Slark Skill Build?

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by Fixthemix, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Fixthemix

Fixthemix Well-Known Member

I've only played this hero ~10 times since he was released, and I'm still in doubt as to how his skill setup should look?

Currently I'm going;
    1: Pounce
    2: Dark Pact
    3: Dark Pact
    4: Essence Shift
    5: Pounce
    6: Shadow Dance
    7: Dark Pact
    8: Dark Pact
    9: Essence Shift
    10: Pounce
    11: Shadow Dance
    12: Essence Shift
    13: Essence Shift
    14: Pounce
    15: Stats
    16: Shadow Dance

Input would be awesome.
  2. doomsheep

doomsheep Well-Known Member

i see no reason to take 2 levels of pounce
  3. Fixthemix

Hmm, you have a point, although I find it alot more useful for escaping with an extra point (100 extra range), but you're probably right seeing as the cooldown doesn't improve and all you get for your skill point is that 100 range and 25 damage.
  4. Lejinx

Lejinx Well-Known Member

I play him
    Shadow Dance

Then Stats and always Ulti when able.
    Darkpact isnt needed more then 1 Times, for the deactive of a disable.
    Essence Shift is good for harassing
    Pounce is maxed first because of the Damage Range and disable
  5. doomsheep

doomsheep Well-Known Member

i also take ES at level 2 since 75 damage nuke is next to nothing.
  6. Adun

Adun Well-Known Member

Shadow Dance
    Shadow Dance
    Shadow Dance

Since Slark has good STR at lvl 1, I don't really have to get Pounce at Lvl 1 all the time.
  7. Fixthemix

I'm not really sure why you would max Pounce first, seeing as the difference between level 1 and 4 is 75 more damage and 300 range.
    The idea of just getting a single point in Dark Pact to get rid of debuffs is interesting though.

Good point, but it also means you won't have a 150 nuke at level 3. I guess it really depends on your lane partner and your lane enemies.

I see you also get Essence Shift at level 2(1), is this the general build? I can also see why maxing Pounce instead of Essence Shift would have its advantages, although you wouldn't WTFOMGBBQ the jungle after a succesful gank.

By the way, what would happen if you use Dark Pact and Lucifer uses Doom on you right after? Will Doom be removed?
  8. Fearsome

Fearsome Well-Known Member

That's the best build.
  9. Schafusmatus

Schafusmatus Well-Known Member

I dont think Dark Pact has many uses before maxed out (or at least level 3) so my skillbuild goes :

1. Pounce
    2. Essence Shift
    3. Dark Pact
    4. Dark Pact
    5. Dark Pact
    6. Shadow Dance
    7. Dark Pact
    8. Pounce
    9. Pounce
    10. Pounce
    11. Shadow Dance
    12. Essence Shift/Stats
    13. Essence Shift/Stats
    14. Essence Shift/Stats
    15. Stats/Essence Shift
    16. Shadow Dance

Leveling the nuke first seems like the best idea seeing that the Pounce dissable time remains the same and Essence Shift steels the same amount on every level.
    Maxing pounce after for more range and a bit more burst damage.
    After maxing out Dark Pact and Pounce decide if you take Stats or Essence Shift.
    Stats for more survivability or Essence Shift for lengthy fights.
  10. Fixthemix

Hmm, I don't like the idea of getting Stats instead of Essence Shift. If I get into combat ~25 seconds after a gank, I'd still have all the stats from last battle, and thus having a huge advantage on my new target. This seems a bit too good to pass up on, in my opinion.

Would also decrease farming after succesful ganks/teambattles.

Just realized it would increase farming when you haven't ganked, so I guess that argument is nullified.
  11. Lejinx

Lejinx Well-Known Member

The thing is Dark pact, is , like said not rly needed.
    Essence shift doesnt need to be maxed out, since 1minute is rly much.
    Then there is Pounce and Stats, slark doesnt got the range for using Punce before he got the ms from ulti so Pounce is maxed first.
  12. Fixthemix

I just don't think the 300 range and 75 damage is worth 3 skill point, when you could have 225 more aoe nuke damage at 10 second cooldown instead.
  13. Fearsome

Fearsome Well-Known Member

14. LostFlip

LostFlip Well-Known Member

i max es, those that make me a nub?
  15. Lejinx

Lejinx Well-Known Member

Well if u think u can stand the Damage taken from Darkpact by your Itembuild, then do it.
    If not, play Pounce.
    everyones owns
  16. -SuPerNuKer-

-SuPerNuKer- Active Member

early game u don't need to get 2 Pounce.
    lvl1-6: 1 Pounce, 1 Essence Shift, 3 Dark Pact, 1 shadow dance.
    i think u should get Dark Pact maxed first.If u want, 1 Pounce next and max Essence Shift.
  17. TheAmerican

TheAmerican Well-Known Member

I've had more success with just a level of DP. Slark does enough damage as it is. Stats REALLY improve survivability. One level of DP is for obvious reason.
  18. zxdragon12

zxdragon12 Well-Known Member

Single letters for me. p e d p p s p d e d s d e e stats s. I always feel the need for pounce because I don't want them seeing me when I gank or when I need to close the gap
  19. banjkan3

banjkan3 Well-Known Member

Depends really, a point in pounce forsure, a point in statsteal forsure, then you can take a level of darkpact if there're disables you can dodge.

Stats can be really useful on this hero, since levelling darkpact can often do more harm than good, levelling pounce doesn't actually give you much, and, at least early-game, one or two levels on ES is just as effective as 3-4 would be. If you can get 4-5 levels of stats by level 10 or so, then you have ~900-1000 hp rather than 700-800, as well as 10 more agi and lots of bonus mana. Since you spend a good deal of your time right-clicking people, this can actually make a pretty big difference.
  20. andreacirri

andreacirri Well-Known Member

I go pure stat stealing.
    DP just to cancel debuffs
    stats stats ulti