lag in dota 2? how to fix?

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by blajban, Nov 25, 2011.

1. blajban

blajban Member

So i got this new game dota 2 last night.

And my god it is laggy. I dont mean fps lag, or internet lag. Its just that everything takes at least 1 second do to.

Like this for everyone? Cant believe they actually made a game this laggy considering lag free options.
  2. Domenico

Domenico Moderator

Everything works fine for me, but complaints like yours aren't rare.
    What exactly do you mean? Controls aren't responsive enough or what?
  3. blajban

blajban Member

Everything works fine. except that in a certain other game when i click to attack my character just picks up his bow and attacks when animation is done. Here, he waits 1 second.

Guess responsiveness is the way to describe it yea
  4. ZerloX

ZerloX Well-Known Member

Are you playing on servers in your region? For me Dota 2 has better responsiveness than hon.
  5. Metztli

Metztli Well-Known Member

Play with server for your region and there will be no delay ...
  6. shugi99

shugi99 Well-Known Member

What's your graphics card?
  7. 300thecat

300thecat Well-Known Member

I'm from SEA and the servers were horrible last week. Around 1.5 secs of constant delay. But it's fine now. Anyways, my advice to you is to chill at the moment and find other player from your region with the same problem.
  8. blajban

blajban Member

Im playing in my region yes.

graphics card radeon hd 4650 i think its called.
    processor i52500k

My friend had no problems with this at all, only me. And his computer is way worse than mine
  9. fevgatos

fevgatos Well-Known Member

For the last 2 days im playing totally lag free. Bet its your GPU, since the game is heavy, and since I have 2 computers, the one being a weakling, I encounter the same shit. Playing Dota 2 on my 7900GS and my dual 5850 makes a vast difference, its like playing another game.
  10. Domenico

Domenico Moderator

Can't say anything specific, but maybe attack animation you see is purely client-sided, but real attack is not. Maybe that is indeed a problem with delay.

Anyways, sometime people talk of things like this one. If Valve can, they will fix this eventually (if that's something they have something to do with, ofc) since it's one of the most important aspects of DotA, after all...
  11. _Darkness_

_Darkness_ Well-Known Member

I'm facing a lot of delay lately because the nonexistance of servers close to my region. Unfortunatly there is nothing we can do.
    Just hope they start a South America server soon...
  12. blajban

blajban Member

Yea lets hope so. Just thought id ask to see if it was a common problem.

Thanks for all the help.
  13. blajban

blajban Member

Will try to lower settings even more. I do have a problem with settings being back to default every time i start the game though, so im not sure if things have really changed...
  14. DIEDAY

DIEDAY Member

i want play DOTA 2!!
  15. Mae Shirayuki

Mae Shirayuki Well-Known Member

This is a tool to fix it. :D
  16. cirtili

cirtili Member

17. NapKing

NapKing Well-Known Member

you have to lower the resultion i guess.. i got my key yesterday and struggled ALOT with making it run smooth. im currently on a resultion that is too low for what my computer should be able to handle so that i dont lag/delay. + graphics decreased alot... kinda takes out the joy of the game for me
  18. INeedaKey

INeedaKey Well-Known Member

get a better connection
  19. iPlayDotaBot

iPlayDotaBot Active Member

try to restart the router
  20. blajban

blajban Member

I have a quite good connection, more than enough to handle it. If the game is made for people with even better connection than me, theyll miss alot of customers.

Anyway, i tried dropping the resolution even more and i think i got some results. Will try it out later. Thanks guys