THE Underlord Thread

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by Urien, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Urien

Urien Well-Known Member

Cough it up boys. Skill builds, item builds, you name it. LET'S GET PROFESSIONAL!

2. teStud0

teStud0 Well-Known Member

This is mostly theorycrafting but I think he's best at position #4. There's no way he can go solo cuz hes mostly Magnus without mobility lane wise. Aura has a good value point @ lvl 1 where he can harass the offlane and he actually can jungle pretty well cuz of Aura + Firestorm.

Skill build is still 4/1/1 with aura being maxed last. Still have no idea on the items, maybe just tank up and/or utility then maybe get typical carry items as luxuries :ninja:

3. Kik0Matchi

Kik0Matchi Well-Known Member

Aura seems good. Max aura + any source of damage block is good. You will be fine in offlane.

4. jokinen

jokinen Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm thinking pos 4 too. I'd say value point in aura depends on are you zoning or not because extra lock down or dmg from PoM or Firestorm seems more useful than aura. You will be casting spells from distance and not right clicking too much and the dmg reduction doesn't seem as useful as what the other skills provide.

When it comes to items you need mana sustain so sr/arcanes is a must. After that I'd say utility items are the best like eul's, blink, mek, pipe, vlad's, glimmer, force, necro, etc

I feel like he could work well in pushing oriented lineups with beastmaster or/and drow. He is a good team fighter in the early game so initiating against a pushing team vs him seems to be risky and PoM is really good to keep distance between your opponents and your team mates. With beastmaster you have the synergy with hawk/boar and dark rift and with drow she can push a lane by just globally boosting the ranged creeps' attacks so after winning a fight dark rifting to push a lane could be really good.

Haven't played him yet (want to play with friends rather than with random pubs when piloting him) so this is all speculation.

5. Urien

Urien Well-Known Member

He combos really well with AoE spells like chronosphere, blackhole, vacuum, chain frost thanks to malice and firestorm.

Shiva's seems good on him because the slow synergizes with firestorm and malice well.

Do you think BF is worth it with aura? It gives him good sustain.

6. DoM

DoM Well-Known Member

BF + MoM every game

7. Kris

Kris Moderator

Midlane[nqb]PMS
    Bottle
    Phase
    Echo
    Optional OoV

Firestorm (Q): 2,3,5,7
    Pit (W): 4
    Atrophy Aura (E): 1,6,8,9
    Ult: 10,11[/nqb]

Offlane[nqb]PMS
    SR
    Arcane
    Greaves
    Crimson

Firestorm (Q): 2,3,5,7
    Pit (W): 4
    Atrophy Aura (E): 1
    Ult: 6[/nqb]

8. Hyperion1O1

Hyperion1O1 Well-Known Member

Jungle

Talon

1-E
    2-Q
    3-Q
    4-W
    5-Q

Kill the first camp quickly, stack the hard camp with Firestorm. Rinse and repeat. Ferry Clarity if needed

Gank at lvl 5, Tranqs SR Raindrop or Arcane. Alternatively, you can go for the Treads Armlet build if you feel like it.

Same shit with offlane if its contested, just kill the hard camp then go back to tower. If its 1v2, start still with E but pack some regen and Stout and trade hits. Get Bottle.

Good items would be Necro 3, Blink (for the Rift saves), or Mek.

Otherwise, you can start going for fast Vanguard then just use your body and Atrophy to tank hits vs Physical damage lineups.

9. minhogang

minhogang Well-Known Member

Is he actually good? IIRC his pit was around 3 sec at max level with 10 sec cooldown, but it got nerfed again and again..

10. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Well-Known Member

Back in WC3 he was quite decent with farm. Dunno, Pit Lord with Shiva, Necronomicon 3, Hex and stuffs were able to solo old OD.

Now, I don't know. He is a mix between physical DPSing and caster. I don't think that his farm priority should be lowered.

Yeah skill build should be 3/1/1 by 5. Firestorm just becomes an AoE Infernal Blade. Sh*t just got real, man. Pit of Malice is already a good zoning spell, now we have another strong one.

11. Kris

Kris Moderator

Crimson Guard didn't exist in WC3. That item coupled with Greaves is basically physical immunity.

You also get like +300 damage for winning a teamfight, which is why Echo is so nice on the midlane version.

12. Nicolas_Cage

Nicolas_Cage Well-Known Member

He's an offlaner. DO NOT PLAY HIM AS CARRY, DO NOT GET 4 BATTLEFURIES ON HIM, DO NOT GET 1 BATTLEFURY ON HIM. Play him like TideHunter, not Nature Prophet, not Sven.
    Ty.

13. Anti-Xenophobe

Anti-Xenophobe Well-Known Member

Jungled him, Aura at 1, max Firestorm and stack hard camp. Mostly bought team oriented items as he's shit for anything except farming and deathballs. Buy whatever you need I think, there's no real cookie cutter build. Itemwise probably most similar to Enigma
    Look at all the 2ks rushing Battlefury on him lol

14. stereox

stereox Well-Known Member

Offlaning seems good

15. KinGe

KinGe Well-Known Member

Tbh, he didn't change much from his old hero-centered expulsion. You deathball with him and focus on objectives (even his lore suggests people should play him very team-oriented).

As for skill build there are multiple ways to go for.
    If you're a roaming or a lane support you get level 1 pit first.
    If you're jungling you obviously level up the aura.
    If you're somehow mid, you get level 1 firestorm.
    Offlane: I think it doesn't matter but the priority of leveling would be aura if there're 2 supports babysitting their pos 1 so you can just go back to offlane jungle for quick level 2. Otherwise, you'd get firestorm to quickly get the creepwave while zoning out their weak safelane hero then proceed to pull the big camp to your next creep wave.

As for items, just don't get battlefury. Think of him as ET but a fatter and stronger one - an aura/team fighting deathball hero (he's also great at defending, too).

16. Hyperion1O1

Hyperion1O1 Well-Known Member

Preach. I actually feel you can just go for the fast Necro from the jungle and just pummel supports after coming out of jungle.

If you're going for the DPS route, its better to go Phase/Treads>Armlet>Saber>Abyssal>Shiva with a BKB somewhere in between there. Just pick him against stat based heroes if you're going for the Undercore.

17. GeneralH

GeneralH Well-Known Member

jungle is slow and shitty. offlane is great sometimes. his aura pushes the lane though. pos 5 works too. all he really seems to need is tranquils + soul ring or even an urn + necrobook. just some small mana item but bigger than arcanes. preferably there is some aoe disables on your team, and a lycan or beastmaster. if you want to expand further, i think team utility, armor, mobility, disable, even right click. whatever really. just dont be pos 1 or 2. maybe off is really for the best.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  18. Equivocal

Equivocal Well-Known Member

I tried him jungle in custom lobby and I am fairly sure that is not the place for him. Turns out reducing creep damage by 7 is not good enough to farm jungle, and +5 damage per creep is laughable when you get only 2-4 stacks from unstacked camps for only like 30 seconds.

Yeah, probably offlaner is the way to go. Too bad offlane = jungle nowdays.

19. effreit89

effreit89 Well-Known Member

he is played like Doom or UD or Slar in the offlane

get some last hits>get 1 point Pit>1 point Aura>get ~35 damage from passive

go Stout+Arcane+Drops+OoV+Lace and go ham.

then 2 points in Storm then max the friggin Aura. srsly

dude has large HP and has ~3 something armor with 305MS.. stop playin everyone as pos4.

He can do a lot of work as he is also decent with items and farms fast. He also has decent get-out-of-jail ulti dat is a non-channeling BoT, large base MS and a 2.5s root

Like UD and Doom also, he transitions to utility/aura whore meatshield with some right clicks. Every clash he gets like a Relic worth of damage

people who want to play spam at the edges of the screen better pick zeus and lina

Lategame its BoT>Atos>Echo>BM>Heart>Rad/Abyssal for him

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  20. HHHNNNGGG

HHHNNNGGG Well-Known Member

The hero is actually like Elder Titan with Necrolyte's playstyle.

His skillset is quite good with proper initiation, while he is excel at war of attrition. The more this big ass stays in fight, the more annoying he will become. Since the last cd buff on Pit and stronger damage in Firestorm, this is emphasized more. That's why I suggest building stuffs like Shiva and Necronomicon. You might want to add an Assault Cuirass if you have room to farm or your team doesn't have one, though I don't recommend such expensive item. Crimson Guard works better than Cuirass, though, as this item is more efficient in blocking low damage reduced by your aura. Pipe is also a decent item since it allows you (and your team) to survive longer.

Necronomicon + Smoke is also fking broken for ninja ganking.

In ultra late game, build RFO+OC in your stash :cat: