The rise of Na'Vi

Discussion in 'Competitive Chat' started by VittuLima, Jan 11, 2015.

1. SpiritBaker

SpiritBaker Well-Known Member

Just dropping here to remind you that the current NaVi has literally 1 player in common with the classic NaVi.

2. PageDownInsert

PageDownInsert Active Member

Actually 2 players.

(Artstyle)

3. VittuLima

VittuLima Well-Known Member

Indeed. Dendi and Artstyle were part of the original TI winning Na'Vi. It baffles me how many ppl always forget that Artstyle was part of the original legendary Na'Vi line up.

4. r0xo

r0xo Well-Known Member

To be fair it was more TI1 - TI3 and they were even top tier for a part of the year between TI3 and TI4. And top 8 at TI4... OK that isn't legendary but anyone saying that is bad is a moron. It is bad for a former tier one team but its still a very respectable (admirable) achievement.

5. SpiritBaker

SpiritBaker Well-Known Member

My Classic NaVi has Kuroky instead.

6. Jolk

Jolk Well-Known Member

Most dont even know that he was the captain and not puppey

7. mrfokker

mrfokker Well-Known Member

Most people just don't care cos TI1 was a joke.

8. henpara

henpara Well-Known Member

I wouldnt call it a joke but the competition surely rose by a big margin since then!!

9. r0xo

r0xo Well-Known Member

I don't think you can blame most for not knowing though. He played one Dota 2 tournament. Its five years later and the amount of viewers exploded so of course they didn't follow back then. Not everyone watched TI1 even though they didn't play Dota. Weird now that I think back on it, I really enjoyed it even though I didn't know much other than my hon knowledge.

I mean I am the type of person who goes and reads up about the history of stuff like TI because I am a fan but sadly most people aren't like that.

10. VittuLima

The legendary Natus Vincere is back to winning premier tournaments and dominating the competitive scene.

[youtube]psJpUPfAJDY[/youtube]

The best Invoker player in the world in action.

[youtube]OtBZXWEU2AU[/youtube]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  11. Mr. BoB

Mr. BoB Well-Known Member

Nah.

12. henpara

henpara Well-Known Member

VittuLima - a true fan, sometimes blind, but always strengthen his team´s back!

Navi is for sure strong right now, but i think getting TOP6 will be really really hard for them!

13. Sarvik

Sarvik Well-Known Member

Vittulima is a textbook example of annoying fanboy. He posts exactly same "Navi is top team!" all the time, regardless if Navi is actually doing good or is in deep slump at that time.

14. Mr. BoB

Both of you are right, I'm confused.

15. justsightseeing

justsightseeing Well-Known Member

wow, now im interested in vittulima opinion on what iteration of navi that he considered worst.. and why.

16. VittuLima

The rise of Na'Vi in 2016 has been beyond human comprehension. Literally godlike. In 6 months Na'Vi rise from 39th place to 5th place in Gosugamers team world rankings. This is probably the biggest comeback for any team ever in the history of Dota.

Behold the legendary Natus Vincere making this incredible journey to TI6 trough sweat and tears from tier3 team to TOP5 in the world.
    [Youtube]iSewAnNyWxs[/Youtube]

17. Mr. BoB

Man your weird obsession creeps me the fuck out.

18. fireblaze762

fireblaze762 Well-Known Member

I mean hasn't Wings jumped from like 40+ to like 3 in a shorter period of time?

Like literally no one had any idea who they were, then they beat secret in WCA, proceeded to crush ESL manila and then the Summit 5, as well as qualifiying for TI6 given the ridiculous competition in the Chinese qualifiers.

Players like innocence and faith_bian who were complete nobodies a few months ago are now viewed as some of the best players in the world.

Navi have done really well and should be commended, but its really not some ridiculous rise to success.

19. r0xo

r0xo Well-Known Member

Same for Liquid (to an extent) and OG...

OG formed right after TI5 and got to best team in the world in a few months. Granted not long time best but comparable to Na'Vi standard. You can even put the original Newbee in there.

Should be commended for sure, it is really impressive cause they were nowhere.

20. VittuLima

All the teams u are talking about didn't make a comeback. They emerged. I was talking about comeback.