Magic Immunity

Discussion in 'Advanced Mechanics Guides' started by Black Isle, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Nutsy

Nutsy Well-Known Member

What about Repel dispelling GA buff... does that mean that being magic immune dispels some buffs... is it similar to purge?
  2. MauranKilom

MauranKilom Well-Known Member

Awww Yeah!

It is indeed similar to purge.
  3. GoldenSun

GoldenSun Member

May I add a little update that Charge of Darkness no longer give Magic immunity?
  4. mcgwire

mcgwire Member

I've noticed that Repel does not dispel things like the slow from Panda's thunderclap or Ogre's flame slow (i.e., target is slowed, omni casts repel, DoT stops but slow is still active). Can you explain the mechanics behind this? Thanks.

On the same line of thinking, I've noticed that Aphotic Shield can debuff even stuns after they connect, but Repel cannot.

Also, how does magic immunity interact with silence? I think Thrall and Silencer's ultimates > magic immunity.

Also i've noticed that AA's ultimate cannot be dispelled with Repel after connecting (not sure about before).
  5. EebstertheGreat

EebstertheGreat Forum Manager

1. Gaining magic immunity only removes magical buffs. There is a guide on this.

2. Aphotic Shield removes all negative buffs via triggers.

3. Ultimates go through magic immunity, as stated in the guide. Non-ultimate silences (like Drow's) and Soul Burns (like Orchid's) cannot target magic immune units.

4. Part of the ultimate can be removed and the magical damage can be stopped. This has already been discussed in a couple threads.
  6. mcgwire

mcgwire Member

Can you provide links? Thanks.
  7. EebstertheGreat

There are hardly any threads in this subforum. Can you really not be bothered to look fro the one called "mini guide to Purge"?

As for Ice Blast, here's the post you want:

8. mcgwire

mcgwire Member

What does purge have to do with the original question regarding magic immunity and buffs?

Regardless, thanks for the AA info.
  9. EebstertheGreat

In its most general sense in WC3, "purging" is the act of removing buffs.
  10. AmaTecBat

AmaTecBat Well-Known Member

Is Attack Type Spells identical to Attack Type Magic?

When i use the GUI function Unit - Damage target with the settings Attack type Spells and Damage type magic and convert it to custom text, it becomes ATTACK_TYPE_NORMAL, DAMAGE_TYPE_MAGIC, which would be a pure damage spell.

Nevermind, what is referred to as AT Normal in the table is actually ATTACK_TYPE_MELEE or ATTACK_TYPE_HERO.
    Attack type Spells really is ATTACK_TYPE_NORMAL.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  11. MauranKilom

Blizzard never fails to confuse everyone.
  12. EebstertheGreat

What the World Editor calls ATTACK_TYPE_MELEE, all other literature (including tooltips, etc.) refers to as "Attack Type: Normal." What the World Editor calls ATTACK_TYPE_NORMAL, all other literature refers to as "Attack Type: Spells."
  13. Hanzou

Hanzou Well-Known Member

[table]WorldEdit Value | Jass Value|Equivalent
    Spells |ATTACK_TYPE_NORMAL|Spells

Blizzard sure knows how to do it the hard way
  14. MauranKilom

^I'll save that in a bookmark. Removes another bit of confusion in the world editor.
  15. Hanzou

Hanzou Well-Known Member

^ I robbed it from =|
  16. oulay

oulay Well-Known Member

once i was playing spirit breaker and i took a double damage rune then i used my 1st skil to attack an opponent then i used the ulti but after i used it i realised that there is no double damage so the ulti's magic imunity made it go or what???
  17. EebstertheGreat

Yes, magic immunity removes the buff granted by Roar, which is what the DD rune uses.
  18. oulay

oulay Well-Known Member

soul keeper's ulti doesnt effect magic immune heroes although it is hp removal and not magical damage why???
  19. Black Isle

Black Isle Well-Known Member

Skill is coded in a way that the each HP Adjustment effect is triggered by the Storm Bolt spell that's cast by dummy units. This Storm Bolt ability which you see as mini-stunning skulls in game, is not an ultimate ability therefore dummy units fail to cast it if target or Terrorblade is Magic Immune.
  20. kevs926

kevs926 Well-Known Member

life break provides magic immunity also