This is Final Fantasy

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by BlindMaiden, Mar 23, 2013.

1. BlindMaiden

BlindMaiden Well-Known Member

Yep, that's how the "creative" people work at Valve making the hero models.
  2. Ostarion

Ostarion Well-Known Member

3. Siraraz

Siraraz Banned

I approve of this Final Fantasy thread. I've never even played the game!

4. JukeboxDragon

JukeboxDragon Well-Known Member

posting in a ff thred
  5. jyzzy

jyzzy Well-Known Member

It's Kimahri Ronso from FFX that wield lances and can copy himself. That's the idea the original PL was made in WC3 and Valve has nothing to do with it.
  6. Xenterex

Xenterex Well-Known Member

oh noes, heaven forbid that valve have a similar character model in dota 2 to the dota 1 version. Its like the dota 1 hero is a total custom rip of some hero, which if people didn't already notice, is only 1 of the people listed in the picture linked above.

Cuz ya know, if people were unobservant idiots, or something, they might think you were implying that the entire cast of FFX were being imported/ripped/copied instead of a single hero. But hey, lancer is a recent addition to the game right? It's not like he's been around for say seven years or something?

Oh, and while we're at it: zomg
  7. Shaella

Shaella Well-Known Member

Shh. The internet tough guys might get nervous if they find out that something nerdy like anime was in DotA!
  8. Skariy

Skariy Well-Known Member

I see Veigar, Shaco, and one those Blood Elf ground mounts from BC
  9. Skariy

Skariy Well-Known Member

I didn't say anything bad about people like the series; I said I don't care about it, nor do I see the relevance to it's comparison to Dota 2, which (as far as I know), only has one inspired character
  10. Louie-

Louie- Banned

omg treant is bulbasaur
  11. Well im sure multiple artist get their ideas from other artist their inspired by. Big deal if its final fantasy. ff10 was literally THE SHIT
  12. WasuWasol222

WasuWasol222 Member

Yeah, from time to time PD needs this kind of threads, we need a break about all those "Omg "X" hero is OP" "My team is awful" "My carry quited the game" "Valve work more pls" threads.
  13. Skariy

Skariy Well-Known Member

The absence of pointless threads does not imply a necessity for them
  14. jyzzy

jyzzy Well-Known Member

Enigma is Slenderman stolen from Skrillex.
    Storm is Raiden stolen from Mortal Kombat.
    Jugger is Jigsaw from Saw.
    SF is Enderman from Minecraft.
    KotL is Gandalf from LotR.
    Brood is Aragog from Harry Potter.
    Riki is the Satyr from Dragon Quest 8.
    Puck is Water Dragon from Chrono Cross.

Oh main, slow the freak down a lil' bit.
  15. Merubin

Merubin Well-Known Member

PL is based on Kimahri and FFX is a great game.
  16. enjoidank

enjoidank Well-Known Member

certain heroes were made with that inspiration by the developer icefrog. this was back in dota 1
  17. moon31f

moon31f Well-Known Member

You understand the friday night threads when you get home drunk and wasted
  18. Killerhunt

Killerhunt Well-Known Member

actually....Phantom lancer's original dota 1 model was based on kimari (the blue dude with a lance) a final Fantasy X character

and there other things that make reference to the Final Fantasy series in Dota, for example, Juggernaut's ultimate,omnislash, is based on clouds ultimate limit break by the same name:

then there is Shiva's guard, you could argue the items just carries the name of the Hindu goddess, but, the only place she's portrayed as an ice wielding entity, is in the Final fantasy Series :

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  19. Akazawa

Akazawa Well-Known Member

Just because you're playing dota 2 doesn't mean you should look down to people who play final fantasy too. Many dota players play console rpg games as well.

And this is one of the best final fantasy games.
  20. Bodge

Bodge Well-Known Member

Wow, how come I didn't notice this?!?!? :shock:

FFVI is the best because of Kefka's maniac laugh.