[Recommendation] Dota 2 Layout

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by CynthiaCrescent, Jun 20, 2012.

1. CynthiaCrescent

CynthiaCrescent Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Old:
    [​IMG]

Bonus point if you know what this is arranged by.
    Obviously I'm expecting comments & suggestios for improvements, albeit this is more of others than myself.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  2. turtle.slayer

turtle.slayer Well-Known Member

idk . hard carry/ carry(semi)/ gankers(utility)/secondary support/ward bitch?

3. Grubi

Grubi Banned

Swap PA with Lycan.

Group heroes by stat in their respected groups.

4. CynthiaCrescent

δ_δ
    Wat

5. Grubi

Grubi Banned

*attributes str/agi/int

6. VileCat

VileCat Well-Known Member

Idk and Idc by what standards you arranged it, but it sucks. Having big lumps of pictures doesn't maintain order, and you'll spend more time looking for the hero you want than you'd ever wish for.
    Mine isn't perfect since I got to many carries mashed up into one big lump, but than again, I don't play carry very often. Here is mine, everything is separate, and if I find a hero picked from one category, I will usually pick one from a different category, works fine:
    [​IMG]

7. kneelon

kneelon New Member

meow~~

8. CynthiaCrescent

Then I'd rather use the default layout.
    @VileCat: If you don't comprehend then it kinda lost it point, don't you think?

9. Grubi

Grubi Banned

You have 4 groups of 15+ heroes, you should sort them in some way familiar to you, it doesn't have to be by attributes, it can be some other value.

10. CynthiaCrescent

I... think I already did.
    Still, sorting THAT by attributes might seem like a fine idea.

11. bi11y

bi11y Well-Known Member

Heroes I'd move one group to the left: Ursa, Tinker, Sven, Zeus, Seer, Omni.
    Heroes I'd move one group to the right: Kunkka, Bane, Lion, Shaker, Doctor.

12. VileCat

VileCat Well-Known Member

To me, your sorting doesn't look very logical, or consistent. I can see you put carries on the very left side, but for some reason you leave some carries out for no reason. How is for example clinkz, lone druid and sniper more valid as carry than naix and slardar?

And again: Having big lumps together doesn't really maintain order for the mind. If the argument is: You gotta have one from all these groups, than still, you might want it different.

13. CynthiaCrescent

I'm sorry what?
    Also, no bonus points for you.

14. VindicoAtrum

VindicoAtrum Active Member

I don't get these organised layouts. I have about 10 heroes in a line along the bottom, those are the ones I play 90% of the time. The rest of the heroes are all in a big fat block with no ordering whatsoever. Why do they need to be structured, I barely play any of them.

15. SuperSheep

SuperSheep Well-Known Member

Axe under shit that never should be touched? :/

Also why doesn't anyone like the default layout anyways?

16. fremdlaender

fremdlaender Well-Known Member

That system is highly dependant on your lineup.
    For example, I would never run SD as a 4, in certain lineups he's 5 oder 3. Ohter examples come to my mind, too.

+ I'm sceptic about this interface generally... It's a nice addition, however I don't see a reason to 'sort' your heroes in a special way. DotA in general is to complex to pigeonhole (I hope people actually use this expression, never heard it before seeing it on my translator page...) heroes.
    Highlight your heroes, fine, why not?
    Sort heroes according to their role? Meh...

17. CynthiaCrescent

Because it can be customized.
    Honestly, the fact that I myself don't agree with the layout itself in a lot of points simply speak on how a little number of heroes are able to fill the specific position. I mean seriously, have you looked at those numbers?

18. Grubi

Grubi Banned

Over 5 minutes in paint

[​IMG]

Oh and creeps managed to take kill my tree while I was afking, how is that even possible?

19. CynthiaCrescent

^ That list, unfortunately, has no real apparent impact on gameplay nor can it be applied to practically anybody else.

20. Grubi

Grubi Banned

Obviously I don't wanna make it too good or it could get nerfed