[OFFICIAL] Graphics Team application thread

Discussion in 'Studio D'Art' started by Sasky, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Hex-

Hex- Well-Known Member

● Reason for joining: I've been on a sig making spree recently for the PlayDotA Fan Fiction & Literature members (you'll know its my sig if it has PDFF in one of the corners), i've been a sig maker for a while, 2006 i think i started making them, but i took a break of like, 2 years because my computer broke and i had no real motivation to make them. I started again recently, and the first sig i made was the one i'm currently using, followed by Lucky's, Craxuans, Dzinks and Kianas.

Anyway, i want to join because i may not be the best at making signatures but making them regularly will help me improve by a lot, and given that i want to do Graphic Design when i leave school, it would help me out a lot out of PlayDotA.

● Photoshop/sig making experience: Been making since 2006, didn't have a lot of help so a lot of the things i came up with weren't all that good (i was addicted to the bevel tool :p). Lost everything of that when my old PC broke down, but now back into it. Made sigs for myself, Kiana, Luckyisthename, Dzin-Zakk and Craxuan over at PDFF.

● Examples of your works: In order of which i created them...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  2. hotSnow

hotSnow Well-Known Member

Reason for joining - I want to kill time alongside wanting to further develop and discover my proficiency in making not just tags but for large pieces as well.

Photoshop/sig making experience - About three years by now so I'm quite knowledgeable about the interface of the program and had since developed some potential techniques as you can see that below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  3. TheTrickster2

TheTrickster2 Well-Known Member

- Reason for joining
    I enjoy making sigs and want to improve. I have time to make several sigs daily most of the time. With the exception being midterm week, finals week, etc. It seems that most of the graphics crew is pretty busy and having a hard time keeping up with requests, and I would like to help.

- Photoshop/sig making experience
    My first time working with PS was in April, I made like 7 sigs then had to uninstall, I reinstalled just recently and am planning on sticking with it for quite a while. So really I only have a few weeks experience.

- Examples of your works (5-7 should be fine)
    http://www.playdota.com/forums/396545/thetricksters-portfolio/

4. Kriegskanzler

Kriegskanzler Well-Known Member

I would like to apply as a member of the graphics team.

Reason for joining:
    I've been making a lot of sigs and banners lately, and though it is a mere hobby, I thought going one step further with it could help me improve. The main reason I'm joining though, is to help out PD members with their requests. I've been asked by a PD member lately if I could do a sig for him. I said I am not allowed, since I am not a member of the graphics team in PD. So I thought, if I could join here, then I could probably help such PD members out with the humble talent that I have, and perhaps, by doing this on a regular basis, then it could help me improve on my skills.

Sig-making experience:
    I've recently installed Ps about two weeks ago, and am still studying it out, learning its processes. I'm more akin to using GIMP, and have been doing so for the past 8-9 months.

Examples of your works:
    My whole journey and its improvement as a sig-maker is detailed in this thread - Krieg Kanzler's Portfolio, where you can find my very first work to the last. Not including some other banners I've made for Complete The Ability All-Stars, Complete the Hero 15 (Threads in the Suggestion Forum) and Epics and Legends Writing Battle 3, 4 and 6. (Thread in FF & Lit forum). I've placed the links so that you could also check the banners there.

Thank you very much for the kind consideration. :D

5. Lotus V Eater

Lotus V Eater Well-Known Member

can join too?

reason to join: maybe my artwork isn't that great, but i like to improve myself to be the best among the best. i would like to learn a new trick from some of you guys and i like to play with my Photoshop.

experience: actually, i was one of the member in infamous DotA blog, which is DotA Strategy. i start my sig making career at that site and a get a lot of feedback about my signature. and at this PlayDotA.com, i'm lucky enough cause someone realize that i have talent in this thing and i have been requested to make banner/winning banner for 2 version of CTH already. i've also taking a sig request from one member in PlayDotA.com

Examples:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. carlvic

carlvic Graphics Crew

Reason for joining:
    Hi my new application form... as you know im active and i do sigs and stuff like that..
    i also do photo editing, video editing and traditional art :)

Photoshop/Sig making Experience:
    1.5? idk i lost count :)

Examples of yer works:
    first of all my portfolio:
    http://www.playdota.com/forums/177297/carlvic-here/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :)
    :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

7. id820

id820 New Member

I know my english suxballs, but my gfx skills are pretty good, ehehe
    Reason for joining
    Well, i dont have much to say, i would like to join the staff to be exact hehe, but thats not possible at the moment, and im not an active forum member, thats why im applying for "unofficial" graphic team, i would like to help members without Graphic knowledge, and who knows, maybe, join the official team to help with the game GFX, like logo and stuff :), sorry, but im Brazilian, and my english suxballs.
    Photoshop/sig making experience
    I started making stuff on photoshop back on 2005, TBC times i think, ye, world of warcraft addicted hehe, and then, couple years later, like hm.. 2007, i started reading about flash, but im better with photoshop stuff, flash is nice, but i dont have patience to read more about AS, etc.
    Examples of your works
    Well, i think you should visit my portfolio, id820 , im going to post some works here anyway, just for example:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Champ

Champ Well-Known Member

Reason for joining - Enjoy working with photoshop and designing signatures. I would like to help the graphic forum because its been kinda of slow with new stuff and I feel like I could be a good asset to the community.

Photoshop/sig making experience - Had photoshop since i was in 7th grade and I just graduated high school so I have a lot experience with it.

Examples of your works (5-7 should be fine) - ChampArt on deviantART

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  9. [AirCoN]

[AirCoN] Well-Known Member

Delete.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  10. D.ar

D.ar Member

- Reason for joining
    I want to join because I'm working a lot with Photoshop + Illustrator, and I think I can help. :)
    I'm making sigs since June 2008.
    Check em' on my devArts-
    Daskalot on deviantART
    ZikaGFX on deviantART

11. Gabriel_5991

Gabriel_5991 Well-Known Member

- Reason for joining: I love to work in photoshop with alot of different people and make requests to them so I can skill my PS skills, in the future I plan in use my Photoshop abilities to something useful-

- Photoshop/sig making experience: I started to hang around in photoshop like 5-6 years ago for fun and started to learn. Last 2 years I actually started earn money from that, nothing big but thats awesome considering I enjoy doing it.

- Examples of your works (5-7 should be fine): Going to post only Signature/Avatars:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. morelamb

morelamb Well-Known Member

hello, i am a highschool student, i've been watching this forum for quite some time. it was just recently that i had realised how unactive the art forum is, especially with such the huge community of dota. i was pretty busy in school, but now i am free, and before i get into my final years of school, i want to express my creativity.
    i started using photoshop when i was a kid since 2006 (on and off), i was the typical sig making, stick animating kid. i have matured in the past years, especially with my goal to become a better artist (working towards a design career, :cool1:). i've been a graphics mod on a gaming forum, back in early 2009. it had a active graphics community. i stopped modding because of stress and school.
    my creative goals have changed in the past months, ive been pondering my future, self-identity and life. i believe in high quality art, with actual appeals to aesthetics and concept, and i despise the low benchmark/standardization, that "graphikz sigmakers" have set for the internet.

here is some of my work.
    recent -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i have to hunt down some work, as i reformatted last month.
    2010 -[​IMG]
    2009 -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2008 -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  13. nipchinkdog

nipchinkdog Well-Known Member

- i would like to apply as a member of the Gfx Team.PASSION is my only reason why i am capable of doing great things for it if given a chance..

- regarding my work/skills/gift....because i love what i am doing..averything comes out makes there is heart on it..please check my work.

- please check my work here: nipchinkdog production
    currently i made this [​IMG]
    and Kanal von DotaCinema - YouTube official logo..

14. 0120012345

0120012345 Member

- Reason for joining

I came here for DotA themed artworks for inspiration, was lurking back in 2009 and observing the posted artworks here. But actually I kinda forgot I was registered here so this is my comeback haha. I adhere to be active if ever I will be chosen, rather I didn't see post count as a requirement ;)

Almost four years, started at the most humble beginnings
    Been the head graphics moderator on the official forums of Bleach vs One Piece (BvO) and some other minor forums

[​IMG]

My actual latest back in early 2011 (around February, this is a request)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My HDD got wiped back on 2009 or 2010 I think, so if you need, proof I managed to upload some PSD because someone was suspicious of my works on some old forum and demanded screenshots of PSDs. So if you need the screenshots I'd be glad to give them, sorry but that's all I have for now as proof but I would be happier to take on requests :) I dont even expect to get into the team on the first try since my post count is rather low but I'll prove my worth as time goes by :)

15. AvunaOs

AvunaOs Well-Known Member

Hi there, I would like to take part in this crew.

Reason: I've been contributing a lot to the HoN community, but in the last year it went very aggresive, so I left all stuff regarding HoN. So I'm back at the DOTA community, this was always my place, should never had left this forum.
    Basicaly over the time I've been in HoN signature making I learned a lot (lightning, rendering, blending, effects, coloring, etc) so I would love to be part of a graphics crew :)

PS Skills and Examples: You can find both on my portfolio.

16. larkan111

larkan111 Active Member

- Reason for joining:
    Well im not a pretty active person when it comes to posting and i have not been interested in these forums on the 09 but now its all cool, My main reason for joining is to give some of my spare time to contribute in these forums using my skills in terms of "graphics.
    Ive been using photoshop for 1.5 years and have been tagging since.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. J1Tah

J1Tah Well-Known Member

- Reason for joining honestly? one of my fav gfx websites went down, and i've been looking for replacement. i am also intrested in running SOTW!
    - Photoshop/sig making experience really experienced, years now. i also study graphical design

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

that's it basically. also my deviantart includes some of my sigs :> (most early works are in my photobucket, im too embarrased to post URL here...)

18. Fate Trap

Fate Trap Well-Known Member

- Reason for joining: Because of the lack of Graphic Crew and Member requests need to be cleaned, also I like making tags.
    - Experience: Started seriously learning from this January.
    - Examples: Here.

19. AndroidPron

AndroidPron Well-Known Member

- Reason for joining: I just love creating pictures. And I think thats all I need to join.
    - Photoshop/sig making experience Well I'm using PS since 1 1/2 years now. Teached myself with YT tutorials.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]