Stuck at "connecting to the dota 2 network"

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by dtboy1, Mar 24, 2013.

1. dtboy1

dtboy1 Well-Known Member

upon launch. Tried restarting, been having this problem all day. What do

2. Nex_Inter_Nos

Nex_Inter_Nos Well-Known Member

Restart steam(I'm assuming you just restarted the dota client), if there is an update to steam that you need, you will get stuck at "connecting to dota network."

3. CynthiaCrescent

CynthiaCrescent Well-Known Member

Sometimes you just get stuck at that page for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
    As said, restarting Steam is your best bet.

4. silvercover

silvercover Moderator

or transfer to the next PC beside you(assuming your at a net cafe).

5. Skariy

Skariy Well-Known Member

6. silvercover

silvercover Moderator

thats what I do honestly.

7. Skariy

Skariy Well-Known Member

I think most of us have our own PC

8. CynthiaCrescent

Never stopped people from gathering up with friends and going to lan cafes and have fun instead of staying at home and rage at the wall every time mm fucks up his game (allegedly).
    This obviously doesn't include everyone, but everything has its reasons.

9. Skariy

Skariy Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that being a working class adult with a high end system, and best in slot internet; does, in fact, stop people from wanting to play at a cafeteria, likely surrounded by the very angry children that you're suggesting would do the opposite

10. CynthiaCrescent

Well, a lot of players aren't working class adults with high end systems and best slot internet. That about sums up my point.

11. silvercover

silvercover Moderator

my PC cant handle dota 2.
    and we have a net cafe close to the university that has dota 2 so its no prob. also, I solo most of the time.

12. Skariy

Skariy Well-Known Member

Most players have access to better tools than is provided by an internet cafe

13. CynthiaCrescent

I have a good amount of reasons to believe a large portion players, or at least a large amount of them located in the Philippines, China and similar Dota "hotspots" have a large incentive to play at local internet cafes. Now I don't have the demographics to back this up so my usage of the word "most" might not be correct, but I'm taking this side as long as no statistics are being presented.

14. Nex_Inter_Nos

Nex_Inter_Nos Well-Known Member

Internet cafes in South Korea often times have top of the line computers. It's where the majority of pc gaming is done in a lot of Asian countries.

15. Skariy

Skariy Well-Known Member

Lol you're in for some very unpleasant surprises later in life, if you think that SOKO and PH, or the people they produce, are similar at all

16. xbon

xbon Well-Known Member

I'm stuck connecting to dota 2 network right now...