SEAcret

Discussion in 'Competitive Chat' started by Sarvik, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Sarvik

Sarvik Well-Known Member

Puppey bringing in some Korean overlords:
    MP, MidOne, Forev, Puppey, pieliedie

Don't really know what to expect, but considering how bad post TI5 Secret looked on paper, I think Puppey can make this one work too.

2. RandomFlamer

RandomFlamer Well-Known Member

QO should have been mid instead of Midone. Other than that top3 team for sure.

3. Z01d

Z01d Well-Known Member

Puppey should just retire. This is embarrassing. Disbanderino after failing to qualify for the next TI for sure.

4. IHateLeavers

IHateLeavers Well-Known Member

I think Puppey is just overdoing his drafts too much and causing his team to fail. Like they had Universe in the team and couldnt make him work despite his great offlane and team fight skills, that's says a lot about lack of synergy.

You cant just get 5 random top players and expect to do well in most games, because players needs to get used to play style of their teammates, weird drafts, strats, etc.

Im not a fan of constant rooster changes, unless captain is a faggot who insist on doing retarded drafts over and over again, or if there's some inner drama that causes problems.

5. Lama051

Lama051 Moderator

EE+RTZ overlapping their roles too much was issue. Like no other team runs dual #1 for a reason

6. BigBadBossDk

BigBadBossDk Well-Known Member

Puppey have always achieved good results with the exception of the past 4 months. You can't be winning all the time or else everyone should just retire as soon as they start doing bad

7. RisaStoleMyHart

RisaStoleMyHart Well-Known Member

Best hope to my fellow Koreans :)

I know MP said he was open to join a Western team post TI6, and QO apparently got a few invites from Western managers in the TI6 after-party... But this roster is really surprising.

8. Nicolas_Cage

Nicolas_Cage Well-Known Member

Can they speak English tho?

9. RandomFlamer

Puppey and pieliedie are in the process of learning Korean as we speak.

10. JJE92

JJE92 Moderator

Midone can speak English well enough because on Fnatic they spoke in English (DJ can speak neither Malay nor Chinese, so they had to switch to English), they said this on TI at some point. MP and Forev played with Jerax and Black as coach at MVP Hot6, so they should be able to speak English.

11. InThoX

InThoX Well-Known Member

no more memes now. boring team

12. DoM

DoM Well-Known Member

where would that autist play now?

13. RandomFlamer

With Aui in the new C9. He should be content with his second places.

14. 11475

11475 Well-Known Member

Can't believe this.

I don't know what to expect from this team.

15. Jolk

Jolk Well-Known Member

Better than EE's. Their English is seriously pretty good, just watch an interview :)

The real question is: did they get sea players because no top western player wants to play with the next Estonian president anymore? :cat:

16. mrfokker

mrfokker Well-Known Member

They moved to SEA because Secret has had a HUGE fanbase over there since their inception. It is a very smart strategic move.

17. r0xo

r0xo Well-Known Member

This is the only reason could see problems with the team. Other than that they have really good players.

It has been a while since Puppey had consistent tier one performance but I think a lot of it had to do with the team as a whole. But anyway the 3 SEA guys are really really good. MP gets overshadowed by QO but he is still great. And Forev, man that guy is underrated. I am not saying he is the best in the world but he has been a game winner quite often. The same with MidOne, and I can imagine how being under the wing of a very experienced person like Puppey will help him a lot.

First time I have been a real Secret fan since post TI5.

Edit: That last part, nothing to do with their performance of course. Just the players.

18. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Well-Known Member

Korea is not South-East Asia, btw.

19. BetaKey

BetaKey Well-Known Member

then it's SEAcret not SEAcret.

proper nouns still capitalized though :stuart:

20. DoM

DoM Well-Known Member

gj on that correction. you really are a hero louie