Latest tech purchase thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech' started by Valorian, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Ari~

Ari~ Banned

[​IMG]

edit: the toaster + 2TB HDD x1

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  2. Wivot

Wivot Administrator

I just bought this mostly due to one of my coworkers having it and me falling in love with it.

[youtube]_JLnoRyOkgk[/youtube]

And this because I always seem to need to charge my iPhone at like the worst possible moments and its super helpful.

[youtube]dOKQQT0nD_I[/youtube]

3. Ari~

Ari~ Banned

I have a hand crank charger. Never actually used it, but its pretty cool.

4. ChildLikEmperor

ChildLikEmperor Administrator

I think that is the worst advertising video I have ever seen, lol at the music! I dont get whats so good about it. It just seems like a normal torch?

5. Valorian

Valorian Forum Manager

maybe you can focus it to a LAZORS

6. Wivot

Wivot Administrator

Lol, yea it is an awful video but I thought I would post it any how. I work at a theatre and it is nice to have a flashlight that can be big and bright and then get small and zoom in. It can go probably about 40' up in the air when it is focused and glow the area as if it were only 10 feet away and it is small enough that you do not notice it in your pocket. Which is nice because I sometime hate carrying around my M20 warrior from Olight because it is big and can't focus but it's hella bright. But my switch or something on my m20 is going bad so I have to fix that.

7. Ari~

Ari~ Banned

[​IMG]

already broke it, going to go buy another soon. Stupid refrigerator was in the way...

8. Night1301

Night1301 Well-Known Member

Fridge raid operation failed, abort mission, RETREAT!

But seriously, use those in semi-wide open area, not a cluttered kitchen.

Currently saving up money for an LCD monitor and likely PS3 and will buy them as soon as I got settled in my university at fall.

9. Soymilk

Soymilk Well-Known Member

got a new ps3 - 320gb after my brother stole mine
    also im looking for a decent headset for the ps3, anyone reccommend?

10. Valorian

Valorian Forum Manager

if it's solely for PS3 the official Sony PS3 one is pretty decent with wireless and simulated surround sound

otherwise if you want cross platform go hunt for a pair of turtlebeach or something like that

11. Ari~

Ari~ Banned

my kitchen is pretty open, i was just bad at controlling it lol.

12. ChildLikEmperor

Turtle beach are awesome, support!

I always wanted to try one of those helicopters off my balcony

13. Night1301

Night1301 Well-Known Member

This.

Tried my friend's 300$ turtle beach wireless headset, it was awesome, he uses it for both his PS3 and XBOX 360.

14. K a z e

K a z e Well-Known Member

lol @ paying $300 for a headset... cost more than ps3 itself [​IMG]

15. Ari~

Ari~ Banned

I can never justify paying so much for a headset.... I just regular earbuds, but then again im not much of an audiophile.

16. K a z e

I think they buy them more for the fake surround sound to hear footsteps more than anything else. lol.

Although there are some headsets that actually have more than 1 speaker in their cups.

17. ChildLikEmperor

My Sennheiser are worth $300 but I only paid half that. Actually I didnt pay it at all, my awesome girlfriend bought it for me for Xmas 2010

18. K a z e

That's pretty sweet. I wouldn't pay past $150 for a headset.

19. Wivot

Wivot Administrator

Yea neither would I. I have seen some make off of Turtle Beach stuff that's called Komodo I think for like 10 bucks less and I was like are you serious? Apparently they are waaaay worse than turtle beach so spend the 10 bucks for the good stuff.

20. Sonic_Stream

Sonic_Stream Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Acer Aspire One ZG5

My parent brought it for my pre-u education. Not what I expected and I'm not sure it will be comfortable or not to type a lengthy Japanese paragraph on it as I'm expecting a Thinkpad instead.