[Geomancer] The Era Of Division And Ownage!

Discussion in 'Published Guides' started by Xstorm999, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Xstorm999

Xstorm999 Well-Known Member

NOTE: Please do not vote my guide 1 just so you can lower my rating and get a higher rating on your guide, haters.

NOTEx2: Updates INCOMING!

The Era Of Divison And Ownage!
    Learn the ways of the geomancer.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Meepo The Geomancer

For those alt-tabbers, you just want to know what to do.
    SKILL BUILD:
    1. Earthbind 1
    2. Poof 1
    3. Poof 2
    4. Earthbind 2
    5. Poof 3
    6. Divided We Stand 1
    7. Poof 4 (Poof Maxed)
    8. Earthbind 3
    9. Earthbind 4 (Earthbind Maxed)
    10. Geostrike 1
    11. Divided We Stand 2
    12. Geostrike 2
    13. Geostrike 3
    14. Geostrike 4 (Geostrike Maxed)
    15. Stats
    16. Divided We Stand 3 ( Divided We Stand Maxed)
    17 - 25. Stats

STARTING ITEMS:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

THE AWESOME CORE:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Power Treads give you nice stats and are good on Meepo. Mekansm helps you keep up your HP during fights and Urn because you can individually heal your other Meepos with it.

-Once you have hit Level 6, start sending one meepo to pull the creeps or stack neutrals or leech experience from another lane.Your purpose is to outlevel, farm will follow itself.
    -If you can't get creeps then just hand around for the experience as gold is never a problem for Meepo.
    -Don't get lazy when you overlevel because when you lose concentration, it is more likely for 1 of your Meepos to die.
    -If a meepo is low-hp(usually the main meepo) send it to base to get healed and get items instead of sending both of them to fountain and ultilize the free time on the 2nd Meepo to stack creeps, neutrals e.t.c.Make sure you get every ounce of experience possible.
    -If you are sending a meepo home and he is near the jungle and you think you can stack a camp on the way, then by all means do so, so you can comeback later to snack on them.
    -In team-fights, instead of panicking when you see a red-meepo and fail to select it in the chaos, simply check the Heroe list on your left side, check the red-hp meepo, and press his relevant hotkey to save him. You can even throw a net as soon as you select him so any chasers you are unaware of are stuck and you become aware of them.
    -In dagger-poofing,first poof all Meepos to your main Meepo then dagger in and net, allowing you to net easily and giving you the element of suprise. If you can poof all Meepos very fast, you can even make it look like they all poofed together. Watch that chinese Meepo for it.
    -If someone ganks you, keep a cool head and be like:
    "Oh, look I am getting ganked, YAY" because a positive attitude arouses an optimistic approach towards the situation.You have 3 choices:

- Fight
    - Tp or retreat a meepo back while keeping the enemies at bay by nets and then poofing all Meepos to retreated Meepo.
    - Retreat all Meepos together, throwing nets behind yourself till you feel safe.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

[goanchor=I] I. Foreword [/goanchor]
    [goanchor=II] II. Introduction [/goanchor]
    [goanchor=III] III. Roles And Playstyles [/goanchor]
    [goanchor=IV] IV. Skills And Skill Build [/goanchor]
    [goanchor=V] V. Items And Item Build [/goanchor]
    [goanchor=VI] VI. Gameplay [/goanchor]
    [goanchor=VII] VII. Micromanagement [/goanchor]
    [goanchor=VIII] VIII. Proper Usage Of Skills And Items [/goanchor]
    • Executing Earthbind
    • The Poof-Power
    • Ganks
    [goanchor=IX] IX. The Good,The Bad And The Worse [/goanchor]
    [goanchor=X] X. Replays [/goanchor]
    [goanchor=XI] XI. Videos And Tips! [/goanchor]

[anchor=I. Foreword] I [/anchor]
    Meepo is perhaps the most fun to play hero in DoTA. His skills allow him to play in a flexible manner meaning that his skills can be used in different ways both offensive and defensive. I am writing this guide to highlight some very important things about meepo. There are plenty of guides on meepo, all of them better than another but I am this guide for both who are new to meepo or even pros who need some help for improvement.

Here is a little example to what Meepo can do:

MEEPO 1 v 5

[anchor=II. Introduction] II [/anchor]
    In the right hands, Meepo is a deadly weapon, with the potential to take on multiple enemies at the same time. He has the capabilities to slow his enemies to a crawl, to permanently stop an enemy from moving, and teleport across the entire map in a Poof! His main strength, and greatest weakness, is his ability to divide himself into 4 identical clones, each possessing his full skill-set, and a copy of his shoes. Geomancer players must take care, however, as the death of one clone means the death of all - Divided They Stand, but United They Fall! Meepo's strength can not be compared to any other hero. He is unique in his own ways. He is like ALL FOR ONE, ONE FOR ALL and so you should use your meepo to save other meepos. We shall call this M.O.T Meepo Ownage Team.

[anchor=III. Roles And Playstyles] III [/anchor]

[nqb]

GANKER [IIIIIIIII ]
    CARRY [IIIIIIIIII]
    TANKER [IIIIIIIII ]
    INITIATOR [IIIIIIIII ]

[/nqb]
    As we see from this made-up chart, Meepo can play many roles. He is a strong carry, nice survivability, strong initiation and very good ganking. He is a killer like Pudge for most of the time or else a ganker like Vengeful Spirit before level 6.

[anchor=IV. Skills And Skill Build] IV [/anchor]

If you want skill details you can go here, DoTA - Meepo

[nqb]
    [tab]Earthbind|Usage
    [​IMG]
    Rains earthen spikes across a target area, pinning down all enemy units.

Notes

• Prevents enemies from using blink skills.
    • Does not hit invisible units, but ensnared units won't be able to become invisible.
    • Interrupts channeling spells if the target isn't affected by this ability already.
    • Does not work on magic immune units.
    • Does not work on Roshan.

A very strong and useful spell which you can use to keep several enemies in one place. Move on to the usage section for detailed info.|
    {|}Earthbind has lots of cool uses. Here are some of these. You can go into Proper Usage Of Skills And Items to learn proper aiming of the net.

Early Game, Lets Harrass!
    [​IMG]
    So here Gyro come near my tower and so I net him in hopes that my creeps and tower aggro would switch to him. Try to always net a hero near your towers. Sometimes, you can even get a kill.

Don't Let That Hero Escape!
    [​IMG]
    We just had a team-fight and their rexxar unfortunately survived. He considers his chances and trys to retreat.

[​IMG]
    He trys to run, but fortunately, I get my net on him, and then, well, you can imagine what happens in a 3v1 situation.

Stop That Guy From Chasing Me!
    [[​IMG]
    I just killed his ally Ursa and he wants revenge. Lets see how he does.

[​IMG]
    I micro my red hp meepo and move him to a safer spot.

[​IMG]
    He realizes he made a wrong move by chasing my Meepo, but its too late. I get my net on him.
    [/tab]
    [/nqb]

[nqb]
    [tab]Poof|Usage
    [​IMG]
    Drawing mystical energies from the earth, Meepo can teleport to another Geomancer, leaving destruction in his wake. After channeling for 1.5 seconds, Meepo instantly teleports to nearest target Geomancer, dealing damage in 375 AOE in the departure and arrival locations.

Notes

• Damage type: magical
    • When targeted, Meepo will teleport to the Meepo closest to the target point (can be the same Meepo as casts it).
    • If Meepo teleports to himself, both departure and arrival damage will be dealt in the same area.
    • Can teleport to illusions.

One of the best spells a hero could have. This looks pretty weak to you, but you don't know its awesome potential. Combined with a BoT, Meepo can have such high mobility like Tinker.
    {|}Here are some uses of poof.

Early Game, Lets Harrass!

Shit, That Guy Is Faster Than Me. How Do I Kill Him?

Shit. Getting Chased. How Do I Escape?
    [/tab]
    [/nqb]

[nqb]
    [tab]Geostrike|Usage
    [​IMG]
    The Geomancer enchants his weapon with the essence of the earth, crushing the life from his enemies and numbing their legs. Slows target movement speed and deals damage per second.

Notes

• Damage type: magical
    • Does not stack with buff placers.
    • Geostrike's slow of every Meepo stacks directly.

An amazing slow with such a good lot of uses. This literally makes your enemies crawl. Stops them in their tracks,but beware that it lasts for 2 seconds but it does stack for each meepo.

{|}Geostrike is very strong and useful. It has a very good use.
    Shit. LOW HP MEEPO ALERT. How Do I Escape?
    [​IMG]
    In 1st picture, barathrum attacks low hp meepo but you can see the power of slow how the low-hp meepo moves back and start attacking again eventhough bara only moved a little.
    [/tab]
    [/nqb]

[nqb]
    [tab]Divided We Stand|Usage
    [​IMG]
    Meepo summons an imperfect, semi-autonomous duplicate of himself, which can gain gold and experience as he does and shares his experience and abilities. However, the clones cannot wield any items but the boots that Meepo himself wears. If any of the clones die, they all die.

Notes

• The only item that transfers to the clones is one pair of boots (any type).
    • Meepo clones cannot use the active ability of Arcane Boots.
    • Meepo clones gain 30% (100% if you have Aghanim's Scepter) of any extra attributes the primary Meepo has.
    • Can be upgraded by Aghanim's Scepter (* shows the improved values). Note that the Scepter is undroppable once acquired.
    • Even if you didn't skill this ability, picking up Aghanim's Scepter will still provide you with an extra clone.

And perhaps the best ultimate in the whole game. Your copies but not illusions. They can use spells just like you, and every clone increases your overall DPS (poof and attacks) by 150%.

{|}Your clones are your source of power and they are the main thing about meepo.

Meepo Teamwork!
    Check the MeePwns 1 v 5 or else niuwa's (the best meepo player) Meepo video.
    [/tab]
    [/nqb]

SKILL BUILD:
    1. Earthbind 1
    2. Poof 1
    3. Poof 2
    4. Earthbind 2
    5. Poof 3
    6. Divided We Stand 1
    7. Poof 4 (Poof Maxed)
    8. Earthbind 3
    9. Earthbind 4 (Earthbind Maxed)
    10. Geostrike 1
    11. Divided We Stand 2
    12. Geostrike 2
    13. Geostrike 3
    14. Geostrike 4 (Geostrike Maxed)
    15. Stats
    16. Divided We Stand 3 ( Divided We Stand Maxed)
    17 - 25. Stats

JUSTIFICATION:
    Poof is maxed first because it turns you into a killer. You might think that Poof is a weak skill but once you try it, you will understand why its important to max it first. Earthbind is maxed and then Geostrike. Its because you need that slow fast as you reach level 11 meaning, more copies is more slow and more kills.Ultimate is taken whenever available. It increases your experience and gold.

FUN FACT:Once you get a clone, even if you leave the game you will be at the top because you are getting experience combined from 2 heroes actually.

[anchor=V. Items And Item Build] V [/anchor]

STARTING ITEMS:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

THE AWESOME CORE:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Power Treads give you nice stats and are good on Meepo. Mekansm helps you keep up your HP during fights and Urn because you can individually heal your other Meepos with it.

[nqb]
    The Much Anticipated Boots Argument!

[​IMG]

[tab] [​IMG]| [​IMG] | [​IMG] | [​IMG]
    Power Treads are my favourite boots on Meepo. They give him all he needs. Attack Speed, some more HP. Most of the time I first get Boots, then Belt Of Giant Strength and then the Gloves because I like getting that extra HP first.
    {|}Phase Boots are not something good on Meepo but hey, its a choice. All your Meepo gain the Phase Ability so you need some fast hands to pull them off with warkeys maybe. I think Janggo is a better replacement for this.
    {|}Arcane are like IMAO. Only in pubs maybe someone would do this. Its not a bad idea but you are a DPS and your strong casting abilities do not present mana problems.
    {|}Boots Of Travels are perhaps the most amazing boots ever. They give you such high mobility like tinker and allow you to farm lanes super fast. They make you omni present on the map. You use one travels, poof others and then use another travels and poof back and in this way your cooldown will keep finishing giving you almost 0 cooldown.
    [/tab]

So all in all my choices would be BoT and Treads. BoT for late-game and Treads for mid and early when you need those stats.
    [/nqb]

SITUATIONAL ITEMS:

[​IMG]
    Those spell casters coming down hard on you? Go Pipe and watch how your survivability increases drastically against nukers.

When to use Pipe:
    1. When you enter a team-fight.
    2. When you are going to kill someone in a 2v1 situation.

When not to use Pipe:
    1. When you are farming and someone asks you to use pipe so they can gank.

[​IMG]
    Heart is a personal favourite item for me on Meepo. Whenever, the game goes late I sum up my money to buy a heart. It gives nice regeneration and Hardcore HP.

[​IMG]
    Vladmirs is a nice item. It allows you to jungle indefinitely and roshan at level 11. It is pretty good.

[​IMG]
    Euls is actually a pretty decent item on Meepo. It helps you save another meepo or prepare a gank. It can replace dagger for you too. Cyclone, get close, net and massive poofing.

[​IMG]
    You need a lot of practice to master dagger. You dagger a meepo, net the enemy and poof in other meepos then ownage. Move along to the usage section to learn the dagger.

[​IMG]
    Janggo gives all your Meepos a boost in AS and MS. It is a good item for gankers and chasers like yourself. Though let your support carry it for you so you can put the extra slot to good use. Not bad but be careful with the charges.

REJECTED ITEMS:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    You already have an orb. Why buy more useless ones?

[​IMG]
    For God's Sake, you are not a caster. Let some other high mana regen needing hero make it but not you.

[​IMG]
    Basher at first looks like a good item, but it is not. I have tried this and you are basically wasting your cash on this.

[​IMG]
    Oh great. You are a melee carry so that means you need a battlefury. NO. Your DPS comes from your clones. Be more of a Meepo Team Dude and get a nice benifitting aura.

LUXURY ITEMS:
    [​IMG]
    Since now your clones get 100% stats from the original with aghanim, you can become a tankster(tank-monster). Definitely the first item after mechanism and dagger.

[​IMG]
    Assault Cuirass is one heck of a good item for meepo. It increases your DPS and gives you hardcore survivability against DPS too.

[​IMG]
    Manta is not seen on Meepo alot but it is a great item. It helps you play mind-games since you can poof to illusions. A great way to use Manta is in ganking. People send their illusions to stand at the escape spots and the poof to them to chase the target.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Who doesn't like owning some sheeps? Disables are always a good choice on Meepo.

[​IMG]
    The Ultimate-Weapon for any agility hero, and Meepo is no exception.

[anchor=VI. Gameplay] VI [/anchor]
    So you know what to do, now learn how to do it.

EARLY GAME:
    Early game. Take your items and choose your lane. Try to get the mid solo. A solo Meepo has a lot of benefits. He turns into an extremely fast farmer and can end the game at the 25th minute mark.If you don't get solo then take the bottom for sentinel or top for scourge. In lane, use Earthbind and Poof to harass and control the lane. If you can't get any last-hits don't worry. Just suck up the experience. Farming is never a problem for meepo. If your lane partner has a stun or slow, you can even get kills. You net, get upclose, use poof and he stuns and then you both auto-atttack same goes for slowers. If someone comes to gank you, first realize the situation. You are level 6 and that guy is very squishy then that means you can easily get a kill. If you do not have your clone and then someone comes to gank you then simply net-and-run.

STRATEGY 1:Realize the Situation. Control the lane.

You should try to get some wards around areas that can get you most vision. Here is a small extract from [Warding]The Eye of The Wolf - DotA Guides

[​IMG]
    This is a very useful place to have a ward. You can see when someone comes to gank you and you can net them before they realize that you knew they were there.

[​IMG]
    A very good place to have a ward. Gives you a behind the scene and vision.

You might also want to gank a bit. So let me guide you on how to gank. A key point many miss is that they first come in and then net. This is not the proper way. It gives them time to react. You should first net and then initiate.

STRATEGY 2:GANK OCCASIONALY.

MID GAME:
    Mid Game is your era of rice farm ownage. You now use the secret ninja technique that I use to level up ultra fast. In this technique, you split up your Meepos. For example, if you have 3 Meepo, you can send 2 to jungle and one to lane. Let them auto-attack. Check one of my replays for this. You should get Vladmirs, Power Treads and Mekansm by 15 mins. Its my usual timing for these items. Not much to say here. Beyond 20 mins, your late-game starts.

STRATEGY 1:GIVE EACH MEEPO A SEPERATE LANE AND FARM.

LATE GAME:
    So you got a heart or two, Travels , Mekansm, Vladmirs, Assault e.t.c. Now you must focus on pushing. If your team is losing then I suggest you take a look here to help you get the push info you need.

Turning The Tide of Battle! - DotA Guides

So you probably need some advice in team fights. In team-fights, first of all, DON'T RUN IN LIKE A SHIT-HEAD IMA PAWN U NOOBand get hit by those shit-head blink-ultimate heroes. Keep your distance and help with your nets. For example, you see a Sand King channeling his ultimate, net him. It will cancel his net or perhaps end a Black Hole by Enigma. For pushing, try to read the graph of the map.Take a look here.

[​IMG]
    Try to make this a curve towards the enemy side.Like this.

-------------
    -------------
    -------------
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

This means that all lanes have been pushed towards the enemy side.

STRATEGY 1:PUSH FAST.WIN TEAMFIGHTS. DON'T FARM.

[anchor=VII. Micromanagement] VII [/anchor]
    Micromanagement is not that hard actually, its actually fun. The key to fast Meepo Micromanagement is the TAB key. First of all, group all your Meepo together. I usually bind them to 2 since 1 is occupied by courier sometimes. When you want to net and poof all Meepo you would do:

TAB -- E -- F -- TAB -- E -- F -- TAB -- E -- F -- TAB -- E -- F -- TAB -- E -- F -- TAB -- E -- F according to the number of Meepo.

One thing people have problem with is keeping an eye on each Meepo in the chaos of a team battle. One wrong move and you die. An easy technique I have discovered, is to look at the HP of the Meepos on the left-hand side, check who has below half-hp, and send them some way back. Many will chase the red-one which gives your team an advantage, since the other team is distracted they have an opening to attack. If you want to completely run away then take a low-hp meepo back some way, if he gets chased use the other Meepo to net the enemy and then poof all of them to the red-hp Meepo, meaning you have got away. It is very important to keep a TP with you as you might have seen in many videos many people teleport one meepo back to base, then poof the others back too.

NOTE: Tab switches over to the next unit in the group. Sorry about forgetting that.

[nqb]
    Subgroup order modified key in the options menu should be turned on. But if you do this it allows, you to have all of them mass selected, and by using crtl only the highlighted meepo will respond to the actions you force him to take.
    Lycan
    [/nqb]
    This is quoted by Lycan, the mod dude. It means that if you activate this, and you have a group of units, If you press CTRL while giving them commands, only the one selected in the group will do it and not the rest.

[anchor=VIII. Proper Usage Of Skills And Items] VIII [/anchor]

Executing Earthbind

To aim Earthbind properly, you must know where the enemy will be when you throw the net. Kind of like Pudge's hook and Mirana's arrow. You can even catch invisible units with it because if a unit turns invisible and you net it, it becomes visible. Heres how to throw your net.

[​IMG]

This is the max range of Earthbind.
    [​IMG]

A good use of net. I use it to stop venge from chasing me and killing me, luckily, my ally huskar comes and she, hungering for a kill tends to chase me but of course, she dies before that.
    [​IMG]

The Poof-Power

Poof is actually overpowered. It does enormous damage..Here is an easy double-poof kill.
    [​IMG]
    I find Rexxar in jungle, immediately i net him and quickly command both of my Geos to poof.

Whenever you poof try to have the enemy netted so he takes full damage. At early game, this is your main killing skill.Late game its teleportation is more important since with travels you can poof geos to any part on the map. Combined with dagger you can instantly dagger in, and then poof the other meepos, net the enemy then do what ever you want.

Ganks

Here you can see some of my kills with meepo showing the power of poof and earthbind.

Ganking an Ezalor with Huskar:

[​IMG]
    1.Me and my friend huskar find a lonely ezalor in lane.
    2. He spots us and tries to make a run for it but my ally huskar ulties him while my net is on the way
    3. Huskar's ultimate hits him and I get my net on him while i command both of my Meepos to poof.
    4. Double poof = dead ezalor

Team-fight
    [​IMG]
    1. Team-fight starting with me(geomancer), abbadon and a baratthrum against a vengeful spirit and Rexxar.
    2. Nevermore razes in while vengeful has almost died. If you notice carefully, I am standing back and throwing my nets.
    3. Nevermore has casted his ultimate while venge is dead and barathrum has casted his ultimate on nevermore and abbadon's ultimate has turned on.
    4. Nevermore releases his requimem which only hits me because abbadon gets healed by it and barathrums magic immunity in his ultiimate saves it from him.
    5. Nevermore dies and our low-hp barathrum runs away.
    6. Barathrum gets away while I poof my full-hp clone in.
    7. I throw my net while chasing rexxar.
    8. Rexxar gets netted and I do a double-poof.
    9. Double Poof = Dead Rexxar

Killing Ursa and AA alone:

[​IMG]

[anchor=IX. The Good,The Bad And The Worse ] IX [/anchor]
    -- The Good --​

[​IMG]
    Tinker and Meepo are the 2 heroes who have the highest mobility in game with travels.A Double-Travels Meepo Tinker are an enemy's worst fear.Tinker lasers,rockets e.t.c and rearms while you net the enemy and start poofing or auto-attack either way.

[​IMG]
    This awesome ganker with his wall, vacuum and ion shell, not to mention his speedy buff, no one can escape the wrath of a meepo. He vacuums everyone on you, you net them together and let the poofing begin.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    They start the fight, you end it.

And all other slowers,initiaters disablers or buffers are your friends.

-- The Bad --​

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Heroes with high magical damage are a serious threat to meepo. Well, you can do something against them with fast reflexes but other than that, I suggest a pipe. Pudge is not that hard to counter since you can break his combo with earthbind but if nevermore gets an etheral and gets a etheral requimem on you, you are as good as dead. If he ever casts requimem while you are attacking him immediately retreat or else suffer his wrath.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    With their spells, they destroy the positioning of one of your Meepos, isolating him from the others. Seer is not much of a problem except for the fact that he softens you too much with Ion shell.Let him get a Vanguard and Hood and you are as good as dead.

[​IMG]
    Suggested by Daddy CoOl: Whats worst than an isolated Meepo?2 Isolated Meepos? NO.. An Isolated Meepo whos silenced and trapped and has lightning bolts over him. Luckily, you can destroy him with DPS but in team-fights, along with allies he can be a problem.

[​IMG]
    And the most anti-meepo hero in game, Earthshaker. Never and Never initiate a eam-fight without making sure he won't use his ultimate on you. If you find him alone you can kill him, but beware of his powers.

[anchor=X. Replays] X [/anchor]
    Ah, replays, so another, coming soon guide.No, maybe a bit but I have quite a number of stuff to show.

1 on 1 against a Nevermore who is my friend.
    A normal AP game against nevermore where I push all lanes together. Yes folks, you heard it right. All 3 lanes together. Read the thread and watch the replay to understand. Won't say no more here.

Time Leveling Meepo
    A fine game where I level with the time.Watch how in 16 mins I am Level 16 and so on. Recommended by me.Its short too.Plenty of triple kills, nets and 2 ultra kills i think.

Casual game and one of first games with Meepo.
    A fine game where I was testing Meepo. One of my starting games with Meepo so no fast leveling but shows some nice ganks. I'll put up their pictures.

One of my lucky games with Meepo and this too, was a starting.
    I liked this one because I had fun and shows almost all aspects that I want to show in a meepo. Netting, poof kills, ganks, push e.t.c. Not good but its a start.

The Best Meepo Player in the world!
    This.Is.Beyond.Words.

http://www.playdota.com/forums/533360/gageqd-meepo-dagger-hex/
    A hex and dagger meepo by my meepo bud, gagqed.

[anchor=XI. Videos And Tips!] XI [/anchor]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQcLWRfgcw&feature=player_embedded
    This is a Meepo played by the top meepo player in china(or in the world as well hmm?). Watch his fast leveling, pro dagger moves and all the stuff. He playes fabulously and It is definitely worth the watch. He gets a rampage as well. Watch his micros and escpecially the fight near roshan. That.Is.Team-Work(meepo style). Too much to put into words. Please watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3_i_z3yyxk
    The famous MeePwns Meepo 1 v 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwsFoMX_zjc
    China Meepo. I haven't watched it but a friend recommended it to me, so watch it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmCovyHjbTw
    A video made by my friend and a good PD member gageqd.Teaches you how to blink-poof and how to roshan without being seen by wards. This technique is also used by the niuwa aka the best meepo player.

So lets round this guide up with a quick focus fire of useful tips.
    -Once you have hit Level 6, start sending one meepo to pull the creeps or stack neutrals or leech experience from another lane.Your purpose is to outlevel, farm will follow itself.
    -If you can't get creeps then just hand around for the experience as gold is never a problem for Meepo.
    -Don't get lazy when you overlevel because when you lose concentration, it is more likely for 1 of your Meepos to die.
    -If a meepo is low-hp(usually the main meepo) send it to base to get healed and get items instead of sending both of them to fountain and ultilize the free time on the 2nd Meepo to stack creeps, neutrals e.t.c.Make sure you get every ounce of experience possible.
    -If you are sending a meepo home and he is near the jungle and you think you can stack a camp on the way, then by all means do so, so you can comeback later to snack on them.
    -In team-fights, instead of panicking when you see a red-meepo and fail to select it in the chaos, simply check the Heroe list on your left side, check the red-hp meepo, and press his relevant hotkey to save him. You can even throw a net as soon as you select him so any chasers you are unaware of are stuck and you become aware of them.
    -In dagger-poofing,first poof all Meepos to your main Meepo then dagger in and net, allowing you to net easily and giving you the element of suprise. If you can poof all Meepos very fast, you can even make it look like they all poofed together. Watch that chinese Meepo for it.
    -If someone ganks you, keep a cool head and be like:
    "Oh, look I am getting ganked, YAY" because a positive attitude arouses an optimistic approach towards the situation.You have 3 choices:

- Fight
    - Tp or retreat a meepo back while keeping the enemies at bay by nets and then poofing all Meepos to retreated Meepo.
    - Retreat all Meepos together, throwing nets behind yourself till you feel safe.

Well, that was all. More replays coming and more gank and pictures and stuff. I am going to put more tips and videos too but this is all for now. Forgive my noob english or ideas and I apologize to everyone who had a bad day becuase of me ever.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  2. jmsb92

jmsb92 New Member

very nice
    you are gosu

3. Xstorm999

nahhh Im not gosu.. One unlucky thing happened.. I had made pictures of ganks and AoE and they got deleted ... ill have to do them again now :<

4. SirKerensky

SirKerensky Well-Known Member

Wow, this looks really cool.
    Must've been a lot of work.
    I can't read all of it right now but I might eventually.
    Visually: 9.6

5. erednay

erednay Well-Known Member

I just want to let you know that I skimmed through the guide, looked at the skill build, saw that you maxed net without a level of geostrike and came to the conclusion that you are bad.

I would say get a level of geostrike before you max net as it helps a lot with the slow and jungling e.g.
    1. Poof
    2. Net
    3. Poof
    4. Net
    5. Poof
    6. Ult
    7. Poof
    8. Geostrike
    9. Net
    etc

6. Xstorm999

Yes.. I usually went that build.. Check my replays and then check the skill build in the parser its similar to that.. I am in need of more meepo replays since my old PC data was washed away so that I can find some pictures..

7. gageqd

gageqd Well-Known Member

i follow the china niuwa buid : net-poof-poof-geostrike-poof-ulti-poof-net

8. Xstorm999

New Comment

if you look carefully he changes his build in every game according to the situation..

9. Lycan

Lycan Administrator

Published

Great Guide

You could add to the micromanagement part the following. Subgroup order modified key in the options menu should be turned on. But if you do this it allows, you to have all of them mass selected, and by using crtl only the highlighted meepo will respond to the actions you force him to take. Also perhaps the grouping could be noted as well, (scattered versus group movement, triangle versus scattered circle)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  10. Xstorm999

Thanks for the tip.. now that you mention it I realize that I saw this from your guide(sub-group modifier thingy) and I turned it on.. thanks again

11. Daddy CoOl

Daddy CoOl Well-Known Member

New Comment

You've forgotten Thrall in "The Bad" section ^^

12. Xstorm999

New Comment

ok .. adding him soon.. since I am getting pictures ready as well to upload.. So Ill make all the changes together..thanks for rating..

13. Xstorm999

Ok guys added some more stuff..

- A new gank in Ganks
    - Picture for Usage of Geostrike
    - Wrote something in Meepo Teamwork
    - Added Thrall in Baddy section suggest by daddy cool ( hes so cool)
    - Adding Sub-group modifier suggested by Lycan

14. Xstorm999

-Added a small alt-tab guide(pretty much copy paste) for those who can't live without it.

15. Kuestenjung

Kuestenjung Well-Known Member

New Comment

Where is Aghanims Scepter? Imo its a core since it gives you +1 Clone, and decent stat bonus to all of your clones.

16. Xstorm999

New Comment

lmao.. what a noob i am.. i forgot .. here it is thanks for telling..

17. Xstorm999

New Comment

come on guys no comments.. rate this guide check it out...

18. SHIFT_

SHIFT_ Well-Known Member

N1ce guide, but hardly belives that it`s your own.

19. Xstorm999

New Comment

why?? how come?? I even posted replays..

20. Xstorm999

New Comment

please rate it high.. i want it to be spotlighted so that plenty of meepo replays turn up..