The rise of Na'Vi

Discussion in 'Competitive Chat' started by VittuLima, Jan 11, 2015.

1. r0xo

r0xo Well-Known Member

Always wonder about teams that disband or just change after doing so well. You would expect that being able to win/2nd at TI means that you actually like each other and have good chemistry. I want to know the reasons man. But I heard something that it might be that Resolut1on has Visa stuff? That would be a real shame, Visa shit screwing someone for no reason who has shown that he actually works and hey, brings money to the US.

Man I hate the OG changes, and even though I am not w33 fan I would be very happy if they did that since those two have been doing so well.

2. GoD_Tyr

GoD_Tyr Well-Known Member

3. Nicolas_Cage

Nicolas_Cage Well-Known Member

DC is an American team but most of it's players are European. In this case of disband (if it happens) then it's because the players feel homesick.
    Moon, Miracle- and Cr1t are out of OG, so it'd be a good chance that Misery and W33 can replace them.

4. r0xo

r0xo Well-Known Member

Yeah that makes sense but then I would kind of think they just move to EU and stay together. But we will never know all the reasons behind the scenes.

5. JJE92

JJE92 Moderator

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  6. RandomFlamer

RandomFlamer Well-Known Member

Thats weird. I don't see how this team can improve, they literally play the same dota every game.

7. SpiritBaker

SpiritBaker Well-Known Member

Trust in the frog. Surprise Na"Vi meta is just behind the corner.

8. justsightseeing

justsightseeing Well-Known Member

lord gaben will save navi until dondo resignation

9. r0xo

r0xo Well-Known Member

I saw a post TI6 video by PPD where he said they learned a bunch of ideas from the Na'Vi style at Starladder which they used to great success. Man I would be sad if that happened to my team.

I don't really think Na'Vi underperformed that much. I mean compare them to some other teams. But maybe that is because I didn't expect anything better than top 8 at best.

10. Blarrg

Blarrg Well-Known Member

I mean you didn't need a video for that, it was very loud and clear with how they picked at TI. Way more wisp, some chen, and a lot more lane domination/teamfight with void and mirana.

Regardless, this goes onto my point of teams that can quickly adapt to patches can look strong and just win games off draft.

Liquid is a good example. Not a very strong team overall but patches coming out right before tournaments (which happened often with majors) benefited them greatly. While slower to adapt teams like EG need to take several weeks or some tournament losses to gain traction on the meta.

This is why it was obvious that NaVi were going to fall flat on their face at TI. You can't just pick the same stuff every game and expect to win forever. EG wasn't the only team that picked up what they did at Starladder, all it took for the others was a realization and some practice and they easily outperformed NaVi.

11. SpiritBaker

SpiritBaker Well-Known Member

Na Vi disbanded and the thread s not even bumped?

12. JJE92

JJE92 Moderator

Why do you think they disbanded?!? They've even announced that they're going to keep the exact same roster.

13. silvercover

silvercover Moderator

are you thinking of some other team?