Terrorblade Feedback

Discussion in 'Requests' started by IceFrog, Dec 4, 2011.

1. JustKillThem

JustKillThem Well-Known Member

The old one is a hard Zeal make him powerful

2. ch1b4ku

ch1b4ku Member

i love them both..
    both the new and the old terrorblade have insane dps capability
    i think reflection can be replaced by something like AoE lifesteal...

but, TBH i prefer the new one..
    :D

3. Thiede

Thiede Well-Known Member

Hmm. Actually, I was surprised when Icefrog decided to combine both Conjure Image and Meta. It led to 20% damage dealing images.

I've always thought that the 2nd skill should always only conjure ranged images. So combining Conjure Image and Meta was weird.

Keep Zeal.

Reflection is meh, really. A high DPS-er should not have easy access to a slow. The old hero concept was DPS. TB is not Viper.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  4. Silver.

Silver. Active Member

Mortred, anyone? Also, Huskar. And Rikimaru. And Faceless Void. And Troll. And Phantom Lancer. And Night Stalker. And Drow Ranger. And N'aix. Heck, even Sniper.

To the guy who said hard carries don't need a slow spell and gave Lycan as an example, that's a bad example. One word: Shapeshift.

Also, the old hero concept was DPS, yes, but keep in mind that he was an illusion-based DPSer. Reflection did fit nicely with the theme, and it would even make sense in his old skillset. I actually wouldn't mind giving up ~30% illusion damage (15% from each one) for getting a weaker form of Reflection on top of his old skillset. Zeal, on the other hand, has nothing to do with "Soul Keeping" and the synergy with illusions feels forced, especially on a hero with such weak illusions. It's almost like the loss of over 60% of illusion damage was to make room for Zeal, which sounds a lot like a nerf, if you ask me.

The changes to Metamorphosis are nice, but I would gladly swap the two illusions with the old HP bonus. I would also swap Zeal for either of his old skills, hopefully both, but that's not my decision.

5. Flame13

Flame13 Well-Known Member

I liked him way more before the remake...was more fun...not to mention that he is now close to become a rightclick hero...

6. bamet

bamet Active Member

Remake made him noob friendly, old one was fun to play, it was more challenging to win with him. He could have got some tweaks/buffs, mb changing first skill not whole remake.

7. Dark_AngeaL

Dark_AngeaL Well-Known Member

I like the change to Meta, i dont like Refraction in practice but i really like how you went more into the "soul" theme in "Soul Keeper". Zeal is really simple...but helps him lane so whatever...

8. Mlcrosoft

Mlcrosoft Well-Known Member

still think he should have more hp manipulations, not just his ulti. As AM-s first skill is related to his ulti, TB-s first skill also should have some correlation with his ultimate as well

9. unnamedkiller14

unnamedkiller14 Well-Known Member

you should increase the survivability of the illusions a little. plus that, first ability is totally useless, i mean in pub games. in championships nobody actually chooses him. Zeal and Metamorphosis are actually becoming the main skills.. And also, make ulti go through bkb. (mb it's op idk)

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  10. Loomdun

Loomdun Well-Known Member

I liked the old terrorblade, The life drain was helpful in allowing me to lane while in later game it forced people off you since the threat of sunder was always there, but I enjoyed the ability to constantly trick people by summoning illusions of myself when I wanted to, (i forgot how many illusions of myself I couldl have at max). That mixed with sunder and metamorphosis was awesome, but I do like the idea that you can metamorphosis with illusions in this one. But it feels so limited in function, because you have to use metamorphosis in order to do the illusions. There where many occassions where I used my illusions to simply scout or feint some spells from people. You can no longer do that with this terrorblade. I don't really like zeal and I don't like how metamorphosis took on the illusions with a attempt to replace the drain.

11. PlayRough

PlayRough Well-Known Member

nerf the metamorph. makes int heroes TOOsquishy

12. dresmasher

dresmasher Well-Known Member

nerf his damage while in meta form, he's like a ranged lycan in terms of damage early game, it's nearly impossible to lane against that with squishy heroes.

his reflection is quite retarded as well, make the illusions target-able and instead give the un-targetable thing to specter's ult maybe ... way too annoying right now.

allow him to profit from his ult while magic immune, this should be a no-brainer
    if you don't want to rebalance his damage then maybe tweak the ias bonus from zeal, he deals way to much damage with level 1 meta

for a carry, his lane control is just so damn good, too good imo

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

nerf his damage while in meta form, he's like a ranged lycan in terms of damage early game, it's nearly impossible to lane against that with squishy heroes.

his reflection is quite retarded as well, make the illusions target-able and instead give the un-targetable thing to specter's ult maybe ... way too annoying right now.

allow him to profit from his ult while magic immune, this should be a no-brainer
    if you don't want to rebalance his damage then maybe tweak the ias bonus from zeal, he deals way to much damage with level 1 meta

for a carry, his lane control is just so damn good, too good imo

13. uhhrandall

uhhrandall Well-Known Member

I play TB quite often in Dota 1. I enjoy the current version than one before. I would like his illusions to do more damage, but more easier to kill.

14. duoform

duoform Well-Known Member

His current version is way more fun to play. I agree with some people saying that his Illusions should deal more damage but more easier to kill as well. Hopefully he'll have a sick model in DotA2.

15. E02K

E02K Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice that Reflection's illusion don't deal 65% damage? i swear they dont seem to do so.

16. aestropher

aestropher Well-Known Member

TBH I liked the old Terrorblade more, with on-demand image generation and way beefier images. Radiance used to work wonders on him. He also farms a lot faster than current TB when past a certain level.

Current TB's images are more decoys than anything; while in the old days, a single image from a farmed up TB can hit and tank like a hero.

17. -Thor.

-Thor. Well-Known Member

I think he is really great right now, much better than the old one. Although Reflection is somehow too OP, AOE 35% AS/MS slow AND 65% invulnerable illusions... It would be fine if it was single target or smaller AOE.

18. Dreamish

Dreamish Well-Known Member

TB was the first hero I ever played, and I played him to death.

As for what I prefer? Honestly a mixture, though there is more potential with the new one. As has been mentioned he's a very unique hero with his laning and his overall gameplay. However, I feel that his illusions are the main issue, as they're so weak right now that there's not much point to them even being there really. I don't really want a numbers buff however, and I'm sure that it would be overpowered if there was one. Rather adding something unique to his illusions would be swell.

A lot of the suggestions have been really good, but I'm going to throw in another one. (It's only an idea and of course numbers etc are merely placeholders). What if instead of two illusions we gave him one untargettable one, like his "soul" sort of deal. It stays in melee form and has a leash range, attacking anything TB attacks (it's uncontrollable otherwise). Now when it hits a unit, it stores part of its foe's soul, which is say 10/20/30/40 HP a hit, as has been suggested. What TB can do with this is he can activate Meta again to instantly gain however much health has been stacked up, at the cost of being reverted back to melee form. I'd also suggest that instead of this image doing damage, it slows instead.

Of course it's relatively complex, but it also makes for an interesting skill. It gets rid of the relatively pointless illusions while giving him another option and overall raising his skill cap. Of course I've also been up far too long so I may sound like a lunatic too.

Essentially though, he's still my favourite and I like the direction he's going in.

19. Whitefang

Whitefang Well-Known Member

I hated the old TB but I like the new one, I just wish he can store some HP by "keeping it" like his name suggest, Soul Keeper. Also he should have the same movespeed as his melee form.

EDIT- Suggestion:

Zeal (remake with additional passive)

Besides Regeneration and Attack Speed bonus, TB will permanently gain 2HP for every creep kill and 20HP for every hero kill, but he will lose half of it everytime he dies.

Metamorph (remake illusions)

He will no longer have range illusions beside him but if he attack an enemy unit, a melee illusions of him (similar to Reflection's illusion which uncontrollable and invulnerable), will hit that target as well until he do other command or that target is out of his attack range.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  20. Flame13

Flame13 Well-Known Member

^ Not bad but I think Zeal and Reflection should just leave...makes him zeal makes him a no-brain/right-click hero...

Metamorph would be nice...I'd like the health drain back or anything that manipulates hp...after all his theme and concept as soul keeper or soul stealer is the health manipulation...