[OFFICIAL] Graphics Team application thread

Discussion in 'Studio D'Art' started by Sasky, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Choixma

Choixma Well-Known Member

Reason for joining:
    I like making new sigs a lot. That's basically it. The requests give me guidelines to follow so I have to develop certain areas of photoshop.

Photoshop/Sig making Experience:
    About a year or year and a half all up. Not quite sure of the exact time.

Examples of my work:

- Newest Ones

- Older Ones (you might need a login for this one... if so, just ask and ill post them up here.)

I wasn't originally going to apply for the team atm. Just wanted to get right back into it and get known a bit first, but I thought I might as well have a shot and see what happens.

2. Moridin239

Moridin239 Well-Known Member

Understand that this thread is meant for applications to join and only that. Please do not advertise your or any other application by urging us to add him/her to the GFX crew. This is not supposed to be a chat log. We know exactly who are the best candidates...so we don't really need encouragement.

3. Choixma

Choixma Well-Known Member

I think the real issue here is the lack of response. I dont know about other people, but I would like a response saying 'hey not this time try again later' or something along those lines. I mean, maybe all of you guys in the sig team nead your own discussion forum like there used to be on the old dota forums, so that it isnt all just up to wyk to do. That way, you can all converse on your thoughts about said applicants and even anything else sig team related that you like. it would be locked to general members of course (i guess you would need a rank too, but that shouldnt be too hard), and the graphics crew would have their private discussion place.

Long story short, i dont care if im not in the graphics crew ever, and im sure most people dont care if they are either, but it would be nice to be told :), so i suggest a graphics crew/sig team discussion area.

4. Wyk

Wyk Forum Manager

- There is a Graphic Conf for the Crew.
    - Everytime a member is chosen, they are put to vote and opinion.
    - Everyone can't be a member of the Crew.
    - Like Ignis pointed out, if you're not replied to, either the selections have not been done yet or your proposal has been rejected.
    - Let the applications be there coz they will come in handy when we are recruiting and that is always announced right here on this thread.

5. SoulSlayer

SoulSlayer Well-Known Member

Application for PlayDotA GFX Team.

Reason for joining
    Until now i was using Photoshop only for fun.I think to start my way as a pro.In the GFX crew i would be able to take a lot of different request .
    So helping the community will help me become better artist.
    Experience In Photoshop:
    I hate to lie.I dont know how long am i making stuff with PS.I think of myself as a novice ,because every day i learn something new about art.
    Examples of my work can be seen on : inkabl3 on deviantART

10x for reading :)

6. コクーン

コクーン Banned

- Reason for joining
    I really love art and would really like to learn straight from the masters. I have lots of free time on the weekends and adequate time on the weekdays to be active too :3
    - Photoshop/sig making experience
    I started out about early to mid 2008. I had a great friend and mentor then, but now I, sadly, work alone :< Hey another reason to join!
    - Examples of your works (5-7 should be fine)
    I made a good contribution for the hero userbar database

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I get accepted, awesome! If not, I understand. ^_^

7. Wyk

Wyk Forum Manager

Choixma and Amergin's Cola have been added to the Graphics Crew.
    Lancerlove and Daily Vitamin have been removed on request.

8. carlvic

carlvic Graphics Crew

Reason for joining:
    I love sig making. It takes over a lot of my free time and also expands my knowledge in sig making. And I also love to help those in need of sigs. I also can make an icon or two.

Estimate of about 1 year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (my favorite^^)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I get accepted then wow. And i can hone my skills better. I do wish i get accepted to help more.

edit: Added more samples and put it on a spoiler tag.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  9. NitroSkim

NitroSkim Well-Known Member

Reason for joining
    To help the members have awsome sigs because I have plenty of free time (even though classes will start I really dont study my lessons but I am in the 1st section)^_^
    Photoshop/sig making experience
    5 Months But I can prove more
    Examples of your works (5-7 should be fine)
    http://www.playdota.com/forums/185169/my-portfolio/

10. Destiny

Destiny Graphics Crew

Reason for joining:
    I like to help those who are in need of some tips...BUT i can't tolerate spoonfed advices though and granting gfx requests is something i (greatly) relish. I admit that time is also my problem here but i think in a quarter semester university where i currently enrolled...time manage is part of my daily life........oh and i can pm wyk on facebook to let him know if i'll go away temporary.
    Photoshop/sig making experience
    i start photoshop-ing since 2007 or 2008 until now.
    Examples of your works (5-7 should be fine)
    Basically im not into signatures...but i can still do some signatures anyway
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. RoCrox

RoCrox Well-Known Member

Reason to join:
    Have a lot of spare time now at the summer brake, also i think im qualified for this since i got the experience and knowledge in PS, illustrator and overall art knowledge. Also i think i might get over my laziness to provide the materials (tho ppl need to learn to use google)... srsly, but other than that always glad to help or give a decent critic or sudgestion if needed.

Making stuff in ps about 3 years, and making sigs about the same time on other graphic communities.

Examples of my work:

- Nupheine @ DeviantArt

- My profilo here

- My seecret profilo

Im outta here

*rocrox uses* :dagger:

12. Bardenne

Bardenne Well-Known Member

- Reason for joining:
    I just read the post that only graphic crew members can take on request so i went lol wtf why? and i decided to apply :), i want to make cute sigs for people on Pd.

About 3 years of Photoshop, also an advanced motion designer with experience on After Effects, Flash, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Cinema4d.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thats all i think :>

13. Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura Well-Known Member

Reason for joining:
    I like to do request for people. And the most important thing is I love photoshop.

New to photoshop, 4-5 months experience.

Examples of my work:

http://www.playdota.com/forums/271253/yb-gallery/ (my gallery)

14. Quiesce

Quiesce Well-Known Member

Hello, I'd like to apply for the Graphics Team!

~ Reason for joining ~

I'd like to experience the different art styles that I'm seeing in the PlayDota forums. It seems like a diverse group!

This will also help me in my future endeavors in Signature Making. I'm a student of the ThroneIt art community, so I've learned a bit.

~ Photoshop/sig making experience ~

Maybe 2 months worth of this, and a few works.

~ Examples of your works ~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm nothing amazing, but I hope to learn a lot from just being immersed in the community here.

15. Wyk

Wyk Forum Manager

Changes - August 2010

Removed:
    Black.Lotus
    King_Of_Banditz
    Moridin239

Added:
    GiantEnemyCrab
    Zannara

16. Black.Lotus

Black.Lotus Well-Known Member

Well... as you wish... my reapplication...

Reason for joining
    I was part of the Crew and like to get back there.
    I love to make pictures and I am very active. And I want to learn more and more about Photoshop.

Experience
    I quite good experience (don't know the exact month) about how to create signatures and avatars and other things.

Examples
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. shadowai1029

shadowai1029 Active Member

Hi, i would like to apply a possition in graphic team.

the reason i like to apply,

I got a passion in doing dota art work, and i wanna make it as nice as possible,i been matte painting some of the dota hero and their skill,you can view my art work in fanart.

Experience in Photoshop

I have 10 years of experience in using photoshop.

Example of works

please kindly check me out on shadowai1029 on deviantART

18. Ignis

Ignis Well-Known Member

October 1.
    No changes made in Crew.
    Keep your hopes up for next month guys :)

19. Nidral

Nidral Member

- Reason for joining
    Help people, learn more and be a hard worker :) cause i love siggy making :)
    6 months and still, want to learn everything there is

Nidral's Gallery

20. Ez_Mystery

Ez_Mystery Well-Known Member

Hi, I hope its not too late but I'd like to join the Graphics Crew

Reason for joining: Ermm, I kinda like accidentally take like 5 requests, I didn't know only Graphics Crew members can take them until I read the rules, sorry :crybaby:
    I'm kinda new to this but I hope you will accept me as a member so that I could learn more

Nevermind, Amergin's Cola said that it's fine, so I'm changing reasons
    So I'd like to be a part of the crew cuz I like making sigs, online almost daily and like to help people :happy:

Photoshop/sig making experience: Erm, I know a lot, can't remember since when, but you could view my sig collection to see what I'm capable of, link below

Examples of your works: Here!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010