The Arcane Witchcraft 1.

Discussion in 'Published Guides' started by ONEATATIME, Jan 5, 2012.

1. WeesPa

WeesPa Member

New Comment

Ur guide helped me a lot! Thanks! KEEP IT UP!

2. ONEATATIME

ONEATATIME Well-Known Member

New Comment

@AtomOfUniverse
    I've never said maxing Ancient Seal soon is a bad idea, it works wonder if you interact well with allies. Anyway, an addiction of 150 damage is really a big problem for the enemy, moreover in the early phase of the game and that's why I tend to skill Concussive Shot soon, it's just a waste later.

3. gdnites

gdnites New Member

New Comment

i think that this certainly helps younger players. gonna try some of it out :p

4. ultqq

ultqq Well-Known Member

Re: The Arcane Witchcraft

mek is not "a must." you have great range on ur spells, don't position urself like a dumbass.

basi is not a must i'd rather get nulls which contribute to arcane

tranquil shouldn't be rejected, i get them every game as dragonus. start with a chick + rop + 2 branches + tango + clarity, finish tranquil in sideshop by min like 3, then i already have great ms for ganks and can't be harassed out of lane.

idk why u'd get atos over/before sheep

5. alexlimx

alexlimx Active Member

awesome guide ;)

6. ONEATATIME

New Comment

@ultqq
    One of the main weakness of Skywrath Mage is the almost total lack of armor, so Mekansm and Ring of Basilius are the best items to buy in order to partially solve this problem (considering they are cheap, in comparison to Shiva's Guard and so).
    Even if you're able to position yourself correctly, there are still many ways in which you can be involved (example: Blink).
    I don't like that much your argumentation for buying Null Talisman. In the guide I repeated many times I would rather skill Arcane Bolt later and, also, I want to analyze this suggestion with a concrete hypothesis: at level 5 (with level 3 arcane bolt) you deal the misery of further 14 damage and, above all, 2.6 less armor points.
    You could answer to my first assertion about the lack of armor saying something like: «Tranquil Boots provide you a +3 armor bonus». They aren't a bad pair of boots but, the fact is, Arcane Boots totally overhang them, due to the other well known problem of Dragonus: mana.
    Of course Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse is better than Rod of Atos, but it's very hard to farm and so the latter seems the best choice, since it has various utilities.

7. New Comment

Nice guide.. really helped a lot

8. silvercover

silvercover Moderator

New Comment

I think NA deserves to have a more special mention than the other mana burners. its not the mana burn that will be the problem but the damage since your dependent on int for your first skill. not to mention he can easily reflect back the damage as of the new skill, imagine reflecting your ult's damage right back and getting stunned.

9. Tshemmp

Tshemmp Member

New Comment

Found a nice combo: necro focussing with ulti a hero and dragonus get 1.5 sec stunned hero 4 his own ulti after the 900 dmg (only 1.5 sec not 2) necros ulti will do 900 dmg too :)

10. Tshemmp

Tshemmp Member

New Comment

ok, sry. forgot the heroes base magic resistance (25%) so: 775+ (775*0.9*0.75=542.625) =1317.625

11. deathkidkun

deathkidkun Well-Known Member

This is a great guide, but dude, you should list down magical burst nukers as well because Dragonus helps them amplify their damage with ancient seal and stuff.

Oh, and does Ancient Seal stack with Decrepify?

12. nincrab

nincrab Active Member

nice guide!

13. LeePatton

LeePatton Member

New Comment

Worked!!
    He does scale decently into late game,but should not try to kill a Centaur Warchief by himself.

Learnt the hard way. XD

14. Mr_Cuddles

Mr_Cuddles Well-Known Member

New Comment

NOOB GUIDE ! arcane boots on mage is like it on destroyerur far better off with int treads that increase ur as and mana poool but mostly arcane bolts dmg,

15. ONEATATIME

@deathkidkun
    I did a couple of tests and, yes, Ancient Seal stacks with Decrepify, and the casting order doesn't affect the final result: you can decide to cast Ancient Seal both before or after Decrepify.

@Mr_Cuddles
    What's the difference between a level 7 (level 4 Arcane Bolt) Skywrath Mage who wears Magic Wand, Null Talisman, Power Treads Int and a specular one who wears Arcane Boots instead of Power Treads? The first will deal just 12 extra damage (not even considering the magic reduction). The increased AS is not crucial, you're skill dependant. With Arcane Boots you're more flexible while spending mana, because you know you can partially restore it in not even a minute.

16. Flamezy

Flamezy Active Member

New Comment

great guide :D

17. tembikai94

tembikai94 New Member

New Comment

cool man

18. Dejaime

Dejaime Well-Known Member

New Comment

The picture, a girl? 10/10 for the guide!

19. Vot1_Bear

Vot1_Bear Well-Known Member

I'm still not convinced that maxing concussive above arcane bolt is a good idea tbh. The calculations you did only considers one shot of bolt, while in reality with 2 CD you should be able to cast 2-3 ABs. It doesn't guarantee a hit while target is in effect of seal, but overall it deals more damage (despite the need of more mana) and should be considered.

Nice guide though, it certainly contains an extensive amount of research especially in the combos order part.

Any thoughts on ethereal blade as luxury? Mystic flare+Seal+EB is epic

20. apollo1315

apollo1315 Member

roflll rated 10 1