Suggestions Forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by IceFrog, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire525

Fire525 Well-Known Member

^True enough. I suppose mods should be able to see who is who. The report function should be kept as well.

2. vertigo12

vertigo12 Well-Known Member

Would there be a way in bringing back old suggestions from previous website back into playdota's forum pages? If so it would be helpful in migrating note worthy suggestions back in forums.dota-allstars.com

3. Foede

Foede Forum Manager

Well, that's gonna be a bit hard, because the old DA is dead, and the promised archive is nowhere to be found yet....

Besides, lots of active suggestors from DA re-posted their suggs in here when the new site appeared.

4. FleshTRNDstone

FleshTRNDstone Well-Known Member

Anonamous suggestions might be a great idea..
    Since that IS the way people are suppose to submit suggestions anyway..
    As for the hero suggestions, has a full or near full hero from the suggestions forum ever been implemented?
    Is it because these suggestions are always made by only one person?
    Purposely never getting implemented to avoid people saying ''why did his get used and not mine...'' stuff like that?
    Now I know there are creators guilds etc, but might a small group of people, say 5, colaborating together on a hero stand a better chance of being implemented, if the suggestion is exceptionaly good of course??

5. Foede

Foede Forum Manager

Lots of old heroes were partially created from the forums, and probably lots of the new hero's skills were based of various suggs (or so I think). The clearest example would be Puck, who was created combining 2 heroes from a DA contest.

I don't think the "only one person" issue is a problem, because lots of implemented suggs were made by single persons. Lots of them were later improved thanks to feedback, but the initial idea and final presentation is still from a single person.

In any case, the discussion focus here shouldn't be about Ice implementing "our" stuff, but simply trying to make a better game for the enjoyment of us all :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.