[Sent-Agi]Cordana Felsong, the Warden

Discussion in 'Hero Ideas' started by sunnymarcell, Jun 16, 2011.

1. sunnymarcell

sunnymarcell Banned

[​IMG]
    Warden
    Cordana Felsong

Description: none

[nqb]Background Story:Cordana was Maieve Shadowsong's second in command as she chased the escaped prisoner Illidan through Kalimdor and the Outlands. At first a firm supporter of her commander, Cordana slowly realized how Maieve's obsessive hunger for vengance isolated her from her allies and weakened her power. After Maieve was captured, Cordana led her band of Night Elves to safety. With enemies everywhere, her little band utilized teamwork and unity to survive. Once her friends and allies were returned safely to Night Elf lands she joined the fight against the Scourge, armed with her deadly sharp crescent blade, the magic of Elune, and her knowledge that there's safety - and power - in numbers.
    [/nqb]
    [table][​IMG]|[table]Strength - 19 + [2.1]
    Agility - 26 + [2.6]
    Intelligence - 21 + [1.7][/table][/table]

[table]__[​IMG]|____________[​IMG]
    [table]Affiliation:|Sentinel
    Damage:|52-57
    Armor:|4
    Movespeed:|315
    Starting HP/MP:|511/273
    Attack Range:|125(Melee)[/table]|[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [/table]

[​IMG]

Dash - (Active, Target)
    [table][​IMG]|[table]Type:Point
    Targeting:Enemy, Neutral, Ground
    Hotkey:D[/table]|Cordana dashes forward, dealing damage with her blade. Cordana encourages her allies with the dash, she heals them. Her allies can easily join Cordana, after he dashes in.[/table]

[​IMG]
    [table]|Mana|Cooldown|Range|AoE|Duration|Effects
    1|100|13|400|400|3|100 damage on the target, and 50 heal, 15% MS bonus for your allies
    2|110|12|500|400|3|150 damage on the target and 75 heal, 15% MS bonus for your allies
    3|120|11|600|400|3|200 damage on the target and 100 heal, 15% MS bonus for your allies
    4|130|10|700|400|3|250 damage on the target and 125 heal, 15% MS bonus for your allies[/table]
    [nqb]
    • Damage type: magical
    • Cordana is invulnerable while rushing
    • Your allies receive heal and MS buff in 400 AoE of your starting point
    • Only the primary target receives the damage. If its targetted on ground, no damage dealt.
    • You dont receive the movement speed buff, only the heal.
    • Dash's trail leave a phase trail (like spectre's). Both the trail and the phasability lasts for 5 seconds.
    [/nqb]

Bless of the Warden - (Active, Target)
    [table][​IMG]|[table]Type:Point
    Targeting:Ally, Self
    Hotkey:T[/table]|The Warden blesses a friendly unit, empowering him to fight. Casting range improves per level.[/table]

[​IMG]
    1|75|10|450|250|35|+15 damage, and 10% attack speed. Nearby enemy units stunned for 1 second, and receive 50 damage.
    2|75|10|500|250|35|+20 damage, and 15% attack speed. Nearby enemy units stunned for 1 second, and receive 70 damage.
    3|75|10|550|250|35|+25 damage, and 20% attack speed. Nearby enemy units stunned for 1 second, and receive 90 damage.
    4|75|10|600|250|35|+30 damage, and 25% attack speed. Nearby enemy units stunned for 1 second, and receive 110 damage.[/table]
    [nqb]
    • Damage type: Magical
    • Cordana can target herself
    [/nqb]

Guardian Owls - (Active, Instant)
    [table][​IMG]|[table]Type: Instant
    Targeting: None
    Hotkey: R[/table]|Cordana calls her Owl, to aid her, and her allies in battle.[/table]

[​IMG]
    1|75|40|-|-|25|Summons an Owl.
    2|75|40|-|-|25|Summons an Owl.
    3|75|40|-|-|25|Summons an Owl.
    4|75|40|-|-|25|Summons an Owl. [/table]
    [nqb]
    • The Owl flies, has 320 MS, 250/300/350/400 HP, is magic immune, has a 800/800 vision, and gives 70/80/90/100 gold bounty.
    • The Owl will automatically follow Cordana if no order is given to it.
    • Owl's icon: [​IMG]
    • Owl's aura:
      Protection Aura - (Passive, Aura)
      [table][​IMG]|[table]Type: Passive
      Hotkey: R[/table]|The Owl enlightens his allies' heart by his mighty presence.[/table]

[​IMG]
      1|-|-|-|550|-|+2 armor, 5 HP regeneration
      2|-|-|-|550|-|+4 armor, 7 HP regeneration
      3|-|-|-|550|-|+5 armor, 8 HP regeneration, 10% magic resistance
      4|-|-|-|550|-|+6 armor, 9 HP regeneration, 15% magic resistance [/table]
      [nqb]
      • The aura fully stacks with other auras.
      [/nqb]
    [/nqb]

Safety - (Passive)
    [table][​IMG]|[table]Type: Passive
    Hotkey: E[/table]|The Warden, and her allies can fight better, if they feels themselves in safety.[/table]

[​IMG]
    1|-|-|-|350|-|+15 MS, 15 HP regeneration, 20% damage reduce for her allies in 800 AoE
    2|-|-|-|350|-|+35 MS, 20 HP regeneration, 25% damage reduce for her allies in 800 AoE
    3|-|-|-|350|-|+55 MS, 25 HP regeneration, 30% damage reduce for her allies in 800 AoE[/table]
    [nqb]
    • Justification: When in 350 AoE around you, you have more allied units (including you), than enemy units, you receive the
      buff, you are in "safety". Neutrals doesnt count nor as an enemy, nor as an ally. Towers count 2.
    • Cordana does not receives the 20%/25%/30% damage reduce
    • Her allies only receive the damage reduce
    • It checks every 2 seconds, if she is in safety, or not.
    [/nqb]​
    ==========================================

2011. 06. 16
    -Posted thread
    06. 17
    - Replaced Outburst with Bless of the warden
    - Removed forced synergy from Safety
    - Removed slow and armor reduce from Dash, added MS bonus
    - Tweaked Owl a little bit (removed attack speed aura, but added unclickability)
    - Nerfed Safety on early levels
    - Changed Dash's hotkey
    - Buffed Bless of the Warden's CD, made it autocastable.
    06. 19
    - Added background story
    - Remade Safety
    - Nerfed Bless of the Warden a little
    06. 20
    - Changed Dash's and Bless of the Warden's icon​
    07. 17
    - Buffed Safety
    - Rescaled Dash's damage and heal
    07. 23
    - Nerfed Dash's damage and heal on lvl 2,3,4
    - Bless of the Warden now deals damage to nearby enemy units on cast
    - Removed Bless of the Warden's autocastability
    07. 25
    - Remade Guardian Owl
    08. 01
    - Nerfed Protection Aura's (Guardian Owl's aura) AoE, but improved effects.
    08. 02
    - Tweaked Dash
    - Improved Bless of the Warden's duration
    - Nerfed Dash's mana cost
    - Nerfed Safety

Feel free to comment!

Special thanks to Strutter, for writing the Background story, and made Dash's and Bless of the Warden's icon.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  2. Strutter

Strutter Well-Known Member

Interesting idea with making her more powerful when surrounded by allies (I'm actually working on a hero right now that does exactly the opposite, haha).

I like the first skill, but feel like it does too many things with the stun added by the Ultimate. Is the damage and heal for the units she runs by or at the beginning or end of her dash?

I feel like the second skill just doesn't belong. I don't really see how this synergizes with everything else.

I like the third skill, and the subtle synergy with your ultimate (adds allies).

For the ultimate, I think its overpowered, and it seems kind of redundant with the owls (two basic steroid skills). Obviously you should keep the idea of "safety" since that is core to your hero, but maybe rework things a little bit.

I'll be thinking of a background story suggestion!

3. Lord_Talron

Lord_Talron Well-Known Member

i am a big fan of epic passive ultis. this is not one :(

4. gamerinboxers

gamerinboxers Well-Known Member

Hmm...

Skill 1: Too many things going on imo, you got movement placement, heal, damage, debuff and slow... And how is this skill conceptually fitting to your hero?

Skill 2: A nice skill for tankers, for agi heros? :/

Skill 3: Erm... the owls are really unnecessary... If they just come in and give allies buffs and vision... why even bother with the summons? Seems like its just fancy graphics...

Ulti: B O R I N G.... sorry... but it is... if you are going to make a passive ulti, at least make it interesting or synergy nicely with the other skills.. when I say synergies nicely, it does not mean direct incretive to the other skills, e.g. all your skills double in effect... Basically, what you did is forced synergy instead...

Overall: Skill 1 seems like a Chaser skill on crack with too many effects. Skill 2 seems like a Tanker's skill. Skill 3 seems like a Support skill. and Ulti is just failed... Not sure what direction you are heading with the hero. But at the moment, its a downhill crush potential.

5. sunnymarcell

sunnymarcell Banned

i want her a tank/semi-carry

i see how u both disliked second skill, i replaced it.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  6. ReaC

ReaC Well-Known Member

REVIEW!!!

about the background story, why don't you make it somehow connected to Maieve, the warden in Warcraft?

also, can you specify it's main role please...

1st skill - CHANGE THE HOTKEY OF DASH. there is no such skill in DotA that has a skill which the hotkey is "H", make it "D".

2nd skill - i think it would be much more effective if you lower the cooldwon to about 7-10 and if it's right-clickable

3rd skill - kinda overpowered? has 4 effects(armor,AS,damage bonus and hp regen), i suggest you remove at least 1.

4th skill - very unique skill. although the numbers are too high, lower it a little bit.

t-up. just specify some things about this hero.

7. sunnymarcell

sunnymarcell Banned

thanks. i will review yours too.

8. Strutter

I have some other ideas for you, but here's a background story idea for now.

Cordana was Maieve Shadowsong's second in command as she chased the escaped prisoner Illidan through Kalimdor and the Outlands. At first a firm supporter of her commander, Cordana slowly realized how Maieve's obsessive hunger for vengance isolated her from her allies and weakened her power. After Maieve was captured, Cordana led her band of Night Elves to safety. With enemies everywhere, her little band utilized teamwork and unity to survive. Once her friends and allies were returned safely to Night Elf lands she joined the fight against the Scourge, armed with her deadly sharp crescent blade, the magic of Elune, and her knowledge that there's safety - and power - in numbers.

Hope that works for ya!

Edit: If you don't care about including Maieve in the background, you could probably shorten the story if its too long

9. sunnymarcell

sunnymarcell Banned

this is perfect

i cant tell how much i thank you

10. Strutter

No problem, haha. I'm an English Major so I like that type of stuff. I still have some more suggestions for you; I'll get them to you later today some time.

11. sunnymarcell

sunnymarcell Banned

i changed Safety, as you said, no need for 2 (now 3, cause of Bless of the Warden), so it isnt a steroid spell anymore.

12. Strutter

I like the change to safety. I still feel like something else could be done, but for now its okay. I love the icon for safety, and think the other icons should match it a bit better. Here are a couple options for your iconset.

Dash
    [​IMG]

Warden's Blessing
    [​IMG]

I just recolored the old one for Warden's Blessing, and for Dash I used a picture by 67chrome on Hiveworkshop and recolored/tweaked it.

13. sunnymarcell

sunnymarcell Banned

thanks

both are better, now it fits somewhat the dark "night elf" theme

14. sunnymarcell

sunnymarcell Banned

srsly this thread is so dead, i need to bump it

15. twoeyedyum

twoeyedyum Well-Known Member

And if you target it on enemy unit...? You say nothing about armor or slow actually. Forgot to remove that note?!

16. Sflammable

Sflammable Well-Known Member

agree with the dude!! lol

17. sunnymarcell

sunnymarcell Banned

yep, i forgot it. it had slow and armor reduce, but the others said it would have too much effect (slow, -armor, movement replace, damage, heal), so i removed slow and armor, and gave him bonus MS.

thanks for warning

18. Dalailama

Dalailama Well-Known Member

I like the idea, but the grammar!! THE GRAMMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! OVER 9000 GRAMMAR ERRORS

19. sunnymarcell

sunnymarcell Banned

can you please take some time, to highlight the mistakes, and why is that wrong?

20. kanzakill

kanzakill Well-Known Member

Nothing exceptional but rather solid hero.

Guardian Owls could use an improvement though.