The old imba DotA hero

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by icebreaker1317, Oct 1, 2009.

1. icebreaker1317

icebreaker1317 Well-Known Member

For those people who play DotA a very long time ago:

Do you remember the super imba hero that was present during the Allstars v4.x? He was the Dark Terminator, the only hero that has chaos attack type and can be only accessed through -random/-repick command? He's not in any Tavern. So here's my question... Do you want IceFrog to nerf him and return to the present DotA updates?
  2. HappyCat

HappyCat Well-Known Member

How can you balance this? Anyway the closest I can think of is Naga Siren
  3. Swiftkick

Swiftkick Well-Known Member

That's just plain crazy.
  4. The Observer

The Observer Banned

He can't be nerfed.
  5. `Skey

`Skey Well-Known Member

Too imba skills. -_-
    I suggest returning the hero with new skills.
  6. Elle'

Elle' Banned

Lets see:
    Chaos knight+ leoric+clinkz+panda how do you balance that?
  7. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

well i prefer to make heroes like this not just one hero like in mortal kombat he is like motaro. . iprefer to have ABnormal heroes like him. . about 5 of them. . in getting it on -random not on repick(it sucks).^_^
  8. Ravs

Ravs Well-Known Member

I want Void Demon back :D

Xxx has picked Void Demon.

Sentinel has left the game!
    GG :D
  9. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Well-Known Member

he had the marine model right? scrap the skills and bring on the model, u can even name him the dark terminator if u want.
  10. Go_me

Go_me Well-Known Member

All of his skills are boring and generic skills anyway. If they plan to bring him back they need new skills.
  11. JaCKaSS_69

JaCKaSS_69 Well-Known Member

Btw, iirc he had 700 starting range.

anyway, he could be perfectly balanced but would also have unoriginal skills (considering we balanced those).
  12. doomsheep

doomsheep Well-Known Member

i think the marine model fails. it doesnt fit the map or even look good.
  13. icebreaker1317

Yes... Changing the attack type to hero type from chaos and changing the skills is great. Just like what icefrog did on batrider. He changed the skills and return it to the tavern.
  14. icebreaker1317

As you can see, Void Demon was considered as DotA's failures, just like Astral Trekker and many others.
  15. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

same rant when clockwerk was first introduced
  16. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

Was this Void Demon like the roc one? A slow, a stop, evade and Void (global stun)?
  17. ArcheKleine

ArcheKleine Well-Known Member

Mmmm ur thinking of faceless's old self.

Void Demon was Haste Aura, Degen Aura, Tremors (hurt towers), and I think a skill similar to void (NS). Pretty much the moment you saw the Haste Aura on his ally creeps, you knew you were screwed. There was no getting away.
  18. DoomSlayers

DoomSlayers Well-Known Member

The most powerful hero WAS the gambler! Why? He could one shot Roshan AT level 1! 1% to kill him one shot. Now that's OP. No one comes near to that :p
  19. splatastic

splatastic Well-Known Member

I think the idea of a fun hero which can only be accessed through repicking or randoming is great, it doesn't negatively affect the competitive scene yet still provides a refreshing change when you get him.
    However it shouldn't be that hero, rather a different and interesting hero which is only slightly better than the others.
  20. EternityPala

EternityPala Well-Known Member

Add Sniper into that combination, and it's balanced.