Techies Item Build

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by mustin98, May 17, 2010.

1. mustin98

mustin98 Well-Known Member

I like getting an aghanims as fast as i can as a first item, and then a euls or guinsoos.
    Which item build do you prefer with techies?
  2. PudgePie

PudgePie Well-Known Member

Void stone and travelz...Then the cool farm starts and guinsoo maybe. Eul's is rly cool too ^^
  3. Skaloon

Skaloon Banned

4. leeoku

leeoku Well-Known Member

assuming u picked techies, start with tp+soul ring recipe+3 branches+rest in clars. rush a soul ring. if u feel like it go for boots. Usually i can rush a sheep fast since tech owns at killing creeps+random hero kills/assists. After that i go BoT,aghs. by this point game should be over. if not, go like nec/shiva
  5. .Budi

.Budi Well-Known Member

soul ring + arcane. rest is luxury.
  6. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Well-Known Member

Soul Ring
    Arcane Ring
    Scrolls and Sentry Wards
    Force Staff (if team is losing and I need to turtle) and/or Guinsoo (preferable, if winning)

Boots of Travel
  7. Soth

Soth Well-Known Member

screw all tp's everyone is talking about, screw the clarity pots aswell.
    soul ring recipe, mantel of int, sobi mask, get your ass to the lane, farm 300 with mines soulring done.
    2-3 nulls, PT(int), Agha. Must build. don't listen to anyone else.
  8. STR1D3R

STR1D3R Well-Known Member

lol @ soth, tp + clarities is almost guaranteed FB and maybe double FB, much faster soulring.
  9. PeGBoY

PeGBoY Banned

Dagger->Suicide or -repick.
  10. Soth

Soth Well-Known Member

In a pub, sure.
    In a mid game, sure.
    High Level, hell no.

In either case, it's a waste of money. And you won't really get it much faster, mine is guaranteed, yours is dependent on the situation.
  11. TurtleLord

TurtleLord Well-Known Member

In high level its wand bottle vanguard BKB.
  12. Xerx

Xerx Well-Known Member

Don't ask the forum there's lots of bad advice. Just follow what the pros get like kuroky. Get Helm of dominator quarterstaff then ogre axe then maybe make a dagon after that. Oh and boots. Hope i halped.
  13. Night1301

Night1301 Well-Known Member

soulring/arcane to start for your mana supply

then get eul/sceptre/force/hex, which ever you like, they always a good thing

i dont suggest phase boots for him, yes it does gave damage, but travel is better imo, well it's not like techies needs boots really bad anyway
  14. Morbius

Morbius Well-Known Member

I personally go soul ring and then forcestaff and then stack divine rapiers.

Soth, low level tactics will be more effective for anyone who has to ask advice on the forums.
  15. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

voidstones. . . that will spam your bombs =)
  16. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Well-Known Member

If you start out like that you won't be buying the Courier for your team. I think that Techies can and should support, because of his combination of low item dependence (aside from mana regen) and excellent farming.

What is the benefit of multiple Null Talismans? For mana they're not cost or space efficient. As time went on and more items were added to this game, Bracers/Null became weaker and weaker.

Null is 485 gold, 3 Nulls are 1,455 gold. That's just 245 gold cheaper than Arcane Ring. But Arcane gives you +410 max mana (immediate activation after first spell cast) compared to 234 mana from 3 Nulls (as well as much better mana regen that can also help teammates), and only takes up 1 item slot.

Even if you don't want to spend 1,700 gold on Arcane (which is still cost efficient for pure mana, and Techies can expend enough mana to make that worthwhile), you could just go Magic Wand instead for far better performance than Null. Small stat items like Null are just outdated now.

Intel Treads is +10 intel (+130 mana) and +10 damage for an additional 950 gold over normal Boots. Is +10 damage and 25% IAS really relevant on Techies? Treads also prevents you from upgrading to Boots of Travel, which can help a lot with late game pushing.

If you compare a 2 Null + Intel Treads build to an Arcane + regular Boots build, the guy who went Arcane will have 124 more mana and an extra available item slot for 220 less gold. If it's 3 Nulls + Intel Treads, then the guy who went Arcane would have 46 more mana and 2 more available item slots, for 705 less gold.

He would have less damage of course. But 2 Nulls + Intel Treads = +22 damage, which just lets Techies break even with the normal hero (assuming that normal hero doesn't build for big DPS or even get stat items for his primary attribute) given Techies' -20 or -25 disadvantage in starting damage. And Techies has so many more options during a fight other than physically attacking, such as using a farmed Guinsoo, throwing a Remote Mine (2.5 second channeling), or running in to melee range for Land Mine/Stasis/Suicide (any or all of those spells). All of these spells (except for the Hex) have big payoffs but take time to cast, and thus interfere with normal ranged attacks unlike other heroes' spells that can be dumped out in a second.

Because of these reasons I just don't see the point in buying small stat or damage items on Techies.

TP + Clarity is worth it IMO even in higher level games. Of course you're not getting instant First Blood in the lane if your opponents are on to you and make sure to scout/occupy the spot first thing. It's about making full use of your time though, because Techies unlike other heroes can produce things at any time he wants and reap the rewards later (unlike any other hero who is just wasting mana if they cast without a target). If you don't stack mines in the lane for FB, you can stack it at a lane's side entrance, a ramp, or even in a path in the middle of the woods. Doing those things can either get you a kill, or at least a stopped gank later in the game. The enemy cannot possibly occupy every conceivable spot in the game, on your side of the map.
  17. The Lord God

The Lord God Well-Known Member

I would agree with every thing Jim Raynor has said, and throw in the fact that I never forget to make Soul Ring as one of my first items on Techies.

However, my play style is quite a bit varied from a normal Techies play style.
  18. plzonlygame

plzonlygame Well-Known Member

clairities, soul ring recipe, TP scroll

attempt FB

ring of regen first if aggresive lane, otherwise sobi first

finish soul ring

force staff if you suspect they will get a gem

I'm not a great fan of arcane ring on him. By the time you have euls, you will be getting the same or more mana per second that arcane provides but euls scales better into lategame and has the nifty active.
  19. Rivirland

Rivirland Well-Known Member

erm... Nothing wrong with Quarteraxe of the Dominator!!

Try clarities, tp scroll and a branch and quickly go to your hard lane (their safe lane), put 4 bombs and get the branch on the floor. Usually, they'll pick up the branch and die to the bombs :D
  20. MaDuiN

MaDuiN Well-Known Member

I just played a game with Techies, who actually carried :eek:

He 1st tp'd to forest-side forest, got the early fb with hes 3 mines, nad I think he just bought clarities 24/7 and staff of wizardy as 1st item. Then I guess he bought 2 sobi masks, and made aghanims in 17min. Proceed to Orchid by level 14, which was around 30ish minute. He made boots somewhere there, propably after staff+point booster.

Later with agha+orchid he just mass-spammed remotes to farm everything, got himself BoT and kept on farming moer. Think he gone for MKB after that, and Crystalys. He made buriza and started BKB, and game ended :< This was at 60ish minute.