Nevermore build?

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by SpiralAvenger, May 23, 2010.

1. SpiralAvenger

SpiralAvenger Well-Known Member

So I've been looking up Nevermore guides, but a lot of them seem conflicting. Treads or Travels. Bracers/Wraiths? Magic Wand/Bottle? Desolator/Satanic? Lothars/Blink? Im not sure when I'm supposed to get BKB either... I guess the skill build is quite simple. Necromaster+Shadowraze whenever possible, then Presences of Dark Lord and Ultimate, then finish. Replays would be cool or just the parsed stuff.
  2. heavenmace

heavenmace Active Member

I can be wrong,but I've seen Nevermoore owning with Eye of Skadi and Manta Style.
  3. SpiralAvenger

Well, I've seen that his damage comes from his ultimate and after a while his dps won't match up to later game carries. Manta style might be good if I get it early.
  4. scrubsie

scrubsie Well-Known Member

5. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Well-Known Member

Nevermore is my most favourite hero, and i have been playing with him since ages, so whatever i say is related to the best for me, which doesnt means that this way or items builds are the best for him,
    i go with maxing out necromastery and shadowraze first, then go pick ulti, then the max out presence of the darklord, and then stats+ultilvl..
    for the build i go for, bottle,dagger,bot,bkb,manta,deso.. thats enough for him, you can sell the bottle later, and depending on the situation you can either far increase your dmg, for eg get an buriza or you can get evasion and some dmg with butterfly, or if you need hp go for hot, and if you dont wanna make deso on him, simply make skadi and satanic! but i still recommend deso and the last item as assault, further armor reduction, attack speed and yr armor increases too!
  6. SpiralAvenger

Isn't that a pretty ridiculous amount of farming you have to do considering your steroid skill (Necromastery) isn't as powerful relative to the time into the game? Around 20k farming right there.
  7. asdasd

asdasd Well-Known Member

bracer if you are getting pwnd by nukes otherwise wraiths.
    Get both wand and bottle.
    need more survivability ? Get satanic if not get deso.
    I am a blink lover but in pubs lothar works better since invis=unkillable
    BKB if the opponents got a lot of stuns.

For replays i can suggest you to go at and find some Yamateh( team : KS) , Yaphets babyknight .
  8. scrubsie

scrubsie Well-Known Member

That was a dreambuild, i myself have never got a chance to finish that build in a game. :)
  9. DarkAngel

Yamateh is one of the best players ever, i really like his gameplay, but if you really wanna see a good SF, theres a player in china, with the nick starting with sth like C , sorry i cant remember his name well its quite difficult, you will fell in love with his gameplay of nevermore

2nd i dont agree with getting a wand, thats just a waste of gold, and lothars is a good item, gives you as and dmg as well, but it can be countered pretty easily with ward, dagger i wud say is much more prefferable!
  10. SpiralAvenger

The first few items are similar to my build, I guess I should consider Manta. I guess now the question is whether I should go Desolator or Satanic.
    Off Topic, Did the quote in your signature come from me? I could have sworn I said that in Random Chat.
  11. DarkAngel

well for that, its pretty easy and thats upto you to decide, if you think you need to be dmg dealer, go with the deso build, and if you need to go as defensive build with a lots hp also is case, if you are dying to much or r in dire need of hp, go for satanic/skadi, personally i dont like satanic on him at all.

hehe nah, that was my own :)
  12. 13BladesOfChao§

13BladesOfChao§ Well-Known Member

Boots: Power Threads/BoT
    Orb: Stygian/Skadi/Dominator
    Survivality: Bottle/HoD
    For Requiem: BKB/Blink Dagger/Lothars
    Armor: Assault Cuirass
    Special: Etc.

This is my build
  13. SpiralAvenger

Perhaps you didn't read my OP. I kinda wanted to know which between the 2 choices I wanted. Which situations warranted their use and such.
  14. VadujE

VadujE Well-Known Member

its just like you can't say BoT sucks get PT, depending on your playstyle and lineup you can get one.
    If you want to farm like mad and carry lateron get BoT.
    PT's strength boost helps you early especially if you struggle with getting ganked also they boost your DPS.

Lothats vs Dagger simply can't be decided, both have pro's and cons, you should use try both and look which one works better for you. however there are games where this may vary, going lothars against bounty and slardar isn't that clever.

Orb of choice also depends on your lineup and playstyle, I personally play orbless most of the time, but imho deso EoS and Lifesteal all can work for you.
    EoS is great when coupled with manta, however a fast deso will kill that maiden with 4 hits. Lifesteal is great if coupled with BKB since with enough damage you can keep yourself alive by leeching.
    BKB isn't needed in all games, you have to check your enemies. If they have a shitload of stuns you propably need one, if there are only 1-2 you might skip BKB.
    Bracers or Wraiths are completely up to you, I usually get a wand and thats that.
  15. kawumm

kawumm Well-Known Member

pretty cookie-cutter nowadays: wand treads bottle lothars BKB (dont just get it because someone says its core tho, sometimes youre better off spending your money on sth else; against lots of burst and disable its good ofc, but remember that manta does help quite a bit against single target spells) manta (screw deso, makes you paper like fuck and never needs IAS more than damage anyway) butter and skadi (depends on your farm which one to get first)then hotd -> satanic, still got slots? crit.

bracers/wraiths are almost always a waste on SF, slippers/gaunts/circlets/branches are enough till you get some gear.

im not saying you have to farm all that ofc, depends on the game. butterfly should be attainable most of the time, rest is for long/farm heavy games

bottle bot bkb blink simply lacks a lot in terms of DPS - yes, nevermore does sick damage anyway, but sooner or later you wont be able to keep up with other carries with that kind of build. works if youre mid-game carry or mainly needed for AoE ownage via requiem and razes.

presence of the dark lord can be delayed for some stats, SF gains levels fast anyway, ult whenever possible, start with necro, max razes first, necro second.

anyways. you should always get manta, its too good not to get on SF
  16. archangelofchao

archangelofchao Well-Known Member

bottle/treads(can be BoT's if you farm well)/lothars(or blink, preferential)/manta/bkb/bfly

Thats my opinion though, can be subbed for a Desolator or Mkb or something, its wide open.
  17. Rivirland

Rivirland Well-Known Member

Rush BoT (and I prefer no wraiths) if you had a good early game, wraiths if you had a normal early game and bracers if you had a hard early game. Bottle is of course the first item you buy (no, not bottle first, but the first item the courier will bring you). If playing pubs: Lothars. Else, it depends. Lothars works better for escaping since you can invis + extra movement speed and it is easier to build, but when you're doing good buy a dagger. Then, it depends on the situation. Lots of stunners/disablers/...: BKB. Else, get Desolater (I just don't like lifesteal on SF, don't know why :"D).
  18. Qnznbl

Qnznbl Well-Known Member

Buy a courier if playing in pubs. You should have Bottle, Wand and Boots of speed around lvl 8 (not to mension a flying courier). Then rush Travels. I dont find pt any useful (less ms, less mobility). Dagger > Lothars 99% of the time. With Lothars you wont be able to catch fleeing enemies + it can be countered very easily with dusts/gem. Also Bkb is nearly a must in most cases to place your requiem. Other items may varie although i find manta most useful due to its ms bonus and since you can farm it quite fast after your core. Also Deso/Assault is a great choice. Also bands/bracers are a waste, you can buy pms since you probobly bought 2 slippers at the beginning.
  19. iKrivetko

iKrivetko Well-Known Member

BoT is the shit.
    Next either rice for some dps
    or get Blink/Lothar's and BKB and gank.
  20. Redeemed A.I.

Redeemed A.I. Well-Known Member

Imba nevermore always wields either dagger or eul's.

If you have a team full of stunners you go lothar's.If you have a team of anti spellcasters (omni,abaddon) you go eul's.

It's so much fun using lothar's (or phase) and combine a perfect ultimate with eul's.

The best item build MUST have a black king bar /ethereal combo.Played a cw today where enemy had full aoe team and if I only had that bkb earlier I could cause a lot of pain with that much agility (ethereal/butterfly).

And to those who think Shadowfiend is a semi carry uber late game,of course you do because even late game you use the damn ultimate when you should totally devote yourself on agility and ehp.

Edit: Of course no to desolator.Cuirass all the way.
    Last edited: May 24, 2010