the most complex spell

Discussion in 'Advanced Mechanics' started by TheTruthCelt, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTruthCelt

TheTruthCelt Well-Known Member

I am asking what is the most complex spell in dota. By that i mean which one tooked the most effort to be completed.
    If similar post exist just give the link.
  2. LtTuvok

LtTuvok Well-Known Member

Huh? I dont get it.
  3. MauranKilom

MauranKilom Well-Known Member

Define "complex".
    Most lines of code? That's something we could investigate. Although it's probably something which uses a lot of different abilities or saves a lot of stuff to hashtables.

Took Icefrog the longest to make? How should we know that?

Is the most difficult to create? Depends on your knowledge.

Since you tried to use two forms of past tense for "take" in conjunction with effort, i assume you mean the second option. Incase this is true, you'll have to contact icefrog himself. We can't tell you how hard he worked for which spell.
  4. Steric

Steric Well-Known Member

Divided We Stand easily wins. Having to code the experience distribution, levelling up the spells, making ALL the meepos respawn properly, making all the meepos die at once, making clones gain 25% of all the main hero's attributes from items, making clones gain boots.

I've never actually looked at the code, but I've heard it's over 500 lines long.
  5. 5chneemensch

5chneemensch Well-Known Member

Divided We Stand

Whole Spectre was a bitch to code (I heard) since every single ability is triggered
  6. MauranKilom

MauranKilom Well-Known Member

^That goes for a fifth of all heroes i guess...
    Especially the newer heroes.
  7. EebstertheGreat

EebstertheGreat Forum Manager

Invoker would clearly beat Spectre in terms of coding time, considering he has 14 abilities.
  8. Sable

Sable Active Member

Spell Steal and Ice Blast must be rather long. Dark Pact also lists nearly all known buffs, in case that counts.
  9. TheTruthCelt

TheTruthCelt Well-Known Member

Well i am asking that couse i know this guy (map maker) who told me 1 time that he had been making 1 spell for 6 to 8 hours while he made another one in 10 min.
    So yea i am aiming for sum of effort, hardwork, resolving bug problem etc. That would be the most complex spell.
  10. SoletLuna

SoletLuna Moderator

Those things can only be speculated on, unless you get a hold on Icefrog, as it's more of a personal matter of complexity.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.