Pros used to getting kicked?

Discussion in 'Competitive Chat' started by mapdesigner, Sep 1, 2016.

1. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Well-Known Member

Hello guys,

First time I heard that arteez left EG I felt upset and hated him and all (was first time I watch TI). Then I realized that players change team every now and then: prolly after every major or every year or whatever.

Now everytime a player is changed all this drama talks saying (AAAAAAH PAPPY BETRAYER ETC ETC) when puppey replaced misery and w33 last time after shanghai. Same when EG replaced AUI

However, as I saw lot of such incidents, I am now having a feeling that pros dont actually care much about it and just move on to find new team or stop playing

I know its not too nice to get kicked cuz your bad at something, but well...

its the same thing in football (or succor ball) isnt it? players change team anyway, whats the big deal; whether you dont want the team or the team dont want you; be it skill or manners that doesnt get along, leave and move on, whats the big deal?

2. RandomFlamer

RandomFlamer Well-Known Member

Two things matter.

1. Emotional attachment. Moonmeander for example was all about the power of friendship, this is why he became butthurt when he got kicked.

2. Deadlines. Kicking someone a few days before the deadlines is a scummy move. This is why the w33/misery kick was much worse than the aui one.

Everything else is business as usual.

3. IHateLeavers

IHateLeavers Well-Known Member

It's that childish behaviour when people think that once they change their team everything will be better and there will be problems at all.

Thing is that creating good synergy between new teammates always takes some time and teams who keep their roster longest usually got the most consistent performance. Just look at Navi between T1-T3, sure they had some ups and downs, but they were always in the top during big events.

4. Nicolas_Cage

Nicolas_Cage Well-Known Member

Moon didn't get butthurt when he was kicked. He wanted a more serious team to play with.

5. RandomFlamer

Oh yes he was butthurt, I gathered that much after reading about his interview. But if the kick did also make him a better player - much power to him.

6. RisaStoleMyHart

RisaStoleMyHart Well-Known Member

If you're a big name, getting kicked is not the end of the world because you have connections. But i can empathize with those who feel betrayed or feel unfairly kicked or something. But in the end, it's just business.

Moon won't have trouble finding a new team since there are not as many tier 1 offlaners who are currently available. Been a big fan of Moon even during his [DRD] and [tDM] days in HoN, but i don't think he was a superb offlaner for OG. The game of his career was probably the Earthshaker game vs EG.

7. Nicolas_Cage

Nicolas_Cage Well-Known Member

He already get in DC replacing Moo.

8. mapdesigner

but some ppl were making drama about moo getting kicked (u did like pappy did to u they say)

but did moo even get buthurt. maybe they kicked him because he wasnt the best offlaner in the world (I saw his doom game he didnt do shit)

so they wanted someone who can pick other than one hero

so maybe they told him that and kicked him for it. Why would he feel betrayed? this is just how it is and it is true, even if it is not very nice

isnt it like if you hire driver at shop in Newyork and he cannot drive in very crowded city, and then you fire him. ofc he want his job, but he just cant do it properly

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Also, sometimes players leave their team cuz their team is bad too, right? so there can be drama too that player X abandoned his team

9. r0xo

r0xo Well-Known Member

I think being upset is normal when you are kicked from a good team, knowing you now have to hope for an equally good one. Moon might have found a better one now, but its still that stress for a while.

And that emotional connection as well, and of course the feeling of rejection and questions of "am I good enough".

10. RandomFlamer

What universe did to secret, lmao

11. ark-eXodia

ark-eXodia Well-Known Member

Basically this

synergy beetwen each players was important

like x players had a very good synergy with his 4 teammates , nice teamwork, good attitude and such then suddenly he got kicked because y player was a much better player than x player and they kicked the x player.

y player then even though had higher skill, can't adapt/doing good team work with his team synergy, with many variables like his playstyle don't match with his team tactic/such, or he had different opinion with his other team and resulted in mistrust and etc.

example : Universe on secret

people say he was best offlaner or great, but in secret i guess he can't adapt on it and had issue with the team synergy playstyle.

12. Sarvik

Sarvik Well-Known Member

Moon was massively butthurt. I listened to his interview, it was clear that he had bought into whole friendship and rainbows BS, and had a really rude awakening then it all turned out to be just a business. He even demanded OG to publicly say that they kicked him, just to make it clear for everyone that he had not left on his own.

13. Animus2280

Animus2280 Well-Known Member

It's just esports -> chase short-term $$ goals.

Give some props to people like Dendi/Loda (even though they're mediocre compared to most pros and even most 7k+ pubstompers) for sticking to their teams for so long.

14. BigBadBossDk

BigBadBossDk Well-Known Member

oh please everyone was flaming PPD and portraying him as Hitler for kicking precious Aui even though he was given plenty of time to find a team.

15. RandomFlamer

I was talking about the players feelings because the thread is about players and how they are used to getting kicked by now? Aui was sad because he left the strongest team in the world at that time and was a little too vocal about it, thats all.

16. Sarvik

Sarvik Well-Known Member

Well, they probably just don't have any better options nowadays. I am not sure that stability in mediocrity is particularly admirable.

17. mapdesigner

dont think anyone cared much. at least not as much fuss as it was for pappy + misery + moo.

Maybe I say this just because I didnt notice aui getting kicked until year later :p

18. Amiscar

Amiscar Well-Known Member

The big deal is that sport teams make their changes to improve the team, or to make some money. Dota 2 change roosters to me just show how unprofessional and even stupid most Dota 2 captains are. Friendship and egotistic behaviour have no place in the so called competitive scene. EG changing their line up despite winning the TI was the nail in the coffin for me.

19. Blarrg

Blarrg Well-Known Member

Universe was the worst performing player on Secret during the time he was on the team.

20. RandomFlamer

And made them play with Bulba, another offlaner too heavy to carry.

But honestly I think Secret's problems come from Puppy's shit captaining more than anything else.