RUSHING DIVINE ON LEORIC?

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by patrishosho, May 1, 2012.

1. patrishosho

patrishosho Banned

Do you think its viable to stomp pubs??

Edit:

DO YOU THINK ITS VIABLE TO STOMP PUBS??

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  2. SugaSutA

SugaSutA Well-Known Member

As a first item? No.
    After boots? No.
    After core? No.
    As luxury item? No.
    Get it if you went 10:0 in 10 minutes? No.

No.

3. Kahno

Kahno Well-Known Member

No. If they manage to kite you and kill you (and they should), you lose everything. Even an average pub team is skilled enough to isolate and kill a single hero if they have the motivation.

4. Ex_Venomancer

Ex_Venomancer Well-Known Member

it depends on the situation (from my opinion).. if you farm-gank easily and more, you could provide divine to leoric. it does the same to other heroes, too

5. Sentry_ward

Sentry_ward Banned

to get rapier on any hero you need:
    Aegis
    BkB
    heart

6. azurile

azurile Well-Known Member

something like a rushed deso+dagger (a bit more expensive but you know) or something would be much more devastating.

7. TuuumAZ

TuuumAZ Well-Known Member

What would an early divine do that an early radiance can't do better (for a cheaper price as well)?

8. Clam

Clam Well-Known Member

240 more bonus damage maybe?

Its definitely legit in pubs- both times I played Leoric in dota 2 I went for this strat, and both times it was successful. Once you get rapier rosh immediately afterwards, then throne ASAP. As long as you stick with the team you are pretty much invincible.

9. darewin

darewin Well-Known Member

+240 damage on a single hero while rad deals 30 magical damage (after reductions) to all enemy units in a huge aoe and it also does not drop on death. Oh not to mention leoric is melee so... you know the rest.

10. Yoshi-

Yoshi- Banned

Nope only works on range heroes, like clinkz and windrunner

11. SugaSutA

SugaSutA Well-Known Member

Divine is THE SINGLE MOST RELIABLE LARGE SCALE DAMAGE OUTPUT ITEM.

But the risks are simply way too high for anyone to consider buying it, much less rush it.

12. vijju1234567890

vijju1234567890 Well-Known Member

do u ahve refresher and aegis (4 revives)
    can u kill 5 ppl on 4 revives
    yes go
    no practice more

13. CynthiaCrescent

CynthiaCrescent Well-Known Member

The most reliable but high risks?
    K bro

14. patrishosho

patrishosho Banned

Leoric with aegis can carry it without worrying too much. He just needs to stick with him and he'll be fine

My starting items is QB gauntlets tanggos clarities.. My core is Threads then Divine and then Bkb and then buyas much divines as I could.

15. Ontanis

Ontanis Active Member

AGREE

16. Vot1_Bear

Vot1_Bear Well-Known Member

Will only work if all your enemies have less than one brain cell. And if they do, it's much more fun rushing other lolbuilds.

17. Kenshiro

Kenshiro Well-Known Member

+1

CAN DEFINITELY WORK IF LEORIC HAS 3 LIVES OR A VERY SYNCHRONIZED TEAM. THE BIGGEST PROBLEM THOUGH IS THAT YOU'LL BE SITTING ON AT LEAST 2400 GOLD FOR SOME PERIOD OF TIME BEFORE GETTING ANYTHING USEFUL.

I CAN TELL YOU THAT IF I WERE ABLE TO MIMICK KUROKY WITH SHADOW FIEND/BOTTLE/SOUL RING/DIVINE IN A PUB, IT'S CLEARLY DOABLE WITH KING LEORIC !

18. feral_nature

feral_nature Well-Known Member

rushing it no, but it is viable after your core of some boot upg+cheap items+vanguard/armlet(would get vanguard if i`m aiming for a rapier) if your team is decent. getting a +300dmg in decent amount of time like mid-game and your team always moving with you means you shouldnt be losing team fights and in general the idea here i think would be to end the game asap once you get your rapier - you`ll be two hittting people after all.

definitely not very legit in pubs since you`ll need good teamplay to pull it off.

19. JX_Blue

JX_Blue Well-Known Member

Make sure you're too tanky to die and have AT LEAST 3 lives + BKB, otherwise no.

Even then, it's probably not a good idea. The moment your team loses a teamfight, you'll be surrounded 5 v 1, they'll kill you 3 times, and BAM free Divine for them and you lose the game. Even Radiance is a better option for straight out damage.

20. Mazoku

Mazoku Well-Known Member

This will probably only work if you are already stomping the enemy, so i will asuming you are something like 6-0 and owning the mid lane by minute 10.

Personaly i prefer to go for some sort of farming item. A 11-12 minute radiance or Mjolnir helps out much more than a quick divine IMO. The reason why is because mjolnir or radiance will increase your farming and pushing abilities while still making you able to produce an enormous amount of kills.

TL;DR Viable just for the lulz, otherwise no.