Mana bars

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by AduhAwas, May 28, 2010.

1. AduhAwas

AduhAwas Well-Known Member

Why aren't they official as of yet? If blizzard wants to show any support for the dota community, this should be incoming next patch. Makes as little sense as the lack of having an option to keep hp bars on all the time. I remember I used to stick a coin between the [] keys or use the alt key. Ridiculous wasn't it?

Inb4 Aduh uses mana bars. No i'm not, fag. But I would like to.
  2. Rivirland

Rivirland Well-Known Member

I agree with you. There is no point not to show them and it'll help a lot of players.
  3. Emo Princess

Emo Princess Well-Known Member

Agreed i hate have to click a runing hero in the fog looking for his mana to know if i chase if ill be nuked >.<
  4. Sigmalol

Sigmalol Well-Known Member

Isn't there an addon for that?
  5. clan_iraq

clan_iraq Banned

Having people drop from PDGG and say "Oh fuck my mana bars crashed" is not fun
  6. 1nF

1nF Well-Known Member

Mana bars would be a nice addition to what Blizzard offers us today. There is external software for showing foe's mana in 1800 range or something, but is illegal and bannable as it alerts you when enemy is hiding in the fog within the range, which is basically a maphack.
  7. Chairraider

Chairraider Forum Manager

Do we even want manabars? I always considered them just another perk for those idiots who are unable to check an enemies manapool during the game.
  8. Zangetsu2201

Zangetsu2201 Well-Known Member

Because Blizzard is stupid and focuses on the wrong things. I like how they thought that having as a hotkey, a letter from the skill's name, makes logic in any fucking way >.>

Edit: ^ What "always"? They're relatively new. Don't talk big if what you're saying is crap.

HELLRAISER Well-Known Member

Yeah there is an add-on for this. The one i tried only showed mana bars of heroes i can see and not of any hero in 1800range.

I agree with OP i can't see why this wasnt implemented by blizzard yet
  10. ArtiQ

ArtiQ Well-Known Member

It takes away some of the skill involved in DotA. By adding mana bars you don't have to keep track of your enemies mana.
  11. Zangetsu2201

You can say this about a lot of features, like the minimap, for example.
  12. AduhAwas

Are you the kind of idiot who keeps hp bars off as well?

HELLRAISER Well-Known Member

easy access to monitor mana is now considered a skill? Cause i think current system is just an annoyance. Ppl that tend to check mana of the opponents to extract "useful" information, is the same that will take under consideration the "weird blue bar" of the enemy, rest will just ignore it as "unimportant" information that spams their screen.
  14. ScepTeR^

ScepTeR^ Well-Known Member

if there was an addon for improving Ur minimap ,that would be unfair too .

DotA should not be about who has the latest add-on , or who has the latest hacks , it should be about skill Vs. skill .

If blizzard implements it , then its official and everyone will have it and its OK
    but now , it will only ruin the balance, and gives u unfair advantage.
  15. Zangetsu2201

And this thread is about how should Blizzard add it in-game, as a feature, so there's no need to point out how the current ways of seeing mana bars is considered unfair and illegal.
  16. AduhAwas

I want EVERYONE to have this benefit. Denying us of it is akin to denying us HP bars and we all know how useful they are. After all "real pros" can just click on the enemy hero and find out the hp right?
  17. ^^DragonFist^^

^^DragonFist^^ Well-Known Member

Should've been added so long ago, as an option like the hp bar. Nothing lost, all gained.
  18. STR1D3R

STR1D3R Well-Known Member

If they add it then it should be viewable only by the allies imo, letting enemies see it would remove the element of surprise buttsecks when you turn a gank around on them when they dont expect it.
  19. ^^DragonFist^^

^^DragonFist^^ Well-Known Member

The concept is the same as the HP bar, I don't get what you're saying. Allies won't see the mana bar if it's not checked, same for HP atm.
  20. Kuyss

Kuyss Well-Known Member

actually I'm so used to clicking on enemies that I didnt even notice it when i ran manabars.