The rise of Liquid

Discussion in 'Competitive Chat' started by VittuLima, Jan 9, 2016.

1. iLag

iLag Well-Known Member

Liquids cores are gnerally good just choked here dude espec matumbaman and data is consistent. And actually in most of liquids games mind control is the one making big plays

the thing is no team is really that good I agree with you. To me EG are really the only truely good team all other teams are lacking in some department except maybe OG but even then Notail is an average pro carry.

Eg have :
    - Best drafter/strategist and captain by far in the scene atm.
    - Team that listens to him without question and works together.
    - PPD is constantlly thinking of new ways to counter stuff and the next unbeatable thing. I remember during Ti4 era I really hated EG because they own so methodically and easily in the same uniform pattern often with a jungle enigma.
    - GREAT core players, arguably the best in their positions or at least tied for it, if not that in the western scene.
    - Playmaker like Universe.
    - Consistent players, some of EG's players are inconsistent but Universe imo never is and same with Fear.

They clown around sometimes is all like the game vs Alliance which they should've won that was a Bo1.

The only type of team that could match this imo is an Xiao8 team, he is the only one that can rival PPD atm. Puppey may have strategys but imo his drafts have often lost games recently and he isnt that good of a drafter anymore.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  2. silvercover

silvercover Moderator

I think liquid's still fairly strong, they did beat out the other teams in the group stages.

starladder is lacking tier 1 teams though, ehome, VG and OG had to withdraw from it.

3. iLag

iLag Well-Known Member

VP also finished in group stage but I doubt they wont get top 6 in Shangai

4. VittuLima

VittuLima Well-Known Member

Well that should settle once and for all, who deserved the Shanghai Major invite. 2EZ4LIQUID. Easy rape from Liquid against Tr[A]shliance =)

5. JJE92

JJE92 Moderator

This was honestly one of the best series I've watched for quite a while, really good and intense games. Liquid has really done their homework against Alliance, great drafts.

6. RisaStoleMyHart

RisaStoleMyHart Well-Known Member

Liquid game 2 reminds of my nightmare pub games, where you rape early game with push strat. Then proceed to Rax really early. You try again for another rax but lose team fight and feed. Then it just slowly goes downhill from there.

7. IHateLeavers

IHateLeavers Well-Known Member

This thread could make sense if they would've won the Major, but so far they barely won bo3 against Alliance and mostly due to better picks and item choices. Like in game 3 where Naga went for Octarine vs AM, Puck went Linkens while there's NP in enemy team and Bara went Lothar against Bala ags+gem, lol.

Also most other teams usually dont give the Liquid Invoker, because Fata doesnt do so well on other heroes.

8. RandomFlamer

RandomFlamer Well-Known Member

They slammed Alliance really hard in 2 out of 3 games and exposed how weak A actually are when Bulldog aint got his farming pets. They did great.

9. IHateLeavers

Not really. It's kinda hard to farm as BM when there's Bala, Furion and Invoker with Sunstrike waiting for ez kills.

10. grit1

grit1 Well-Known Member

Doing alright in Shanghai
    Did absolutely awful before hand

A good top ten team, but I'll never bet on them again after what they did to my wallet previously.

11. VittuLima

VittuLima Well-Known Member

They are confirmed at least top6 already. They stomped n[A]bs hard in games 1 and 3 and threw the game 2 because they were so nervous like Kuroky said in the interview. That isn't such big accomplishment though because A is kinda trash team. But they might get rid of their choking problems due to this win. Which is really important since now the real games begin against tier1 teams.

12. henpara

henpara Well-Known Member

Hmm you seem to have a strange understanding of the word barely. The games 1 and 3 werent even close, game 2 was close.

13. IHateLeavers

It's not only about games being close but whole lineup and item choices.

14. henpara

henpara Well-Known Member

Could you give me a bit more details? I mean i always had the feeling that [A] and liquid were not so far away from each other skillwise. Early liquid owned [A], then [A]started owning liquid and now liquid was ahead maybe because they just prepared better for their ennemy.

15. Mognakor

Mognakor Well-Known Member

Item choices are part of the game.

Thats just indirectly saying they won because they played better.

16. IHateLeavers

I meant that if you want to see full image you need to take in to consideration impact of surprising last pick in the draft, potential of early-mid-late game between teams, snowballing, random factors like rune spawn.

Item choices are also very important but these choices are not permanent, so if they would play against with the same lineup, there's very high chance they would've buy different items.

That's why we shouldn't look at BO3 only but on the average performance in whole event. This is why i said that at this point it's way too early to talk about any rising or falling.

The way i see the 3rd game is that [A] was confident after game 2 and just wanted to do their own draft and bans around it, rather then focus on targeting specific players with hero bans. This is why they gave so many good heroes away. We will probably not see this happening much more in the future, because they closer the finals, teams will try to avoid risky strats.

17. RandomFlamer

Now that VP got crushed I am pretty sure Liquid will take their place as an EU invite. At least for the next major if not for TI6.

18. JJE92

JJE92 Moderator

Well if Valve keeps the same invitation format, then all top 6 will be invited, so EG, Secret, MVP and Liquid have basically guaranteed their invite for Manila Major.

Not only that, if Valve keeps their invitation format for the next Major, then at most 2 Chinese teams will be directly invited. No Chinese teams in the top 6, so with 8 direct invitation spots, there will be only 2 more spots that could be filled with Chinese teams. I mean 1 Chinese team is definitely going to fill that, but it's uncertain if it will be 2. This means only 3-4 Chinese teams are going to be at the Manila Major.

19. RandomFlamer

Reducing the direct chinese invites to 2(with 2 qualifier spots) seems fair. This one spot they lost can be given to MVP for the next major.

The tricky part is deciding which chinese teams will be invited. How many premier tournaments until the next major?

20. RandomFlamer

Ok how do I bump this when the last post is mine.