Latest tech purchase thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech' started by Valorian, Jan 30, 2012.

1. CynthiaCrescent

CynthiaCrescent Well-Known Member

The Dark Knight Rises?
    Sexy indeed.

2. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Moderator

Why thankyou :)
    Indeed, tis a very schmexy film :>

3. ASPRY

ASPRY Well-Known Member

Considering a Noctua DH14 cooler, any better suggestions? I am looking for a very silent setup as my current PC is using CM Blizzard T2 CPU Cooler which makes a fuckton of noise especially at night, and occasionally makes grinding noise which was temporarily fixed by knocking the sides of the case.

[​IMG]

Also, my wire management is shit, there's no back casing or anything to hide my wires. Any help?

4. SmellyJelly

SmellyJelly Well-Known Member

My ivy i5 still does better job as heater than 8320 will , amd's have low tjmax therefor not exactly best heaters :ninja:

5. Murie~

Murie~ Well-Known Member

Love it. Grats for the new lappy.

6. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Moderator

Thanks. My favourite part is still the ability to play Age of Empires II in glorious 1280x1024 res :> Nothing beats the classics. And what's more, I don't even have to use the "Close-Windows-Explorer-Then-Run-The-Game" work around in Windows 8 :O (I'm also running it in WinXP SP2 Compatability to be sure).

That and having (a smaller version of) this as my start button with Classic Shell:
    [​IMG]

:)

7. SmellyJelly

8. K a z e

K a z e Well-Known Member

Traded a friend for his Fractal R4 + cash for my 650D

[​IMG]

Also added a H100i. I can't manage the back of my case for shit. Still need to work on that.

9. ChildLikEmperor

ChildLikEmperor Administrator

I heard the fans for the h100i are quite nice. Are you having any issues with noise under load?

10. SmellyJelly

They are good , under performance setting they are loud for some people though , comparing to my ex-Delta fans/1900XTX sound levels it's nothin tho

11. Xmarksthegank

Xmarksthegank Well-Known Member

They are better but still there's no other reason to buy them over high-end aircoolers than possibly more convenient space requirements and the looks.

They did upgrade the fans but the biggest difference in the H100i is the software, really. Ideally you'd want to use something like Gentle Typhoons.

12. ChildLikEmperor

ChildLikEmperor Administrator

Im not a fan of air coolers at all, their bulk is something I dont like. I prefer a clean tidy look to my machine and they go against that

13. K a z e

The h100i is a huge improvement over my h60. My temps never go above 45c at full load. My h60 idled at like 40-45c..

Idles at about 27c.

And yeah, I like the clean look that the liquid coolers give. I also would like not to remove a heatsink just to install RAM lol.

14. Murie~

Murie~ Well-Known Member

2 Videocards, am i correct?

15. SmellyJelly

Yes, by looks two 680gtx'es

16. Murie~

Murie~ Well-Known Member

because 120 FPS on ultramax settings is not enough?

17. SmellyJelly

Not enough for 1440p/1600p 120+ fps on bf3/crisis3/fc3/hitman on max settings.

18. K a z e

You will only get 40-45 fps on with a single 680 at 2560x1440 fully maxed out depending on the game. I was aiming for the 60 mark. Some lesser demanding older games will do fine but some other games not so much.

If I only played on a small 1920x1080 monitor, sure that's very unjustified. 2 680s is still kind of overkill but whatever. I got them both under retail price.

19. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Moderator

I just found myself a copy of Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition for $10. I feel so happy right now :)

20. Xmarksthegank

Xmarksthegank Well-Known Member