Last Movie you have watched and Rate it 1-10

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by †GodKing†, Sep 24, 2009.

1. CynthiaCrescent

CynthiaCrescent Well-Known Member

Gotta see the Avengers soon, since I've no idea what's so awesome about it.
    In the mean time:

Mr.Popper's Penguins: 4/10

It took me 4 minutes to remembre the movie I just watched last night, that was how forgettable it was. Maybe I am just cynical, but my being able to guess how the entire movie progress from the first 10 minutes mean there is something wrong. The humor was bland, everything was just a bit too illogical and sudden. I'm not even sure WHAT I'm supposed to get from it.
  2. 8thCircle

8thCircle Well-Known Member

so whats up with a pretty much 100% American movie coming out in other countries quite a bit before the US? Weird shit, usually it's the other way around.
  3. CynthiaCrescent

Well, if we're talking about none torrenting, then yea, it came out about half a week ago here.
  4. badmafa

badmafa Banned

The Avengers - 6/10

I felt like I was being played down to a lot. Given my familiarity with Joss Whedon's work, I expected something a lot more sophisticated.

The action was competently done, but it just never ended. I wanted to see a lot more of the character dynamics between the Avengers (especially Black Widow and Hawkeye). The film brushed up against some interesting ideas, and I wanted to see those explored more deeply.

The climax of this film reminded me of Revenge of the Sith. That lightsaber duel between Obi Wan and Anakin just doesn't end, and this was really getting close. There was also a roundup sequence that rivals Ocean's Twelve in its drawn-outness.

I give Whedon props for some of the dialogue, and for Firefly/Dollhouse references. The acting, direction and effects are top notch (I was concerned about seeing this in 3D, but it worked without being on the nose). I just feel like the story needed a stronger outline.
  5. Sasho1233

Sasho1233 Well-Known Member

Coach Carter - 10/10

This is not my first time watching this movie. And it's not going to be my last. It's an awesome movie about a guy who goes against the system to affect change in the lives of young basketball players. And succeeds. It's an old movie, but I highly recommend it.

About The Avengers:
    I expect it to be the next action packed movie with some punchlines, black humor and a smooth love story. The good guys are going to get defeated in the beginning, apocalypse pending, they come up with a desperate one in a million plan that miraculously works. How far am I from the truth?
  6. badmafa

badmafa Banned

That's accurate enough for a guess. It was enjoyable; you should still see it if you're on the fence.
  7. Sasho1233

Sasho1233 Well-Known Member

Intouchables - 9/10

Awesome movie about second chances and the fact that life is never over. And the French show that special effects are not needed in order to make a good movie. Based on a real story.
  8. CynthiaCrescent

Tekken - Blood Vengeance - 7/10

Ok? Maybe I'm just giving this thing 7 because it hits on a romance subtle plot (no, not those idiots muscleheads) that I've been wanting to see, all the while NOT pushing the straight romance into my face. It was... cute, I suppose, it's not canon so I don't expect much. The plot was shaky at best, and I've always hated predictable movies.
  9. Sven2k

Sven2k Moderator

Kung Fu Hustle - 7.5/10

Awesome movie! The only downside is that the movie feels rather short and kinda clunky, the main hero really needed more character development and screen time, also some CGI effects really weren't needed and felt kind of forced. If the movie was made into two parts those issues would've been resolved but still, it's a great watch over all.
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  10. One.More.Game.

One.More.Game. Well-Known Member

The Avengers

The plot was a little bit blurry, but still awesome.
  11. badmafa

badmafa Banned

Tron - 5/10

A little incoherent, but pretty fun.
  12. A G R

A G R Banned

Bad Santa - 7/10

Rewatched it because I recently remembered what an awesome actor Billy Bob Thornton is.

13. wesai

wesai Well-Known Member

The Man from Earth - 8.5/10

One of the best movies I have watched recently. It's just a group of people talking in a room. That's the scenario that the whole movie takes place.

The interesting part about this movie is the story this guy tells, very fascinating and it does keep you hooked up until the end. Heck, this guy is more believable than Jesus. Don't expect and action-packed flick or something like that, just keep your mind open and enjoy the ride.

I recommend.
  14. Shizzy-

Shizzy- Well-Known Member

Shawshank Redemption.

Just an amazing movie.
  15. Dr.Richtofen

Dr.Richtofen Well-Known Member

The avengers! 9-10 really awesome movie.
  16. A G R

A G R Banned

Very good movie indeed.

I got brownie points for telling my philosophy teacher to watch it, he was amazed.
  17. wesai

wesai Well-Known Member

Awesome. Yeah, I can't believe I never have heard of The Man from Earth until this week. But it's better late than never at all, right? :)
  18. WaterVapOr

WaterVapOr Well-Known Member

Pleasantville - 8/10

Story about 2 people sucked in a T.V. and they became the 2 characters in a black and white T.V. show.
  19. L.A Confidential- 8.5

Good, superb acting by Kim Basinger. Mesmerizing.
  20. WaterVapOr

WaterVapOr Well-Known Member

She's out of my league - 9/10

Nice movie. Hot girl + normal boy = damn.