So how do you play DotA 2

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by hackwrench1, Jun 22, 2012.

1. hackwrench1

hackwrench1 Member

So I finally get an invite to DotA2. The "Learn how to play" buttons are disabled. I've figured out that hitting the "A" key and clicking on the map with my mouse will move my character there and will attack an enemy when I click on it, but camera movement uses the arrow keys and will not move with either the character or the mouse.

I don't know how to heal or do anything else. is the best result a Google search dota 2 controls can get and it's vague. I don't see any sticky threads for DotA 2 controls.

What's going on?
  2. Inreet

Inreet Banned

plz tell me you're kidding
  3. hackwrench1

hackwrench1 Member

4. Inreet

Inreet Banned

because why do you need an invite if you don't even know what Dota is about?
  5. yummybui

yummybui Well-Known Member

You can move the camera by using the cursor to 'push' the edge of the screen.

Heal would be used the heal spell, either by pressing the hotkey or left clicking the image of the spell on the UI and then you left click an ally unit.
  6. hackwrench1

hackwrench1 Member

It's a video game. I like to play video games generally. Especially when they're free.
  7. darkin

darkin Active Member

try to create a solo game and try stuff
  8. Inreet

Inreet Banned

when you should know the basics of RTS (not even Dota!). why are you asking such simple things.
  9. Skyforger3.0

Skyforger3.0 Banned

A weak troll thread.
  10. hackwrench1

hackwrench1 Member

Because apparently, I'm used to some sort of tutorial mode that teaches the basics on how to play a game. Barring that, I'm used to more info on websites about a given game.
  11. darkin

darkin Active Member

just be nice to a troll, lol
  12. DMR_Chane

DMR_Chane Well-Known Member

either a really bad troll or a lost soul

both I kill, rape, tear apart and consume just to increase my damage by 2
  13. hackwrench1

hackwrench1 Member

Why should I know the basics of RTS? There's nothing about DotA 2 that said anything about needing prerequisite knowledge. is the first thing most people know about DotA 2, other than people keep offering it in Steam trading.
  14. DMR_Chane

that is not true

most people come from DotA > LoL > HoN

and have a basic understanding of RTS

even if your from SCII you should know how this all works.

there is nothing here to discuss and thus I demand this thread is closed.
  15. AceMeril

AceMeril Banned

instead of trolling here you can join lod, dog.
  16. DMR_Chane

may I remind you of the fact that the second tab in your signature had me going :rofl: after 3 seconds.

17. hackwrench1

hackwrench1 Member

There is a difference between most people and people lucky enough to get to play. I see that most (if not all) replies to my post are outside the US.
  18. ithoran

ithoran Well-Known Member

If you like to play free games I suggest Harry Potter Online and Hello Kitty
  19. LukeWindwalker

LukeWindwalker Well-Known Member

Go play league of legends if you`re from the us and too dumb to use google.
  20. DotZe

DotZe Well-Known Member

fail troll is fail. come get your +1!