New Broodmother Builds?

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by jsrnn, Sep 24, 2011.

1. jsrnn

jsrnn Well-Known Member

What to do, what to get, what to skill?

I checked replays section but no brood replays, in pro games people tend to get Soul Ring->Orchid but I don't know actually never tried it out. I don't think Vlad's is as viable as before because pushing with spiderlings nerfed quite hard.

What's your item/skill progression? How do you play her ATM?
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  2. -Groove.Mike-

-Groove.Mike- Well-Known Member

Re: New Brood Discussion

ATM i'm doing pt str soul ring bkb then tarrasque/butterfly butterly/tarrasque and dps items.
  3. LiquidNitrogen

LiquidNitrogen Well-Known Member

pick up an oblivion staff or two imo on your way to getting surviva-dps items like bkb and sny.
  4. jsrnn

jsrnn Well-Known Member

Any skill build suggestions?
  5. Pwntlolz

Pwntlolz Well-Known Member

in pubs ive been maxing bite by 7 with 1 point in the nuke
    firstblood at lvl 6, and after that they cant even sit in lane w/o fear of dying
    plus as soon as you get higher levels of the nuke your spiders can tank and you can towerdive np np
  6. jsrnn

jsrnn Well-Known Member

So, no love for brood?
  7. 1537

1537 Well-Known Member

soulring treads bkb butterfly HoT/AC with situational Orchid
  8. Kris

Kris Moderator

Basher and Vanguard are quite strong on her in the current version. Since her pushing presence isn't as strong as it was before she fills a role that is more orientated towards winning a solo lane and building into a heavy DPS.

Normally I just farm in lane and build into whatever is most applicable in a given game. Basher is very common for me and in some games you will need BKB in order to keep hitting people under your ult.
  9. Nugatory

Nugatory Well-Known Member

I like to go MoC+BKB+SnY+Phase on her as these items make her an unstoppable ganker/chaser.
  10. MikeTAR

MikeTAR Well-Known Member

These item suggestions aren't the greatest, but they are nice if you are in to change.

1) BattleFury rush
    2) Orchid rush
    3) Radience rush
    4) Vlds + Mech (early push build)
    5) Armlet.

Other then that her best build is pretty standard an boring, as mentioned above, bkb etc etc.
  11. wutwat

wutwat Well-Known Member

her build is very flexible, you have to adapt to the game

you usually want smth like sr+pt/phase (with stick/pms/rob as you see fit) as your core, then vang or bkb if needed, orchid if it rapes their heroes, then random dps/chasing stuff like yasha, butter, basher etc.
  12. Brick-Head

Brick-Head Active Member

Always better to build as you play rather than try to stick to some predetermined item set. Adjust to what your opponents are doing.
  13. Kris

Kris Moderator

Phase are REALLY ANNOYING to use on her because if you phase while you are hidden in a web you hero decides to press S when the phase duration runs out.
  14. mus.ika

mus.ika Well-Known Member

Getting Soul Ring and then Orchid is a bit redundant, imo. If I plan on rushing an orchid, I usually go PT first. And if the gameplan is a push strat, my build is usually Vlad's/Necrobook.
  15. asdasd

asdasd Well-Known Member

Oh that's why i found myself doing stupid shit while using them.
  16. Pondrac

Pondrac Well-Known Member

17. Pantera_1

Pantera_1 Well-Known Member

i usually dun up spawn spiderling until level 9 or 10. i prefer to harass with her passive and leveling webs over spiderling. after u hit level 6, it's basically a kill because of your slow and superior movespeed.

Power tread, basilius, bkb, s&y, mkb is my fave build. i dun find the need for soulring because u dun need mana early on since leveling third and sceond skil first is definitely better imo.
  18. nosmo_king

nosmo_king Well-Known Member

Every time i get BKB on her I feel like I don't do enough damage. What item can you get to up her dmg? Also soul ring is a good idea.
  19. Kris

Kris Moderator

Butterfly is a massive difference maker after you get EHP.

Since her ult gives you so much damage the extra EHP from evasion and the IAS/DMG from butter just feel perfect.

I personally prefer sitting on 2-3 sobi masks instead of SR since I tend to be choked off from courier use when I want it. Otherwise SR is perfectly applicable if you are making a VG style build.
  20. PsYc0t!c

PsYc0t!c Well-Known Member

i dont know abt sr nvr liked it on brood since whenever i tried getting it and spamming spiders opponents used to get sentry and f*** the low hp brood.
    IMO going pt orchid s&y BKB is very good now for semi-organised games.
    since phase and web interaction is not that great i avoid getting it and s&y provides a bit of everything - extra ms, some decent hp, a chance to slow which stacks with her orb, some dmg and aspd
    since u already have good attack speed and 40 dmg from orchid and pt u will shine a lot in mid game

i generally create spider and send the extra spiders to forest so that while i farm in lane my spiders get me some gold in jungle thus using the mana regen to max