Special equipment for Dota

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by uMpaLuMpa, Sep 15, 2009.

1. uMpaLuMpa

uMpaLuMpa Well-Known Member

when u play dota, do u use a regular PC set (mouse, keyboard) OR some special hardware? like expensive gaming mice and specialized keyboard...

is it worth to spend money for those things?:ninja:
  2. leomon235

leomon235 Well-Known Member

Regular mouse & keyboard. Not like any special equipment can help you play better in such a micro-UNintensive game like dota... (maybe a mouse with a few extra buttons so you can program item slots i guess)
  3. Magical-Trever

Magical-Trever Well-Known Member

I use special software (DR, Banlist, Host bot)
  4. RaistMagus

RaistMagus Well-Known Member

I use a USB Numpad when I play on my Laptop PC! Too lazy to remap the item slots via software.
  5. ASPRY

ASPRY Well-Known Member

i own a razer lycosa keyboard as my birthday present from my father :)
  6. SoN_OF_OdiN

SoN_OF_OdiN Member

just got my microsoft sidewinder x6 today =D

Gonna test it on dota soooon
  7. Alief

Alief Well-Known Member

I also has USB numpad for my Laptop. It's a lot easier and faster. Never thought about special mouse, is it expensive ^^?
  8. Witchking

Witchking Well-Known Member

Logitech G5 ftw. But rather for FPS games like Call of Duty 4. ;) In RTS games the need for good gaming hardware is not as high as in different ones.
  9. ResQ

ResQ Well-Known Member

Not for dota, but generally i own a razer copperhead.
  10. deemonhunte

deemonhunte New Member

A regular mouse and keyboard should be enough.

The skill of playing dota is what it really matters. :rofl:
  11. Pandamann

Pandamann Banned

I got a faming mouse with a precision booster that would no doubt help tons in counter strike but is useless as hell in DotA except if freefarming and there is that ranged creep devoured by the siege unit.
  12. Xmas.Dasher

Xmas.Dasher Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I almost seem to understand even the worst english on the net, but somebody please tell me what the heck is/are "mice"
  13. ResQ

ResQ Well-Known Member

Plural of mouse?
  14. doomsheep

doomsheep Well-Known Member

too bad you can't understand regular english :/
  15. CrimeEdge

CrimeEdge Well-Known Member

Normal Keyboard and Mouse. though I do use HP viewer, Item slots = ctrl+z,x,a,s,q,w. and window helper.( I play windowed mode).
  16. Kitsune

Kitsune Well-Known Member

I have a AMD K6 II Athlon 900Mhz, 256 Mb Ram, and a trackball mouse.

I don't recomend that.
  17. uMpaLuMpa

uMpaLuMpa Well-Known Member

your dad encourage u to play more? :nuke:
  18. Hassebla

Hassebla Member

Gaming mice and keyboards are for noobs. Really, they don't help for shit. Always played with my standard microsoft mouse (really old) and I'm/was semipro at CS:S.
  19. Xmas.Dasher

Xmas.Dasher Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm a bit tired.. :p he fooled me tho, he didn't put keyboard in plural. Sorry, I really didn't try to be a smart ass, honest!
  20. Witchking

Witchking Well-Known Member

Nobody said that playing without gaming peripheral devices is impossible, rather that it can you theoretically make better. I still remember the time when I played with my 10 Euro Microsoft mouse. Since I have the G5 I would never change it back, since I am completely used to the extra side buttons and the configurable sensitivity. Especially side buttons make playing much easier and more comfortable.

Googl'ing the unknown term would have taken approximately the same time you needed to make this post. Gratz.