Last Movie you have watched and Rate it 1-10

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by †GodKing†, Sep 24, 2009.

1. DrFrank_

DrFrank_ Well-Known Member

The Deadpool

Can't tell if Jim Carrey was in this or not /10

2. Haasva

Haasva Well-Known Member

Egyptian mythology (like other culture mythologies) can sometime be quite surprising with its contents, almost science-fiction.

3. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper Well-Known Member

John Wick (2014)
    Easy 8.5/10

4. Ety

Ety Well-Known Member

X-Men: Apocalypse - 7.5/10

A bit too much spotlight on the new characters (Jean Grey and Cyclops). Or it might just seem so because I didn't really like the casting choice for them. I also expected a bit more from the main villain. It's as if all the dirty work was done by his servants while he was just teleporting them around and being all lazy throughout the movie.

P.S. Is it just me or Sophie Turner can't act for shit in a movie?

5. RisaStoleMyHart

RisaStoleMyHart Well-Known Member

She's a good actor.

6. stereox

stereox Well-Known Member

Dumb and Dumber 8/10

Dumb film with dumb actors. Dumbily funny.
    They're dumb. Be careful.

7. DrFrank_

DrFrank_ Well-Known Member

Man of La Mancha

Kind of cringey but it appeals to my inner fedora-tipping self. I've been saying "m'lady" with +140% frequency after watching this film.

9.5/10

8. Saved

Saved Well-Known Member

Guess Who's Back - 6/10

In some ways totally awesome, in some ways kinda meh. Overall fairly entertaining.

9. TheImperial

TheImperial Well-Known Member

Independence Day Resurgence: 6.5/10

I'd say it's one of the good continuations of old movies. It's just ordinary summer blockbuster but it's not a bad thing. I'd take 10 of this than fucking transformers. I loved the world they showed. Reminded me of Mass Effect for whatever reason.

10. kamecin

kamecin Well-Known Member

Finding Dory: 7.5/10

I would rate Nemo 9. I think the transition between Nemo to Dory was good. There was plenty of action in Dory, and random funny moments here and there. But storyline-wise was slightly weaker than Nemo's, and too many random filler moments that adds little to the story. But overall I'd still give it a high rating and a good one to watch, especially if you're a Nemo fan.

11. JohnGotti

JohnGotti Well-Known Member

Warcraft:The Beginning

7.5/10

The CGI work is impressive, spells in particular look awesome.
    Perfect portrayal of Guldan-manipulative, ruthless, power hungry.
    Dialogue is somewhat shallow, music pretty forgettable.

Overall, a decent fantasy flick, it exceeded my expectations.
    Looking forward to seeing the sequel.

12. Greaves

Greaves Well-Known Member

The Purge: Election Year

After going back and watching the other Purge movies after seeing this one in the cinema (curiosity) this is probably the best one. It still has too much bullshit story and not enough focus on the lunatics outside, but the lunatics got more screentime than ever.

6/10

13. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Moderator

The BFG - 7/10

This is the kind of whimsical and silliness that only Roald Dahl can deliver and is thoroughly enjoyable. Would recommend.

14. LostENT

LostENT Well-Known Member

Suicide Squad 7/10

Joker was an over-sexualized mouth breather and he's the only reason I'd watch this movie. The character development was there but there were so many characters that everything felt rushed. The visuals and animations were great. Editing was bad, and so was the soundtrack. They went with classic rock (family music???) like Guardians of the Galaxy did. They should have gone with EDM. They set it up for a sequel and I'd probably watch it. I really didn't have to see Ben Affleck as batman. I didn't see Batman vs. Superman for a reason.

I gave it +1 because the chick I was with liked it.

15. RisaStoleMyHart

RisaStoleMyHart Well-Known Member

FF 15 Kingsglaive - 7/10

I liked it. But i've been following the franchise forever.

16. DMR_Chane

DMR_Chane Well-Known Member

The Godfather 9.6/10

17. F.E.A.R.0

F.E.A.R.0 Well-Known Member

Young Frankenstein 10/10.

John Wick FTW.

Yup that film is too good.

18. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Moderator

I still haven't seen the Godfather movies. I should probably get around to it.

19. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Moderator

Ben-Hur (2016) - 5/10

Coming from the knowledge that the film it is based on is around 4 hours long, I could very quickly tell that the story we got with this remake was heavily compressed. Each act had too many steps to try and get through to move the story along, so the whole film felt very compressed and there was simply too much it had to try and cram in to feel like a success. And this greatly diminished the quality of the movie. It started strongly, with the first moment of the climactic scene to pull us in before moving back to where it all started. A tried-and-true trope and, initially, it felt like it was working.

But as the movie went on, it felt like more and more that there was stuff missing. Not having seen the original I don't know what this stuff was, but I could still tell that there were things missing. What I can say is that the final sequence of the movie was fantastic. The climactic chariot race was excellently choreographed and shot and is definitely the highlight of the film. The catharsis element of the ending, though, felt very artificial and shoehorned in. There was no setup or any hints throughout the film that that's what was the likely outcome of such emotional conflict between the leads.

Disappointing.

20. Saved

Saved Well-Known Member

Primer: 6/10.

Honestly it would be like 9/10 at least if I could understand the damn thing without having to read a synopsis after watching it. Epic ass idea and plot, but presented in such a confusing and abbreviated manner.