Quick Meepo question

Discussion in 'Advanced Mechanics' started by D-REZ, Feb 27, 2011.

1. D-REZ

D-REZ Well-Known Member

I heard that if you activate Blademail when Meepo and his clones hit you all damage that would normally return to the clones goes to the main one. Is it true?

P.S. Sorry if this question is so retarted I have no idea about his clones and haven't gotten really familiar with this marker ability.
  2. darxide

darxide Well-Known Member

I highly doubt the clones have marker.
  3. iKrivetko

iKrivetko Well-Known Member

4. D-REZ

D-REZ Well-Known Member

Thanks. Question answered CAN BE CLOSED.
  5. EebstertheGreat

EebstertheGreat Forum Manager

For future reference, the marker ability belongs only to wards, siege units, and all dummy units, as well as heroes under the effect of certain invulnerability spells.
  6. Varuka

Varuka Well-Known Member

And couriers (both flying and un-upgraded), all techies mines, psionic traps, tombstone, scarabs (Urna), beetles (the swarm), and fountain.

Most non-dummy units with marker can be found in this list:
    Unit Statistics - DotA Mechanics

The big exception being things like Puck in phase shift.
  7. D-REZ

D-REZ Well-Known Member

Wow. That actually was a big help. The link somehow confuses me but never mind I think I understand it now, at least a bit.
  8. -VigRouX-

-VigRouX- Well-Known Member

If Siege unit has marker ability, Why is it destroyed by KotL's Illumination and not other spells?
  9. qoou

qoou Well-Known Member

Because KotL's illuminate has no problem with damaging mechanical units. Those other spells are not powerful enough for the magic of modern technology.
  10. kino.no.tabi

kino.no.tabi Well-Known Member

Don't forget pugna's blast
  11. chick3nfist

chick3nfist Well-Known Member

Does meepo's illusions contribute to geostrike stacks?
  12. D-REZ

D-REZ Well-Known Member

I don't think so. Skadi on illusions gives the frost tint on the target but it doesn't slow the target.
  13. chick3nfist

In this case, was the skadi is ranged/melee mode?
    Were the illus ranged/melee?
    Is this post-6.71?

iirc, 6.71 is the ver where IF fixed range/melee abuse.
  14. D-REZ

D-REZ Well-Known Member

Melee Skadi will not even place the buff on the target, whereas ranged will place it butt will have no effect, except from the change in the tint.
  15. chick3nfist

And from the way Skadi works we can infer that meep's illus don't add to geostrike stacks?
  16. D-REZ

D-REZ Well-Known Member

Just tested it. Buff will apply from Geomancer's illusions but it will not slow, despite the visual effect.
  17. chick3nfist

Sorry to have to make you do the test, but will things turn out different if a real meepo places a buff on the target first?
  18. D-REZ

D-REZ Well-Known Member

Don't be sorry, forums are for people who volunteer for help. I test this out as well and no, only the slow from the real Meepo will count. And I didn't notice any pseudoslows (like pseudobashes).
  19. chick3nfist

ah yes i was thinking about pseudobashes. Thanks much, man.