Sange: The New Vanguard?

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by .Budi, Sep 24, 2011.

1. .Budi

.Budi Well-Known Member

Lately I figured that Sange is a much better choice (especially for ranged heroes) than Vangurad.

When you take a look at the stats:
    +275 HP
    +6 HP/Sec
    70% 40/20 Damage Block[/nqb]
    +16 STR (=304 HP)
    +10 Damage
    +15% Chance to Maim[/nqb]
    Obviously Vanguard is a little bit better at tanking physical damage and has regeneration, but isn't Sange a much better choice for "offensive" heroes that have low life like for example... every carry?
  2. cairnebloodhoof

cairnebloodhoof Well-Known Member

but isn't better survivability and regen to stay in lane better for heroes with no lane presence for example.... every carry?
  3. .Budi

.Budi Well-Known Member

What. Do you know what carry means? How does Akasha/Weaver/Morphling/Mirana/Nevermore/Viper/etc have no lane presence?
  4. cairnebloodhoof

so that means they should get sange? wtf.
    they're gonna get owned for no regen lol, maybe except morph who is tanky enough.
    seriously, that damage block and 6 regen is far better than +10 damage and 15% chance of triggering a weak slow
  5. Elle'

Elle' Banned

I think he meant farming carries instead of semi carries and ganking carries and such. :)

Viable if you want a bit more hp and offensive capability. Though i'm still leaning toward vanguard with the damage block and regen.
  6. .Budi

.Budi Well-Known Member

This statement is invalid. I tried to write down why you are wrong, but this is just too messed up.

Well, he said "every carry" ^.^
  7. RaidenStorms

RaidenStorms Banned

Obviously Magina with Sange is the way to go. Only noobs rush Vanguard on him.
  8. cairnebloodhoof

w8 have you even stated the reason why it's better than vanguard?
  9. Pwntlolz

Pwntlolz Well-Known Member

there are more items with hp regeneration than a vanguard

anyway, sange just eclipses VG on nearly every ranged carry
    and watch how i turn your argument around, cairne bloodhoof

10. Luffydude

Luffydude Well-Known Member

On melee hard carries like Spectre and Antimage Vanguard is a must , because they need the 40 damage block to survive being focused and they need the regen to stay on lane.

On ranged semi-carries/gankers/chasers like PotM and Razor, since the damage block is only half, Sange is a better choice imo (although PotM can get better DPS items and Razor could get both)
  11. cairnebloodhoof

you got to be kidding me.
    what items?
    seriously, what items? what item that gives survivability and 6 regen at the same time? what? hood?
    10 dmg and 15% slow better than regen and block? trolling I suspect, you need to be reported

turn my argument around lol.
  12. RaidenStorms

RaidenStorms Banned

Sange Razor is still better than Vanguard Razor. 'Nuff said. I don't know why people jizz over regeneration part, its not so superb.
  13. Monsterlord

Monsterlord Banned

Sure is cold in here.

Also, for the nablings; Don't take Cairne seriously. He's "special".
  14. cairnebloodhoof

ughh because if you get sange over vanguard you're going to base very so often?
    and like maim procs 1/100 attacks? and that once it does it doesn't matter anyway compared to basher? dunno with you
  15. JX_Blue

JX_Blue Well-Known Member

Okay, look at it this way. Sange is the offensive version of Vanguard. If you're planning on laning alot where you need the regen, go Vanguard. If you're planning on ganking/killing heroes, get Sange for the Maim. This is especially true for heroes who fit Sange nicely into their item build, such as Razor, Spiritbreaker etc. (Note however, that Sange should never be gotten for Spectre over Vanguard)
  16. Lanther

Lanther Well-Known Member

Truth is,if you are thinking about tower diving,and doesn't need the slow,Vanguard is a much better choice.
  17. Fixthemix

Fixthemix Well-Known Member

+275 HP
    +6 HP/Sec
    70% 40/20 Damage Block[/nqb]
    +16 STR (=304 HP)
    +10 Damage
    +15% Chance to Maim[/nqb]
    [nqb]Vitality Booster:
    +250 HP
    Half the price[/nqb]You only get Vanguard if you also need the regeneration, if you just needed a hp boost, vitality booster is the way to go, not Sange.
  18. LouisAcosta

LouisAcosta Well-Known Member

Luminous much? =)) No. I still prefer Vanguard because the damage block it offers and the hp bonus is greater. It has regen too, and Sange is only good if bought by Strength Heroes for the extra damage. But if I am Shadow Demon, I will get Vanguard.
  19. Floryda

Floryda Well-Known Member

Wrong. Magina needs the damage block and the hp regen
  20. Dalailama

Dalailama Well-Known Member

Depends on the hero.