Putin is now officially president.

Discussion in 'World News & Debates' started by FF_MikeRoch, May 8, 2012.

1. FF_MikeRoch

FF_MikeRoch Well-Known Member

What moves will he take to rush the highly demanded Russian servers?
  2. TwoHourMotel

TwoHourMotel Well-Known Member

Stupid thread is stupid. go back to random chat.
  3. Shizzy-

Shizzy- Well-Known Member

4. Adun

Adun Well-Known Member

He will upgrade the servers to run at 140% capacity. Or increase them by 40%. Or something like that.

Oh, and see you (this thread) again in Random Chat.
  5. FF_MikeRoch

Russia is expending its use of the internet for the improvement of the nation. They even have a site where people can write about corruption or laws that did not take effect like promised. (Russia is a big country after all)

Have you not noticed this trend with Medvediv and his blog/twitter posts?

Problem is, not everyone has access to the internet in Russia. And those who will benefit the most from said website will not be able to access the internet.

Thank you for being an idiotic troll and failing to respond with at least a well formulated criticism. Please visit random chat, where you can dwell in stupidity much similar to yours.
  6. CynthiaCrescent

CynthiaCrescent Well-Known Member

This is my face now: o-o
  7. Adun

Adun Well-Known Member

I did not see that coming. My apologies for joining the bandwagon. Your statement seemed to imply that you were talking about DotA 2.

But doesn't Putin have other interests than this? This is now his third term as president, and he's been prime minister before, and thousands are protesting the fact that he's been in power so long and not making life better for many parts of society despite Russia's growth.
  8. FF_MikeRoch

Well, he does press down hard on a lot of government officials in the farther regions who end up not following the new rules and regulations Moscow puts out.

And honestly, my take on the people being upset at his long power in the government is either young hearts wanting to become rebels or people being pressed by the West to start another colored revolution.
  9. TwoHourMotel

ok... The way you set up the initial post it looked like it was just another random chat post -_-;

You know, it wouldn't kill you to post at least one news article or a video to your post, instead of starting with a stupid joke. And then to attack me, for a misunderstanding you caused really undermines your post.
  10. FF_MikeRoch

Kk im sorry baby! <3
    Couldnt find a good article in English :/
  11. Sasho1233

Sasho1233 Well-Known Member

Well, the fact that he has had such a long time in power and didn't change anything could only mean that he doesn't want to. As much as politicians blame others for their lack of action if they wanted to do something they would have done it. And by do something I don't mean simply follow rules and regulations. In countries like Russia (former Soviet countries) current establishments aren't bent on making things better rather than filling in their own pockets. The Russian election scam doesn't go far from it.
  12. DmLucifer

DmLucifer Well-Known Member

Or maybe it's people who realize that rather benevolent (but incedibly corrupt) dictatorship is still a dictatorship.
  13. Glac1al

Glac1al Well-Known Member

Oh god, at first I thought this is a troll thread. Don't know what to say.
  14. FF_MikeRoch

I thought there was change. One thing I could tell you, is that other countries no longer overlook Russia when making big decisions like they did in the 90s.
  15. Idioticus

Idioticus Well-Known Member

He's not the hero they deserve, but the hero they need.

Benevolent dictatorship is what everyone wants and needs, though it's almost impossible to get one. Putin may not be entirely clean, but atleast he stands up to even the poorer russians.
    As long as Putin does a good job, he'll remain in office.
  16. SDPxitro

SDPxitro Well-Known Member

I don't get all the hate towards Putin. Since he came to power, Russia's nominal GDP went up 6 fold, PPP GDP doubled, average monthly salaries went up 7 fold, mass growth across all sectors, and the lowest national debt of all the G20 nations. Why would the Russians vote for someone else? If we had a leader with the same report card here in Canada, he would win every election by a landslide too.
  17. TwoHourMotel

18. Ali Radicali

Ali Radicali Well-Known Member

I want to start off by saying that I'm not particularly well-informed about Russia's current or very recent economic situation. That having been said, i'm still kind of skeptical about these figures. First of all, I'd like to know whose numbers those are; whether they come from the Kremlin or from neutral third parties.

Secondly, I'd be careful about attributing all the growth to putin. After the fall, Russia was in a slump for about a decade, and while you could argue that it was putin's brialliant statemanship that brought them out of it, you could also argue that the two are unrelated, and Putin is simply benefiting from an economic growth that would have occurred anyway once Russia got back into the world economy.
  19. SDPxitro

SDPxitro Well-Known Member

Well, the data comes from several sources, International Monetary Fund, CIA World Factbook

"Average wages rose eightfold during Putin's eight years as president, from roughly $80 a month to $640, and GDP sixfold"

I don't know how or where these organizations get their numbers, but I think it is pretty evident that there was major economic growth since Putin came to power. Of course, not everything is perfect, as there is still high inflation, and the Russian economy is heavily dominated by commodities such as natural gas and oil. Now, efforts are being made to transition the economy to a more technology and innovation driven one, but so far with little success.

It's true that it's difficult to tell what exactly was the cause of this growth, the increasing energy prices certainly played a major role. However, there is a major transition from Yeltsin's Russia, where oligarchs owned all major Russian companies, to Putin's Russia, where Putin established state control over companies such as Gazprom and Rosneft. http://russiaprofile.org/politics/a1187177738.html
  20. Ali Radicali

Ali Radicali Well-Known Member

That raises another point thouhg: the legality of the way the government muscled the leaders of gazprom out of the way and took over remains dubious AFAIK.