, I never did call them a pure EU anyway so your point? Well to put it simple, geographically South Korea is not part of SEA, so the logic behind MVP not being SEA team is certainly valid. But then again, asserting that a team with only it's brand being a pure NA shouldn't be considered as a NA team because its players' does not have a majority nationality from the same region hold just as much weight. This applies to all teams and regions. That's what I'm trying to point out.

12. Nicolas_Cage

There is no pure NA team so...
    Even col which is called a NA team has 3 Swedes.
    Region is mostly based to the geographical place the team operate rather than the nationality of the players.
    Also you don't count subs?

13. RandomFlamer

So Misery is from Greenland?

14. Max_LKC

Subs are mainly there for emergencies, nobody really cares about subs anyway. Subs are never really "important" to the team heck even LGD do not have scrim or practices with subs in their team up until an emergency occurred.

Like I've said, asserting region based on geographical operations carries just as much weight as players' nationality. I mean really, does it make sense when you're shouting USA USA when the team literally only has 1-2 USA player? I'm not saying your logic is flawed, I'm just saying my reasoning carry just as much weight as yours.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Yeah I guess, that's what it says on the wiki.

15. RisaStoleMyHart

It's just trends. There is nothing cheap about manta + diffusual on an offlane Void who doesn't even have an innate farm tool, at least pre-rework Void got BF or MoM + Mael to increase farm speed.

Manta + Diffusual are just well-round items for post-rework Void that happen to have utility, damage and a balance of other stats, without going full carry dps. If Void wanted damage with some utility, one could build a Necro 3.

16. Nicolas_Cage

It's cheap in the sense that it allows you to counter silence and still increase your dps.
    BkB is cheaper price wise, but it's an expensive item for void since it does not give a lot of damage.

17. iLag

iLag Well-Known Member

MVP are SEA because their primary region of play is in SEA. Theres no such thing as a Korea region in DotA and they arent in the chinese region. Therefore they get grouped with SEA no matter the distance.

and I want a SEA team to win for sure. I hope wings vs mvp or Fnatic final.

I want MVP to win but at same time feel Mushi finally deserves a win

18. RisaStoleMyHart

It's funny because there is not even a Korean server anymore. So MVP practice in Chinese servers with bad ping.

19. RandomFlamer

MVP can only play PA.