THE Underlord Thread

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by Urien, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Kypkalorian

Kypkalorian Well-Known Member

Interesting. Meme Magic to victory? I might

2. teStud0

teStud0 Well-Known Member

I'd agree that his item build is very flexible and utility oriented. There isn't a cookie cutter one but it mainly depends on Crimson and/or Mek/Greaves

3. iser

iser Well-Known Member

omg, i still have not been able to play underlord yet. he's either banned or insta-firstpicked. this is so frustrating.

4. SkyforgerXVIII

SkyforgerXVIII Well-Known Member

Getting rusty, old man? :santa:

I've only ever failed to first pick him once in 14 games. The one game I did not get it I destroyed him with Axe, so it's alright I guess. Got to appreciate free wins.

anyway here's my last game with Underwhelm:

tried going for that passive semi-afk spam style - I was middle this game, but I like offlane better ever since Firestorm does not damage buildings

5. Urien

Urien Well-Known Member

Bloodstone?

6. SkyforgerXVIII

Bloodstone!

[YOUTUBE]Omz4pHuM5zU[/YOUTUBE]

I'd usually opt for a Hex, but that has an active I'd have to use regularly, which wasn't an option this game.

7. iser

iser Well-Known Member

you picked someone other than jugg???

8. Urien

Urien Well-Known Member

He's actually always getting banned in my games. Been waiting years to play him and this is how i get repaid.

9. SkyforgerXVIII

I was one of like five people who actually loved playing Pit Lord in DotA, so of course I'm picking him. :geek:

Learned not to play ranked right after new content release.

10. GeneralH

GeneralH Well-Known Member

my trick to fast pick:

use card view. memorize the pitlord card location, or move it to suit your needs. preemptivley move your mouse there. click it, and hit enter very quickly when the draft starts. bonus points for alt + enter after you pick him.

11. Urien

Urien Well-Known Member

That's how I do it. But it's pointless when he is banned.

12. MWaser

MWaser Well-Known Member

afk farm build without 6 battlefuries? how do you even dota like that

13. Hyperion1O1

Hyperion1O1 Well-Known Member

Underlord reminds me that there needs to be an item with an aura that reduces attack damage.

We have fucking Cuirass for -armor and Vlads for + damage, we should have some shit like that.

Anyway, Pit of Malice and Atrophy will be the bread and butter for Underlord. He'll be picked to stop some magic immune shenanigans like Naix

14. EnkiL.

EnkiL. Well-Known Member

I think I've seen a fair share of livestreams that are pretty much evidence that you can't jungle with Underlord starting Lv.2.
    To those that think the enemy Underlord is jungling, do us a favour and gank that sucker because he definitely only has 100 HP left and no Pit of Malice to stun you with.

Why don't people max out his Pit of Malice? I think it's the better early-game spell for those early ganks and/or saves. And actually works with you guys telling he's a #4. Get a Lv.1 Atrophy (this is pretty much mandatory), then max Pit before Firestorm.

Don't even tf go Arcane Boots. Phase Boots and a Perseverance (going into Linken's Sphere) is already enough for your mana basically. Srsly. Why do people think Pit Lord is mana-intensive? Don't tf cast his skills every cooldown. Your auto-attacks are pretty much your main source of damage, use them.

You'll find he's more of a pos. #3 or #2 (never #1 unless you're just so out of options for carry, and god help you then because Underlord has little to no AGI to back that damage up).

15. Kris

Kris Moderator

Hero seems much better as a #3 than a #4. You can't let your #1 try to 1v1 him when he has high bulk, 100+ damage, and a decent zoning spell.

As a #4 you can't gank effectively and don't farm stacks as well as something like Sandking/Shadow Demon. The #4 either needs to have very high teamfight impact at m10 or be able to roam right now.

16. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Well-Known Member

Or type U-N in list view. Instapick in most case.

17. Urien

Urien Well-Known Member

Eul's is amazing on this hero. Just amazing.

It solves all his mana problems and the active is great for pit set ups and rift escapes.

18. Bodge

Bodge Well-Known Member

He's weird. Would Treads/Boots + Vlads + Buckler (for the eventual CG) + Raindrop in the offlane work, I'm not really sold on the Arcane + Vanguard or Arcane + Mek build.

19. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Well-Known Member

Arcane into Lens + Raindrop is great. Buckler is also damn underrated as well.

If you are doing well, build Necro 1, then Shiva or Necro 3 (depends on situation). Crimson Guard might replace that Shiva if you are not doing well.

20. GeneralH

GeneralH Well-Known Member

i think i like pos 3/4/5 tranquils + soul ring + crimson guard. it basically says "fuck you right clickers, you do nothing now" situationally of course.