Legion Commander, what do?

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by Combaticus, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Combaticus

Combaticus Well-Known Member

LC is a pretty common hero nowdays esp thanks to the compendium. I am pretty unsure of what this hero's best role is and was hoping for discussion on item/skill builds and where to lane.

First off, let's talk jungle LC. It gets a lot of hate but is still a pretty common sight. Probably the most LC's I see are jungle. With iron talon you can farm pretty fast, get a blink and start ganking for duels. You don't even really need too many points in PtA or MoC to farm fast and can get points in OO from like 3/4 to 5 since OO is probably your best spell for general midgame presence. I feel like you could go MoC/PtA/OO/OO/OO or an additional point in PtA or MoC if you are inclined. But you probably will want points in OO by like 8 or so.

For non jungle, what is the best lane to put her in? She can sustain herself mid and get farm and gank decently, but I feel like she can't really contest the enemies farm too much. She also doesn't do too much magic or burst damage compared to other mids and has a semi-risky disable, so your draft has to take that into account. Like why would I want a leigon mid when I could have an invoker or timbersaw or something?

That leaves safelane and offlane. I'd argue she would be a decent pos 1 since she wants a lot of items to be effective, but she doesn't feel like she carries as hard as other heroes in the lategame by a significant margin so that's not the safest draft. In the offlane I also feel like she's decent. PtA is good for escaping disables and OO can be used for contesting pulls and getting yourself some farm, but if you fall behind you'll probably end up just feeding duels.

In terms of items I feel like if playing a more core oriented role you want something like blink/BKB/armlet/AC/treads/deso or mjollnir and if you want to focus more on ganks replace armlet with blademail. I feel leigon's pretty slot starved. Blink is unarguably really important. Shadow Blade can work in addition to blink but not as a replacement I feel unless you're facing noobs. BKB is pretty important too for midgame domination. I feel like having both armlet and blademail is too slot consuming but maybe I'm wrong. It is also more things to prep before the duel (it is not always easy to use W+armlet+BM+BKB+blink+duel). AC, deso, and mjollnir are also pretty good luxuries too. I'd say having AC is the most important since you/your team benefits a lot from it while the other 2 are just damage, but this sort of limits her slots. Halberd is also good for linkens.

I feel like this hero is more on the weaker side but maybe I'm just not understanding what she is supposed to be doing.

2. BornFromAGrave

BornFromAGrave Well-Known Member

Maxed OO and Soulring is nice for Offlane. 4 creeps and 2/3 heroes every 30 seconds can bring them into a lot of trouble while also beeing able to escape. Safelane is kinda wasted since her playstyle is around gangs and as you said she doesnt carry as well as others when she dosnt get the duel and terefore its less about the items you farm but the way you put them into use. The risk is just way to high to waste all the farm you got. For mid she is lacking in Armor for a melee so you need PMS and bottle, since there is only 1 hero OO is not as good and its harder to sneak upon your enemy to get a duel (well not as important as you can go top or bot then). And i am not a fan of jungle with a hero who is unable to gang in order to jungle pre 6.

Itemwise i think its the best to build her tanky. You dont realy need dmg. Armlet should come right after dagger/Shadowblade. Satanic, HoT, Vanguard/AB, AC... maybe even some cheesy stuff like Atos or HH. Agha can be awesome when you got coordination or at least not total idiots in your team.

I prefer Blink aswell. But vs PA for example i go SHadowblade to upgrade it.

3. Nicolas_Cage

Nicolas_Cage Well-Known Member

Picking LC is a guaranteed lose. I have no idea why people actually pick her hoping to win the match. I saw Miracle played pos1 LC once in TI6 and lose the game despite OG having like 10k lead in golds.

4. AvrilLabigne

AvrilLabigne Well-Known Member

Just buy Dagger and gank the entire game, she has no mana costs at all and coupled with a single nuke from a ally, anyone dies at early game; stacking damage of Duel.

Spectre, Zeus and NP are her best friends.

5. yui92

yui92 Well-Known Member

you get the usual things like Blink/sb, some damage item like Deso, and maybe blademail somewhere in between.

And when you have some damage, get SCEPTER. Oh no scepter on LC? Noob?

nope.

provided that you are not playing with monkeys, which means your team mate CAN handle the distractions (banish, ethereal, eul, stun, etc) the damage prevention from outer source is godly.

It allows you to accumulate damage high enough to even contest the enemy main carry.

6. AvrilLabigne

MKB is enough.

7. yui92

yui92 Well-Known Member

^
    MKB won't save you from a laguna blade.

8. AvrilLabigne

Damage wise. No need for further items.

9. HolyBob

HolyBob Well-Known Member

Lina relevant in 2016? Echo saber is nice, pair with armlet and destroy kids. Blink a little overrated but usually necessary. Dont be afraid to get bkb.

10. yui92

yui92 Well-Known Member

So many people not understanding the quality of LC's scepter but oh well... those might be the same people claiming Drow's ult is good so..

Ok.

11. AvrilLabigne

I never said you shouldn't purchase Aghs all I said is you shouldnt buy Desolator or any other dps item.

12. TheGraveOne

TheGraveOne Well-Known Member

You need damage early game to win duels though.

13. HolyBob

HolyBob Well-Known Member

its great until someone stuns you.

14. yui92

yui92 Well-Known Member

What's great until stunned?

If you're referring to Drow ult I'll pretend i see nothing since this is LC post.

but if you're referring to LC scepter, then as i said before,

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  15. Nicolas_Cage

Why do you get LC, get her on pos1 and forced to farm 6500 golds for dagger+agha when Doom can do it for you risk free?

16. effreit89

effreit89 Well-Known Member

I don't think ASU on LC is good as it destroys any other combo it may have as a bkb-piercing lockdown. Also, LC does have a hard time killing anyone by herself lategame bar those stomps where you have like ~300 duel damage stacked.

Enemies don't usually fire at you during Duel anyway as most likely you'll have BM on. They will just stun/eul/disarm/banish you just the same.

17. yui92

yui92 Well-Known Member

^
    the long version of "i don't see the pros do it so it must be bad".

18. Nicolas_Cage

Can you post your Agha LC games?

19. effreit89

effreit89 Well-Known Member

^wow you got dat from THAT? HOW?! :facepalm:

blek.. i don't even follow the competitive scene - bar this TI when TNC wrecked OG 2-0. :D

20. InThoX

InThoX Well-Known Member

change her MoC to the old one (it never shouldve been changed anyway) and maybe shell become somewhat usefull again.