[Spring '12] Jormungand

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Discussion' started by Roger Black, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Tkmi

Tkmi Well-Known Member

I still can't forgoet the lulzy gunfight at eipsode 3 :D

2. Royal_Naga

Royal_Naga Well-Known Member

3. emerel

emerel Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Have everyone dropped this series?:mellow:

4. BiH-Kira

BiH-Kira Well-Known Member

No.
    But there isn't really much to talk about.

5. Royal_Naga

Yeah, pretty much this:
    Episodes are kinda self-explanatory and therefore you can't make much "theory talk" about it... Also the series is in this SEASON, full of animes with "suffering" (Lol Fate/Zero) and the quote of drama is already filled so...
    I was no kidding when this anime is basically Kiritsugu childhood.

When you have see so much "dead" already an anime that can't match things like Black Lagoon in their same ground will leave little behind... just saying.

6. emerel

emerel Well-Known Member

Black Lagoon? That reminds me.
    [​IMG]

7. Royal_Naga

wait, what?
    For real?
    Why loli Koko is with Revy?

8. Ryvian

Ryvian Well-Known Member

Ok that really made me lolhard. Is that fanart?

9. emerel

emerel Well-Known Member

↑ Hmm, you may say so, but the so called fan here is Keitarou Takahashi, the author of Jormungand.

10. Royal_Naga

Well that means that he is openly saying that he admires Black Lagoon and that say anime have some influence on his work, is not bad at all to admit something like this. Obviously Jormungad take some elements of Black Lagoon but is not trying to "emulate" Black Lagoon in any way Jormungad cast is not has fucked up has Black Lagoon team and the ejecution is way different:

First Black Lagoon arcs are bigger, they leave permanent changes on "key" characters and build up the tension to generate a climax event in the end of every season.
    With that say the "Roberta Blood Trail" was Epic.

In the other hand Jormungad arcs are fast without putting much development on the antagonist of the series since the character development is focused mostly in Koko and Johna. The "problems" that they face are quickly solved with their military skills (We are talking about a team of "rambos" while in Black Lagoon Revy was a mercenary that loked more like a "pirate"). Koko is always hiding something while BL cast always shows his true colors.

Is good to see an anime that "refreshing" in a while(Not like others animes that are blantaly copy-paste of some other animes... *cof cof¨Hidan no Aria), the only problem once again is that Jormungad is being outshined by Fate/Zero that is without doub the best anime of the season. This is funny because like 2 seasons ago Inu x Boku kicked Guilty Crown ending arc and Inu was a "small" side anime.

11. Roger Black

Roger Black Well-Known Member

idk if you guys can see the small intermission in the middle of the anime in torrent files but the dog and girl is fucking hilarious!!

12. BiH-Kira

BiH-Kira Well-Known Member

Anyone still following this?
    The last episode was awesome. Can't wait to see what will happen the next week. I expected something like this, but still...

I was too afraid of watching the preview of the next episode. Don't want to spoiler anything for my self. The episodes this and the last week... they are just too good. Can't hold all this feels.

13. Ryvian

Ryvian Well-Known Member

Dropped it at the end of last season, didn't even bother to finish it. Dunno if I'll ever pick it up again.

14. Night1301

Night1301 Well-Known Member

Everything is plain character development, basically stories that revolves around the other character, now we finally getting to the 'main plot'. Jormungand has been revealed.

15. Senjougahara

Senjougahara Moderator

holy fuck. HOLY FUCK. Man, this needs to update faster.

and fucking jonah getting a kiss from koko. /rage

16. Ryvian

Ryvian Well-Known Member

Welp, better start downloading. Shotacon Koko, oh you.

17. Pentinor

Pentinor Well-Known Member

Holy fuck that ending....

edit: Also that kiss was hawt.

edit2: gotta say...kokos plan is pretty loco...even for her =/

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  18. nryn

nryn Well-Known Member

maybe i've not watched enough war related anime but i couldn't predict much what's happening next.

19. Senjougahara

Senjougahara Moderator

^Isn't that a good thing? lol.

20. nryn

nryn Well-Known Member

it is. just not sure whether it really is hard to guess or i just don't know much about this stuff.