Maim/Greater Maim stack

Discussion in 'Advanced Mechanics' started by Moooooman, May 12, 2012.

1. Moooooman

Moooooman Well-Known Member

hi,

how exactly does Maim/greater maim work, since it is no orb effect anymore?
    can Maim stack with greater Maim?

i just tried it but only greater Maim triggered, but it seemed like the chance for triggering greater maim was increased through having both

2. MauranKilom

MauranKilom Well-Known Member

They don't stack. Only one Sange/SnY will [note=be able to proc]work[/note] if you wield more than 1.

Other than that, it stacks with everything.

3. Moooooman

thanks for the fast answer

4. vijju1234567890

vijju1234567890 Well-Known Member

what of lesser maim?

5. MauranKilom

MauranKilom Well-Known Member

There's no "Maim", there's only "Lesser Maim" and "Greater Maim" (so the OP posed his question a bit wrong). Please reread my answer though, because it clears every doubt.

6. Steric

Steric Well-Known Member

One related question that's not exactly the same as the original question:
    Do Greater Maim and Lesser Maim apply the same buff?

For example: Hero with S&Y and hero with Heaven's Halberd are both attacking the same enemy (assuming the enemy is a valid target for Lesser and Greater Maim). Will the most recently applied override the other or can they both be on the attacked unit at the same time.

7. Kris

Kris Moderator

Out of curiosity suppose two heroes are applying buffs. One has Greater Maim and the other has Lesser Maim. Do the two slows stack or does the Greater Maim override the Lesser Maim buff?

8. Steric

Steric Well-Known Member

Didn't I just ask that? Anyways, I didn't test it because I thought it would be a pain to, but I just realized that using -noherolimit and attack Roshan with a ton of Hyperstones would make the testing real quick, so I'll do that right now.

9. Kris

Kris Moderator

Didn't realize what you asked until I had posted and realized you meant the same thing.

10. Steric

Steric Well-Known Member

Tested!

Greater Maim and Lesser Maim have different buffs, so the slows stack and can both be on the target at once.

11. Moooooman

i can confirm that, i also tested it, but you were earlier with your post, so they do stack when the buffs came from different attacker's