THE Underlord Thread

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by Urien, Aug 24, 2016.

1. TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne Well-Known Member

How about Lens -> Dagon?
    Lens is obviously a good starting item, with sustain and nice boost to Fire/Malice.
    Then since you already have Lens you get a boosted Dagon. Nice in sustained fights where enemies have a hard time killing you and slowly get whittled down to 1shot territory. Nice in TP ganks to burst quickly with no chance of escape.
    What's not to like?
    Could follow up with Octarine or Veil.

2. Louie-kun

Louie-kun Well-Known Member

3. Nicolas_Cage

Nicolas_Cage Well-Known Member

He's so good as an offlaner you can actually farm faster than your safelane if you know how to play.
    he's bad against magic lane tho, so he's still a niche pick against right click lineup.

4. Urien

Urien Well-Known Member

He's an "ok" offlaner most of the time. He can manage thanks to the new neutral camp they added next to shop.

He doesn't particularly shine during the laning phase actually (in any lane for that matter), he just needs levels and needs the game to move to the roaming/ganking phase asap.

5. Mlcrosoft

Mlcrosoft Well-Known Member

think if you have aura maxed, have crimson guard and a pipe you and your team are completely invicible and just in case something goes wrong you can teleport them out

6. SkyforgerXVIII

SkyforgerXVIII Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's great fun walking in and crashing teamfights:

[​IMG]

7. Urien

Urien Well-Known Member

Is radiance truly viable on this guy?

I also have a hard time justifying veil. Mainly because I think someone else should buy it.

8. SkyforgerXVIII

Dunno, it usually works.

Last game I started out like a #4-5 or something, still wanted to get the shiny sword, ended up with a pretty shit selection of items in the end. Also I super underutilized my Radiance (also, fed like a fool couple times in a row right after getting it, hence the big gap between 1st and 2nd+ items), but at least it stopped Tinker from blinking all over the place come lategame. Luckily after 50 minutes our Void did a game winning move so we could finish: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2600762249

9. Kris

Kris Moderator

Find myself consistently making

PMS
    SR
    Hood --> Pipe
    Crimson/Greaves
    Greaves/Crimson
    Platemail --> Shiva/Lotus

10. Blarrg

Blarrg Well-Known Member

He definitely fits offlane the best with non-channeling firestorm.

He is somewhat versatile, but his items consist of anything that fits into the utility category. Things like Mek/Greaves, Aether Lens, Pipe, Vlads, AC, Shivas and many others can mesh well with him.

I personally think a strong core consists of SR Arcanes then disassemble into Aether Lens. After that just build whatever utility your team can make the most of.

Build is most obviously 4-4-0, and I think putting him anywhere other than offlane is completely inefficient and a waste.

11. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Well-Known Member

Necro should be your late game core item.

The item is great by itself. It also helps you to push down a lane fast enough to get you time for another lane. It is also great as a beacon for Dark Rift ganking. Pop a smoke, then one summon can scan enemy jungle for you while the other allows Dark Rift/BoT to teleport. Necronomicon summons also run quite fast, fast enough to rotate to the nearest lane.

You win a teamfight, amassing a ton of damage with Atrophy Aura, then destroying a tower in one lane and teleporting to the other lane with Dark Rift/BoT. Almost unstoppable.

Necro also provides enough bulk for Pit Lord to survive the fight, while supplying a lot of Int for mana. Giving the hard buildup of Shiva, you can easily finish both Crimson Guard and Necro if you have a hard time.

12. Nicolas_Cage

Nicolas_Cage Well-Known Member

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2601459706
    Really underqhelming game from me. I underestimated enemy's trilane which is Ribick Omni Weaver leading to greedy play which lead me to 1-5 in 10 minutes into the game.
    However the build is just too strong against that line up. Morph is the only threat with the one shot combo however Weaver enemy line up deal literally no right click damage which make my team to be able to comeback and win the game.

13. Kris

Kris Moderator

Certainly a valid option. I've found running point with Hood/Pipe + Greaves/Crimson to flow better.

In a more support role Force/Eul seems desirable.

Hero seems to hate Jug/Ursa a lot, which makes sense since they have burst he can't easily tank until very late.

14. effreit89

effreit89 Well-Known Member

His kit looks awesome with Warlock's

The effects just fit like a glove XD

Bonds>Infernal>Storm>Upheavel>Pit .. literally looks like when the Legion first arrived in Lordaeron XD...can't say if effective tho :rofl:

15. Abdulink

Abdulink Well-Known Member

Momfury.

16. BornFromAGrave

BornFromAGrave Well-Known Member

Does well an an Aurawhore. Drums, Vlads, MEka, CG, GG (If the other supp goes for GG BoT are crazy). Later AC, Shivas.

Is BS worth to mention? Since Firestorm dmg is max HP based i can imagine that you might pull of a good amount of heal.

Midas? He needs a lot of XP and he is able to farm it.

17. SkyforgerXVIII

18. Mlcrosoft

played few games with soul ring-> vanguard+hood into crimson+pipe build. Echo saber after. Won against 7.5k people playing party.

This is probably THE build for him. With crimson and pipe your team is unkillable, just go 5 man and after you win a fight you have 150-250 damage so you can effectively push.

You have to be strict and force your team to go 5 man once you have magic combination of crimson+pipe. YOU CANNOT LOSE A FIGHT, YOU CAN'T.

19. Kris

Kris Moderator

It's even more funny if you add Greaves :p

20. Mlcrosoft

I ended up playing against anti mage in my last 3 games so arcane boots->graves weren't option.

But yeah this hero is all about crimson guard, it works ridiculously well with his aura.