[Passive] Void Barrier

Discussion in 'Ability Ideas' started by Ety, May 4, 2012.

1. Ety

Ety Well-Known Member

[NQB][TABLE=old][​IMG]|[TABLE=old]
    Void Barrier

[TABLE]Skill Type:|Passive[/TABLE][/TABLE]|The <hero> radiates powerful dark energy which renders nearby enemy units unable to cast spells. Upon taking damage, the effect fades.[/TABLE]

[​IMG]
    [TABLE=old]Level||
    Mana Cost​
    ||
    Cooldown​
    ||
    Casting Range​
    ||
    Area of Effect​
    ||
    Duration​
    ||
    Allowed Targets​
    ||
    Effects​

1​
    ||
    N/A​
    ||
    N/A​
    ||
    N/A​
    ||
    450​
    ||
    N/A​
    ||
    Enemy​
    ||
    Prevents nearby enemy units from casting spells. The passive is disabled for 6 seconds upon taking damage.​

2​
    ||
    N/A​
    ||
    N/A​
    ||
    N/A​
    ||
    450​
    ||
    N/A​
    ||
    Enemy​
    ||
    Prevents nearby enemy units from casting spells. The passive is disabled for 5.5 seconds upon taking damage.​

3​
    ||
    N/A​
    ||
    N/A​
    ||
    N/A​
    ||
    450​
    ||
    N/A​
    ||
    Enemy​
    ||
    Prevents nearby enemy units from casting spells. The passive is disabled for 5 seconds upon taking damage.​

4​
    ||
    N/A​
    ||
    N/A​
    ||
    N/A​
    ||
    450​
    ||
    N/A​
    ||
    Enemy​
    ||
    Prevents nearby enemy units from casting spells. The passive is disabled for 4.5 seconds upon taking damage.​
    [/TABLE]

Notes
    • Only hero or Roshan damage is counted.
    [/NQB]
    This is a simple ability and probably boring, but it's a strong counter to gamebreaking initiators like Tide, Enigma or ES.
    That's why I suggested it.

Any constructive feedback is appreciated :santa:

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  2. iGhOsT.East

iGhOsT.East Well-Known Member

I love the idea tremendously but 8 seconds might be a bit much. I can see this as synergizing really well with something....I don't know what though. I'm quite interested in seeing a whole hero with this spell.

3. Ety

Ety Well-Known Member

Yeah it kinda is, I'll change it to 6 seconds
    Yeah a nice synergy would be getting ghost scepter and just walk around AM :ninja:
    I don't really like to bother thinking about a whole hero concept, so I just posted this single ability which all of a sudden crossed my mind.

Can't get the thought out of my head that similar ability has been suggested before..

4. eminimax

eminimax Well-Known Member

Wait, who needs to take damage before the passive is disabled? The hero itself or the enemy hero who is silence?

Though i like the counter-initiation concept of thy skill. T-UP

5. Dzin-Zakk

Dzin-Zakk Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the re-engage duration scaling with level.

Nice concept: simple, effective, useful, exquisite.

6. vijju1234567890

vijju1234567890 Well-Known Member

Good spell and that alos without being imba.
    Thats wat we need but yea synergy with ghost scepter is amazing :D:

7. Vot1_Bear

Vot1_Bear Well-Known Member

The AoE increase is negligible, try giving it another scaling aspect so that it's worth leveling.
    Other than that though, It's a brilliant skill. Simple, yet unique and effective.

8. Ety

Ety Well-Known Member

Tweaked the scaling.

Thank you all.

9. Inreet

Inreet Banned

As was said above try to create a whole hero. Currently the olny I can say is that this skill would be gamebreaking in the right hands.

10. Ety

Ety Well-Known Member

Any hero with radiance shuts down this skill permanently. So I don't think it would be gamebreaking in any way.

I may create a whole hero out of it later.

11. Inreet

Inreet Banned

Gamebreaking doesn't mean it has no counter. Just imagine this hero with Lothar's in teamfight.

12. Ety

Ety Well-Known Member

By that logic any invisible hero with a mass disable is gamebreaking in teamfights.

And Lothar's is an auto-reveal item on such hero anyway, because the enemy will immediately know he's near. If they are dumb enough not to carry dusts/gem, that's another story.

450 AoE isn't much anyway. You will hardly cover all 5 enemy heroes with it.

13. Linux_Xp

Linux_Xp Well-Known Member

6 or 4.5 not too much reason to max skill. Better from 6 > 3 (# sec like dagger it's normal and usefull)

t-up for concept

14. Vot1_Bear

Vot1_Bear Well-Known Member

^I kinda disagree. Having an automatic silencing aura every 3s is quite imbalanced as it's pretty hard to keep you damaged. Just think about restoring dagger or heart in teamfights.

15. rHic25

rHic25 Active Member

hmmm...
    an aoe silence.... its quite good considering that it only has a small aoe.... long ranged will keep that skill shut down right? so it means that long ranged carries can counter this skill.... nevertheless i like it... needs to be in a hero to make it clearer i guess